ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 Tournament - Dec. 16th - Dallas, TX @ CPL 2006 Finals
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sluggo wrote:

semi 1: Sluggo vs JW2
- Sluggo picks Crazy on You; Sluggo wins (~20k)
- JW2 picks Carry me Home; Sluggo wins (~30k?)
Sluggo advances

semi 2: Quackadilly vs Sephi
- Quackadilly picks The Light That Blinds; Quack wins (~150k?)
- Sephi picks Hangar 18(?); Quack wins (I have no idea what the spread was)
Quackadilly advances

3rd place match: JW2 vs Sephi
- JW2 picks Six; JW2 wins (~100k)
- Sephi picks Freebird; Sephi wins (~60k)
JW2 wins 3rd, Sephi takes 4th

1st place match: Sluggo vs Quackadilly
- Sluggo picks Who Was In My Room Last Night; Sluggo wins (~46k)
- Quackadilly picks One For The Road; Quack wins (~60k)
Quack takes 1st, Sluggo 2nd

I felt like I blew a golden chance to steal the final. There must have been 10 songs Quack could have destroyed me on, but he happened to pick one I'm close to FCing... and I played it like crap. I even had a chance to pull it out near the end, but I missed The World's Simplest SP Phrase and cried as I watched a stream of 3-note chords go by without an x8.

Hangar 18 wa like 330K(new high for me) to 212K....no thanks to lag.....it would have been closer.

You could have easily destroyed me on the final. I wasn't really prepared to face you for the #1 spot. One For The Road was the only song I thought I could do well with the lag issues. Aside from time constraints and lag, I'd have picked Six or Free Bird. Oh well.

and now for my analysis of the tournament.....

For the most part the tournament was ok. I finally got to see JW2 play Six in person......GOOD STUFF!!!! Seriously I thought it would be JW2 and me in the finals....kinda scary seeing that he has such a huge lead on Six over me. That got screwed IMO because of the lag on the projector.....BAD IDEA. The projector was a good 60ms off. But the crappy thing was that it would not calibrate consistently. At least we know for next time.
It was a fun trip though. I was definitly surprised by sluggo almost beating me for the #1 spot. And Darkshell almost knocking Sephi out early. Anyone remember the scores for that? I think Sephi one the first by about 10K and the second by 2K?

Definitly was fun, hopefully I can be there for the next one. Maybe it could be planned earlier and have bigger prizes and have a CoOp tournament too Mr. Green

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 more pics:

Sephi and one of the Frag Dolls.

Me and Sluggo

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have those group pictures that you took? I'm interested in seeing any and all of the pics you took at the tournament.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: powfordamage PSN Name: powfordamage
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JW2 wrote:
Do you have those group pictures that you took? I'm interested in seeing any and all of the pics you took at the tournament.

the digital group pictures came out really bad. fuzzy.because I didn't take the picture

When the film version of them gets printed I'll scan them and give you the links.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

quackadilly wrote:
Anyone remember the scores for that? I think Sephi one the first by about 10K and the second by 2K?

Pretty much. He faked me out towards the end of Monkey Wrench and I blew my star power (I *REALLY* need to learn the 'right' times to use that stuff...), and yeah, about 2,000 points on Raw Dog. Ouch. We even hit *exactly* the same amount of notes in that one! Talk about a bitter pill to swallow

Still - It's all in great fun and competition, and Sephi handled the pressure like a pro!
ArtesEscuras  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:08 pm    Post subject: MTV Airings? Reply with quote

Are they going to air the documentary on MTV? And if so, when will it be? I'd like to see myself at random times on TV
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: WAREZABOUTS 01
Sephi  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be aired at the beginning of February. If anyone is really interested in some more major competition, check out my frets on ice tournament in the tournament thread.It's already got me, Quack, JW2, Tipper Queen, Drunkenmonkey328, possibly, ninjafetus, etc. It's going to be an even more competive and guaranteed better run tournament . It's my like 4th or 5th Guitar Hero tournament THAT I HAVE ORGANIZED so I know how to do it right.

Jan. 12, 2007- I no longer am a mere God, I am a Guitar God. 64/64 *****
ArtesEscuras  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alrighty, thanks. I look forward to seeing it. I'll try to go the Frets on Ice. I haven't really gone out of state just for some event.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: WAREZABOUTS 01
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What?!?!?!

It's not just some event!!!!

It's gonna be a HUGE tournament with some of the best from scorehero in it!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol, I didn't mean it THAT way. I meant that, I've never left the state to go some where that my parents (who are the only ones who would drive me) would not have an interest in. Sorry if I offended anyone
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just kidding. Mr. Green

It' would be great to see more people there.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Whew! I'm that guy you beat on the quarterfinals, I believe. I chose Laid to Rest and you chose Carry Me Home. Man, I was just so excited I got to play you. It was awesome. Even I got my name taken and arse kicked, it was shweet. I have something to brag about people: I played one of the top people and got beat by them :3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: