ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Sticky frets

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scottyborderline  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:36 am    Post subject: Sticky frets Reply with quote

like, uber sticky, making me phail miserably

orange and green

help?

Check out my personal Guitar Hero Sponsor at URockhard.com!
Kegermann  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just came.

No seriously, maybe take apart the neck and clean the frets or wd40 them.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: MKegermann PSN Name: Kegermann
scottyborderline  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i apear to lack the proper screwdriver to take this stupid thing apart. im not a very technical guy. i like sports, not electronics

and other ideas?

Check out my personal Guitar Hero Sponsor at URockhard.com!
0wnd1zzl3d  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scottyborderline wrote:
i apear to lack the proper screwdriver to take this stupid thing apart. im not a very technical guy. i like sports, not electronics

and other ideas?

You don't need to know electronics. Its like 10 screws turned counter clockwise.

Proud Atheist - If you are an Atheist, put this in your sig. Let's see how many Atheists are on ScoreHero!
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 5:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

0wnd1zzl3d wrote:
scottyborderline wrote:

and other ideas?

You don't need to know electronics. Its like 10 screws turned counter clockwise.

dude that was totally uncalled for and apparently you have no idea what your talking so please next time make sure you know every little fact there is before u assume that you can flame someone because on the les pauls, the screws aren't for a flathead or philips screwdriver, i don't know the name of this screwdriver( or feel like looking it up) but the screws have a hexagon shape and most people that aren't serious tool users( as in they use a screwdriver, hammer or wrench every once in a while when they need them) don't own more than the 2 more common types of screwdrivers to the best of my knowledge.

anyways on to the topic
i too had this problem and if you own them, an alan wrench if it is the right size will turn the screw with a little force( i used plyers to to help turn it)

and then just put some as mentioned above WD40 or some other lubricant so the frets will slide better, hope this helps
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the LP has the same screws as the Kramer (which I believe it does), you need a Torque 10 (Tork 10? Torc 10?) screwdriver. Just ask someone at your local hardware store to point you in the right direction. It shouldn't cost you more than a couple bucks.

WD-40 is not the best thing to use for lube on plastic parts. What you want to do is wash the fret buttons and the button casings with soapy water and use lithium grease (also available at your local hardware store) to lube. Lithium grease = not for internal use
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
nickeroo2413  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kegermann wrote:
No seriously, maybe take apart the neck and clean the frets or wd40 them.

How come everyone suggest to WD40 them? WD40 just makes them more oily and sticky lol; he wants them dry. (I'd love it if mine were dry all the time too, like made of a better material, but they're not)

5* TTFAF
Top 50 MNiJ [53rd]
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everyone suggests WD 40 because WD 40 has a wonderful marketing department that has somehow convinced consumers that WD 40 is the only lubricant on the market. However, WD 40 is specifically designed to collect dust and impurities, which eventually creates gunky buildup, which is the very stuff that makes sticky frets. Short-term, WD 40 is fine. It is a wonderful lubricant on metals, but on plastics, you'll find yourself re-applying more frequently than you would like. The more you re-apply, the more gunky buildup you get. Lithium grease is specifically designed to lubricate plastics. It works wonderfully and doesn't create other problems that WD 40 will. People just don't know about it, because there isn't a huge Lithium grease producing corporation that markets there product for everything. It's pure capitalism baby!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: