Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Need an epic finale
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Finalizer  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:29 am    Post subject: Need an epic finale Reply with quote

First off, I'm not requesting a song for someone to chart, I'm requesting a song for me to chart.

Anyway, I've been working on this 'perfect burn'- a custom disc where all charts feature all difficulties & coop- for a few months now. However, what's been puzzling me is this- What song should I do for the 8th tier finale?

I've been looking around for something nicely Freebird-esque. A nice, somewhat long song (8-10 minutes, maybe a bit outside the boundaries), with a long-ass solo. I'd like to keep the difficulty reasonable (I.E. no Dragonforce ), something between Freebird & One preferably.

So far, I'm considering Highway Song by Blackfoot, but I can't find a complete tab for the song, so I may have to dump that one (Unless someone finally finishes a tab for it). I've also considered Under a Glass Moon by Dream Theater, which currently looks like the likely candidate for the encore. However, I'm not concrete on this decision, and I wanted to see if anyone else here has any ideas for a song that might work.

So, any suggestions?

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
punkmetalpimp677  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm a bit biased cuz they're my favorite band, but wouldn't Dream Theater be appropriate for that. Endless Sacrifice, Home, Lines In The Sand, or any number of others. On the disc I'm working on burning I'm using Home.
Protein
Sev

LISTEN TO THEM AND SPREAD THE WORD!

(Dream Theater is still the best band ever)
richjohnny  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say Iced Earth - Dante's Inferno. It sounds as difficult as Free Bird or maybe even tougher. And its 16 minutes long with Many sections so it is no doubt epic.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Big JAG 2004 PSN Name: BigJAG2004 Wii Friend Code: 2005404297973581 ICQ Number
xSergeantMINORx  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Allman Brothers Band - Rambling Man

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should check Symphony X - The Walls Of Babylon
Liljericho  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did this one which is pretty good

The Storm by Trivium
psuzeppelin5  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe Stairway (that's my free bird), if you don't think the solo is long enough, Achilles Last Stand is 10 minutes, and has a lot of solos. Even though it's a bit under time, Pink Floyd-Comfortably numb, nice long solo, it's kind of like free bird, slow, solo, slow, solo

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://youtube.com/watch?v=_JrVx3Jluqs
http://youtube.com/watch?v=vvT8rRz_afw

that would be so awesome if you charted that. I won't keep my hopes too high though.
Finalizer  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

punkmetalpimp677- I'll check some of those songs out. I haven't listened to too much Dream Theater, but I do like some of their songs.

richjohnny- I'll check it out. 16 minutes is a lot longer than I wanted, but if it fits, I'll see about it.

xSergeantMINORx- I'll check it out. Allman Brothers would probably be a good fit.

AlBelGim- I don't listen to much Symphony X, but I'll check the song out.

Liljericho- Another band I don't listen to very much, but I'll check it out.

psuzeppelin5- Heh, Stairway does seem a bit obvious, but the solo is too short & easy IMO. I've heard Achilles Last Stand before, didn't really think about it. And I'd have to listen to Comfortably Numb again to hear the solo, IIRC, it doesn't sound very difficult.

Willis13- I'll watch the vids to see.

To everyone, keep in mind that I have to be able to find tabs to do these charts. That, and I haven't heard some of these songs before . I'll give some more feedback after listening to some of these songs.

Oh snap son | Finalizer's Custom charts | Attention Internet: Before you use the word "Awesome", consider using this first.
psuzeppelin5  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's comfortably numb-it's the 4th one-unless you want to hear it live.http://www.projectplaylist.com/musicsearch?searchfor=comfortably+numb&search=search Now that I think about it (this is the edit), c.n. isn't that hard, but free bird isn't either.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I know the song, I have it, I just never really paid close enough attetion to the solo to notice how tough it might be.

Anyway, here's some thoughts on the individual songs-

Comfortably Numb- I don't think it's quite as tough as what I'm looking for. Solo does seem pretty fun, though. Definitely epic, just not *quite* as difficult as I'd like.

Achille's Last Stand- This might work, I'll think about it.

Dante's Inferno- Defintely long. Seems like it plays more in 'movements', like a couple of songs in one or something. Not quite what I'm looking for, but I might listen again a few times and think about it.

Ramblin' Man- Listened to it, turned out it was one of those 'songs-you've-heard-a-million-times-but-you-never-knew-the-freakin'-name-of-it' songs. It's a bit too easy for the final encore, but I might just chart it anyway since it seems like it'd be pretty fun. Definitely encore material, just not *final* encore. (For me, at least) Definitely in the right direction, though.

The Walls of Babylon- Shit man, this song sounds pretty hard! Also, I can't find a tab for it (It is from the newer album, after all), so no go anyway.

The Storm- Sounds a bit tough, but still within the boundaries. However, I can't find a tab, so sadly, it's a no-go...

(Still have to watch the videos from Willis13)

*Sigh* I really wish Rock Band hadn't taken Green Grass & High Tides, that would've been soooo perfect...

punkmetalpimp677  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you did dream theater stuff, a bunch of the charts are already around. i made one for endless sacrifice, theres one for home that works pretty well too.
Protein
Sev

LISTEN TO THEM AND SPREAD THE WORD!

(Dream Theater is still the best band ever)
ShiftBreaker  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Paradigm Shift - Liquid Tension Experiment?

It's long, it's quite difficult in places, and the band is pretty legendary(Basically the current Dream Theatre lineup)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good God Finalizer, you scared me. Your topic title made me think you were only gonna make 1 more custom. Whew.

Anyway:

Jimi Hendrix - Machine Gun
- I'm personally not a huge Hendrix fan, but this song would fit the bill quite nicely. Hard to top one of the last live recordings of a rock legend.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll keep looking through Dream Theater stuff, but the problem is that Petrucci is pretty much a shredding god, and I don't want something insanely difficult (Saving that for the bonus tracks... )

I saw another chart for Paradigm shift, it seems a bit crazy for what I want. I might look at some other LTE songs though.

Lawl @ Acra, there's no way I'm gonna be done charting any time soon. Anyway, I hadn't thought of Machine Gun. Might give that one a look then.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: