ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
We are "expressly prohibited" from using RB instruments
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drifter1717  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:21 am    Post subject: We are "expressly prohibited" from using RB instru Reply with quote

http://kotaku.com/5069596/use-of-rock-band-instruments-with-guitar-hero-expressly-prohibited

Wow, they should have a fun time enforcing this.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Drifter1717
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lawl.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
mackmcd  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

all it means is they're not technically supported. it's not as if they listed consequences if you did in fact use rock band equipment. sure, the wording sucks, but the point seems completely understandable to me. Who wants to answer support calls and questions regarding another company's merchandise? that's just silly.

http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73027
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iamnotblackass
Venim619  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why should it matter. It doesn't matter what instrument you use, it's how much ass you kick. If one controller happens to be better for ass kicking, you might want to use that one. If I was at Activision, I wouldn't worry about the strat, but the drums are more likely to be used. But seriously, what are they going to do if they find out I've been using RB drums? Refuse me service? That'll work. If they don't want me as a costumer, I'll gladly invest my money in a different rhythm game... Possibly one with more DLC....

Tl;dr: Get over it, Activision.
Sellagerg  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venim619 wrote:
Why should it matter. It doesn't matter what instrument you use, it's how much ass you kick. If one controller happens to be better for ass kicking, you might want to use that one. If I was at Activision, I wouldn't worry about the strat, but the drums are more likely to be used. But seriously, what are they going to do if they find out I've been using RB drums? Refuse me service? That'll work. If they don't want me as a costumer, I'll gladly invest my money in a different rhythm game... Possibly one with more DLC....

ok 1. and off topic: what does tl;dr mean? lol

and this whole thing is rediculous. guitar hero has officially gone down the drain in my book. i'm seriously contemplating taking world tour back and getting my money

GamerTag: GoCowboysSB08
always looking for a challenge and/or co-op
burningtoad  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, why did they make RB Drum charts?
A cool guy wrote:
"[R]eally clever ... Charted everything in the name of fun, but never too absurdly."

We had the only score!
mrnuzzlespleen  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sellagerg wrote:
Venim619 wrote:

and this whole thing is rediculous. guitar hero has officially gone down the drain in my book. i'm seriously contemplating taking world tour back and getting my money

Too Long; Didn't Read

"I asked this guy, 'Come on man, dinosaur fossils, what's the deal? He goes 'God put those here to test our faith'."
"I think God put you here to test MY faith, dude".
-Bill Hicks
Darkest  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sellagerg wrote:
Venim619 wrote:

1. Too long;didn't read:

2. And how does that make it go down the train? I mean EDITED THE CHARTS TO WORK FOR OTHER DRUMS! They obviously want you to be able to use them, they just said it "exclusively prohibited" because they have egos and want to say that they're stuff if better than HMX's.

I bet anything that Brian guy was the one who wrote that lol.

----------------
Now playing: Replacements, The - Alex Chilton
via FoxyTunes

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest, who gives a crap?
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkest wrote:

I bet anything that Brian guy was the one who wrote that lol.

I'm gonna have to agree with you on that one.

I love how he said for weeks that "GH:WT drums will slaughter RB 2 drums!" then they come out, and the cymbals don't even work correctly...

I mean seriously now Activision get better PR, it's bad enough to bad mouth your competitor for no reason. But to bad mouth them, and then not living up to your word, all you're doing is digging yourself into a hole with your fans.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
MSH-Hitman  

I think that it means that they don't support for the RB instruments and that anything that comes out from using them, say...Your game for some reason freezes or something weird happens because of it and you were not using their equipment, they aren't liable for anything.

That's just my guess though lol
JeremyRush  

There is one thing that kinda makes that fail. If they hate you using other instruments, then why do they have support for RB Drums?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think it says the same on GH3, on one of the intro screens or somewhere... and Kotaku likes to make a big deal out of everything that could negatively affect NS
Kyuukyuu  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JeremyRush wrote:
There is one thing that kinda makes that fail. If they hate you using other instruments, then why do they have support for RB Drums?

They don't... that is, assuming you mean technical support. Obviously they're going to let people use RB drums for the game, but they're not liable if something fucks up while you're doing so.
DonneurDeMort  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man if i wasnt to lazy to make a kotaku account i would throw down a comment saying that maybe they should have released working drums if they didnt want people using their rockband drums in the game
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Donneurdemort
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: