ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Someone can tell me if this .mid is right?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
viciouswe  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:28 pm    Post subject: Someone can tell me if this .mid is right? Reply with quote

Hi,

I made this .mid to put in Guitar Hero II but i don't know if it is right, i can't take off the drums sound, and I know about the time, if is right or no.

http://rapidshare.com/files/5655876/futebol.mid.html

Someone can tell me the function of .mid, if is just to config the action of the musicians.

Thanks,
Riz  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This appears to be a musical rendition of a song in midi format. That's not at all what the midi files in GH/GH2 are for. They are standard midi files, but they encode the notes that are to be played on the guitar, star power groups, player switches for face-off mode, etc. They also encode, with text events, certain animations and triggers in the 3d scene, but those are optional in terms of having a working song.

The bottom line, however, is this appears to be a midi of the *music* (I can't really say with certainty, as I don't know the music), not of Guitar Hero information, and is probably totally useless for use by GH. You might start by reading Riff's Guitar Hero MIDI and VGS File Details thread, so you can understand what information the GH format midi file needs to contain. It's a lot to absorb, but if you read over it with one of the midi files from the game, or one of the custom midi files that someone here has made, you will probably be able to get the idea.

Riz.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks man,

I get this .mid from Guitar Pro tabs program and put in Anvil Studio, and change the instruments, and thought this is was sufficient, but wasn't.

Reading the guide, i see that is very complex process.

Thanks for your anwser
viciouswe  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More one little question ...

I can use this file and made a some fix or i have to made one of the begin?

Thanks.
Riz  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might be able to use it as a reference for the timing of the notes, but in general, you'll probably have to make the GH midi file from scratch, or at least start with an existing GH midi file, erase all the note data (to keep the track structures), and then start adding in the GH note data, tempo information, etc, yourself. You're right, it is a complex process, which is why it take RO/HMX a year to make a game with 64 songs in it, even though they probably have specialized tools to make the job a lot easier, and a lot of experience. For us amatuers, it's a lot harder and more time consuming process.

Riz.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: