ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Through the Fire and Flames
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mexicanobrazil  

PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, as I thought, this music have a little trick onto the SP

I looked very well(and I did it without all SPs)...there's only 3 or 4 SPs there you need to do or you'll kill yourself later...

If I'm correct,there are:

1- Measure 26...if you do it, you can start the Post Insanity part without difficulties, you should save some Star Power until starts

2-Beggining of Red Dawn II, measures 123 and 124...I did by myself and tested. You NEED to do it because this section is a little bit tricky, so, having this one should help at once. So saving up some SP is good.

3-Synth Death,measures 186-194...it's easy,but...the next should be tricky to some(like me), so save it to bring you a upper hand on the music

4-Climatic Build Up Measures 236-237 and 244...Herman's Solo should be easy, but having this one should help later at Measures 247-253 and make you some points and time.

The other ones is good to hit,but I saw it you don't need to hit it, unless if necessary and if you're losing,of course

I tested with me and worked well...but I don't have camera,so I couldn't record it

Maybe this one should help, I hope
RichardGHP  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mnetlucas wrote:
the problem with an SP path for this is that first you have to be able to hit all of the Star Power...

To be fair, most of the SP phrases outside of red snake are actually reasonably easy to hit. In my opinion, people who have trouble with the SP only THINK that they can't hit the SP phrases simply because it's TTFAF.
I mean, come on, they could have put SP phrases in What The?!, the Twin Solo triplets or at the end of Bridge 1.
I only have 10 Expert FCs, yet can consistently pick up at least 20 of the SP phrases.
The biggest barrier to a 4 or 5* on TTFAF is a mental roadblock.
YOU HAVE THE POWER!
Midflightghdude  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mnetlucas wrote:
the problem with an SP path for this is that first you have to be able to hit all of the Star Power...

so true lol
LlamaYip  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RichardGHP wrote:
mnetlucas wrote:

To be fair, most of the SP phrases outside of red snake are actually reasonably easy to hit. In my opinion, people who have trouble with the SP only THINK that they can't hit the SP phrases simply because it's TTFAF.
I mean, come on, they could have put SP phrases in What The?!, the Twin Solo triplets or at the end of Bridge 1.
I only have 10 Expert FCs, yet can consistently pick up at least 20 of the SP phrases.
The biggest barrier to a 4 or 5* on TTFAF is a mental roadblock.
YOU HAVE THE POWER!
I would have to agree. I have hit EVERY SP phrase in the song other than m 200, SFAIII, the Red Snake, whatever. If I can get all of it in a run, thats like 800K for me.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: LlamaYip Wii Friend Code: 6484459093164883
and1rams  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So yesterday I began trying to 5* this song. I can fc the into until the sweeps and restart if I don't get the sp in the "post insanity?". I get most of the rest of the sp and use it at my good sections. In the solo, since I don't get more than a 2 or 3 times combo at different parts, I tried saving the sp, coming out with full sp. Since I can't hit the red snake, I saved this for the part similar to post insanity, I believe called almost there? Would it be better for me, since there are 2 sp in that section, to use my sp in the solo? Ps, I also get a 2 or 3x at times of the you rock. I don't have a problem beating the solo without sp. Thanks for the advice, I went from 320 to 472k since yesterday after maybe 5 full runs and some practice. What's your take on this sp?

The Log (5* GHII) [X] <br>
Beat Jordan (GHII) [X] <br>
El Jefe (5* GHIII) [X] <br>
Beat TTFAF (GHIII) [X] <br>
5* Expert Aerosmith Career [X] <br>
GS Main Rock Band Setlist [X] 9/13/08 <br>
FDXCpinballwiz  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and1rams wrote:
So yesterday I began trying to 5* this song. I can fc the into until the sweeps and restart if I don't get the sp in the "post insanity?". I get most of the rest of the sp and use it at my good sections. In the solo, since I don't get more than a 2 or 3 times combo at different parts, I tried saving the sp, coming out with full sp. Since I can't hit the red snake, I saved this for the part similar to post insanity, I believe called almost there? Would it be better for me, since there are 2 sp in that section, to use my sp in the solo? Ps, I also get a 2 or 3x at times of the you rock. I don't have a problem beating the solo without sp. Thanks for the advice, I went from 320 to 472k since yesterday after maybe 5 full runs and some practice. What's your take on this sp?

i would say if you can't get a combo the solos, save it for the "almost there" section. its not like your getting any excess star power which would be wasted so just save it until the part that you can combo. good luck with the 5*.

My accomplishments page (530/567 fc's)

Add me on facebook
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: FDXCp1nballw1z
TheThirdDay  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:23 am    Post subject: Re: Through the Fire and Flames Reply with quote

JCirri, in the first post of this thread, wrote:
Note: this thread is for star power discussion. For help on this song not related to star power, see The Official TTFAF Thread.

If you try posting in that thread, you'll get a lot more help, because more people read that than this.

EDIT: Also, most HTML doesn't work here, so those line break (?) tags are pretty pointless.
Xtresso  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FDXCpinballwiz wrote:
and1rams wrote:

i would say if you can't get a combo the solos, save it for the "almost there" section. its not like your getting any excess star power which would be wasted so just save it until the part that you can combo. good luck with the 5*.

I used it in grinding scales, then in sam's solo and then ended up with four in the rampaging dragons part (when I was first going for a 5*). By using it in Sam's you get full SP again but you have to hit every phrase so it can be a little tricky (except the red snake phrase)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just 4*'red the song here. It happened yesterday, and I nearly got an fucking heartache when I saw my score. The first time i got 447k and 86%, the next time I get around 417k and get around 87%. And I used the starpowers correctly untill grinding scales part. There is where it all messed up. Do you think I could get more points if i saved my starpower to the second grinding scale and used it there? And how could it happen I got less score than my 86% than I got on my 87%?
insanewizard9  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 5:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NukeboySC wrote:
Just 4*'red the song here. It happened yesterday, and I nearly got an fucking heartache when I saw my score. The first time i got 447k and 86%, the next time I get around 417k and get around 87%. And I used the starpowers correctly untill grinding scales part. There is where it all messed up. Do you think I could get more points if i saved my starpower to the second grinding scale and used it there? And how could it happen I got less score than my 86% than I got on my 87%?

obviously you were comboing better with the 86%, and using SP during good combos. you probably hit more random notes, perhaps with overstrums and alot more combo breaks, in the 87% run
mixam32  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:09 pm    Post subject: hammer ons Reply with quote

most of the begginers can't do an hammer on easily.I KNOW and most of the people don't know that an hammer on is just a press, not with strum.
pizzzapizza  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:48 am    Post subject: reply of guitarhero3 new leader on this song Reply with quote

NukeboySC wrote:

someone just recently made this song a new score and this made me so surprised the new score on expert is I think 988K I think which 990K is very optimist to do on this score of TTFAF on expert
Sakish  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think ape mentioned something about if he fcd ttfaf he'd get 1st place which i much likely think he would.
Yet that 988k run was insane >_>
NukeboySC  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How could you get 990k when the optimal score is 988k and with 100% squeezing?That really suprises me... O_O
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NukeboySC wrote:
How could you get 990k when the optimal score is 988k and with 100% squeezing?That really suprises me... O_O

optimal is 992402. go to our friend debr's & tma's website. bradleyzoo & slowhero. you got everything you need there.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Guitar Hero III -> Expert All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 9 of 11

Jump to: