ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Updated Stats Images! Now supports up to 4 games!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deimos  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Updated Stats Images! Now supports up to 4 games! Reply with quote

The ScoreHero signature images have been updated with several enhancements. Support for new games has been added, as well as a new image style, and an "immediate update period" when you first purchase the upgrade.

First of all, the moment you've all been waiting for, support has been added for Guitar Hero 80s and Guitar Hero 3. These games can now be used in your signature image under style 1, 2, or the new style 4. Style 3, the current "two game" style, will still only support GH1 and GH2.

The new style, style 4, is a modular style of stat image. Big thanks to pata70 for creating the component images for this. By "modular", I mean that you can select any combination of games, and the image will be built out of the games you selected. People who have purchased the basic "dynamic status image" upgrade will be able to select up to two games for their sig image to be built out of. We have added further, cheaper sig image upgrades to the store that will increase the maximum number of games you may select. Currently, the image supports a maximum of 3 (though you can purchase up to 4 in the store), and this will be expanded in the future.

Finally, we have also added a "preview period" when you purchase a sig image upgrade in the store. By purchasing either the initial upgrade or expanding your maximum number of games, you will be given an hour during which any changes to your sig image (through the Profile page) will apply immediately. This means that you have an hour to experiment with the different styles and game combinations to decide how you want to set up your image's options. It will hopefully also remove the "hey, I bought the image upgrade, why doesn't it work?" threads that come up fairly often.

Enjoy, let me know about any bugs you notice, and thanks for your patience with waiting for support for the newest games.

UPDATE 1.1.2008: Support for 4 games is now available.
iiswhatiis6  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool...i might just have to give some money now...
Graf  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to thank Deimos for lending a big hand in helping to code support for the new (and not-so-new) games. This has been a long overdue update and while I have been overwhelmed with GH3 and now Rock Band lately I am thankful to be able to check this off the to-do list.

The first full-update on the new styles will begin in 90 minutes, so for those of you who have already upgraded feel free to change things up before then. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a question, even though you purchase 4 slots and it only allows 3, when will the 4 slot be available to show up?
DpOblivion  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I've been waiting for this, since I haven't had access to my GH2 scores since I signed up.

Last edited by DpOblivion on Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
DragoonKain  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will we have to re-buy a dynamic status image for Rock Band? Because I went to the store from the RBH home page accidentally and it had a purchase option for the dynamic status image, even tho I've already bought it on SH. The store still showed that I had bought an extra song submission, so do I have to buy 2 dynamic status images?

53964.png
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: DragoonKain07
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ice wrote:
Just a question, even though you purchase 4 slots and it only allows 3, when will the 4 slot be available to show up?

When we find a way to build the images in such a way that isn't too wide you will be able to select a 4th game. This might be built into style 4's images (using a 2x2 block arrangement, rather than 4x1 lengthwise), or it might be a new style altogether. I don't know exactly when, but I'll see if we can put something together soon so that no contribution points are "wasted" on a currently meaningless upgrade.

DragoonKain wrote:
Will we have to re-buy a dynamic status image for Rock Band? Because I went to the store from the RBH home page accidentally and it had a purchase option for the dynamic status image, even tho I've already bought it on SH. The store still showed that I had bought an extra song submission, so do I have to buy 2 dynamic status images?

I haven't even thought about sig images for RB yet. Right now that store page is universal across both domains showing all upgrades for your account overall.

I will be applying the same maximum score slots across both sites, and there will be new team slot upgrades added for RB (with a higher initial limit than GH). But I have no immediate plans for RB sig images quite yet and am unsure how those upgrades will be handled when the time comes.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I hope so , cuz I bought the 4 too . Thanks again guys for the great site and I love the new sigs.
smithal3  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

awesome, they look great!

Edit:

Since I bought my upgrade last night and I changed my profile this morning, I have to wait until tomorrow to see my new image?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you soooo much mods/admins! Now i can spend more contribution points!

Keep up the great work, you guys are doing amazing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent job JC and co. I know this can't be #1 on the priority list but its great to see this new update! Thanks again for all the greatness that this site is.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bloody good work sirs. Now I have an incentive to keep my scores more up to date.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
Maradis  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent. I've been looking forward to this.

Listed on Guitar Hero leaderboards as MarsJenkar.

COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesomeness. Thanks Deimos and everyone else, I'll be sig-ing the new GH3 stat image! Thanks guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: