ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Clear your ScoreHero cookies if you cannot login!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hello12  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, after reading this and seeing people using IE I decided to give it a try and can finally log in... I haven't been able to on Firefox since my last post a few posts up...

SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 3:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my living room PC which has to run IE6 because of other people in the house's ability to log into their work PC not being supported by IE7 yet, I cannot log in no matter what I do.

Clear just my scorehero cookie, doesn't work.
Clear all cookies using IE's normal way, no go.
Run CCleaner and use Gutmann secure deletion (35 passes) on ALL of my cookies, no good.

I can log in and manage my scores no problem, but whenever I go to check my PMs or make a post I am taken to the standard log in screen. Once there I type my username & password and check the "log me in automatically" box and click submit. After clicking submit I am taken back to the standard log in screen with both text fields empty.

This same error happens regardless of whether or not I check the "log me in automatically" box.

On my other PC which runs IE7 (which I am posting this from) I have had no trouble whatsoever after clearing my scorehero cookie once.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Niall  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I guess all these problems can't be solved or something? No word? Cookies info gives nothing? We're now unable to do things as before? I'm getting really confused as to what happened. None of us changed our software, yet nothing can work like it did for some of us. I have the IE runaround, but still. Others simply can't log in at all.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just an add-on to the last thing i had posted about IE6 not working at all, it still doesn't work, but using firefox on that same computer allows me full access like normal. so if internet exploder screws things up, just firefox it.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
Niall  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And in my case, it's the reverse - firefox doesn't work but IE does.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I LOVE YOU SOOO MUCH!

ty so much i was struggling for ages
vicpac  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can log onto forums with Firefox but not manage scores. IE is fine for either. When I log to manage scores I get the following error in the Firefox Error console.

Error: document.jstest has no properties
Source File: http://www.scorehero.com/login.php
Line: 1

Maybe this will help
iagomonk  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody likes a solution that requires them to clear their cookies, especially since IE doesn't let you selectively do so - and losing all cookies for all sites can be a pain in the ass.

Why don't you do the cookie deleting on your end?
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You don't need to clear all your cookies, you only need to delete the ScoreHero ones. And you only need to delete them once IF you still have a ScoreHero cookie stored on your computer older than November 23rd. Then new cookies will be stored upon login and will work for the rest of eternity without ever touching them again.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Re: Clear your ScoreHero cookies if you cannot login! Reply with quote

I wasn't able to login and Manage Scores with either IE or Firefox using my main hard drive (XP, 2002 version). I cleared cookies, modified cookie setting, and did everything else I could think of related to cookies. I then decided to take an old hard drive and installed XP (2006 version) and now can Manage Scores after logging in. No more bimonthly updating scores!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri: Still no dice! Firefox is not storing ANY cookies at all from scorehero on my computer! What did you do?? There are several of us in this bind and nothing seems to work. Is there a way to manually set a cookie value or something? My session_set in Firefox upon cookiecheck says 0, and my cookie search does not turn up anything for scorehero.com at all. This has passed from annoying to frustrating. I really dislike having to open IE just for using scorehero.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nial, you sure you are allowing cookies?

PS3 Trophies | Addicted to Call of Duty!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: RaNdOmK1d94
CoolMotion  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i still cant log in at all on the main page but i can log in on the forum (obviously) so i dont know whats going on. I tried to delete my cookies but it still doesnt work. please help.
EDIT: i have AOL 9.0 security edition SE (yes...dial up ) and i tried opening IE(7) and that didnt work. tools > settings > delete browsing history > delete cookies....DIDNT WORK! *cries* now i have to go to the library to post scores
Niall  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...um, haha.

randomk1d94, yes, I definitely had my Firefox allowing cookies. I just double-checked so. Then I noticed a button I had not paid any attention to - the "blocked sites" one. Out of curiosity, I checked there... and whaddayaknow, scorehero was there!

I don't know HOW I managed to get scorehero to the blocked cookie area, but gee, now it works...

I feel so STUPID now... aheh...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i hand deleted every cookie that had to do with scorehero and also every single cookie on my computer and i still cant log on. I tried making a new username (cuz i lost my mem card so im starting anew) and before i even tried the screen said invalid username. i guess i can never log on to scorehero from my computer ever again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7

Jump to: