ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Updated Stats Images! Now supports up to 4 games!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GuitarHailz wrote:

Actually, it makes a TON of sense to make the GH1 image black, and the GH2 image red, that way, the games will match their SG's. Who do you guys think?
That's a clever idea. I like it, and it does make a lot of sense. It would be nice to have all of the game images different colors, instead of having both GHI and GHII(PS2) red.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
Deimos  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the totally black/grey one looks a little too "grayscale" (because it is, I guess). Here's a concept I was playing with. The gradient is reversed, and more to the "black side" than the red, what do you think? I did this to the GH2-PS2 image, but it should probably actually be the GH1 image that gets done this way, since as Hailz said, it would match the SGs.

Placed beside the regular GH2 version for easy comparison, since if someone uses GH1 and GH2 in their sig they'll be put side-by-side like this.

ricecake  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:
I think the totally black/grey one looks a little too "grayscale" (because it is, I guess). Here's a concept I was playing with. The gradient is reversed, and more to the "black side" than the red, what do you think?

To be totally honest, in my personal opinion... I find GuitarHailz's black one to be more aesthetically pleasing. Of course, I mean no disrespect at all toward you or the hard work you do for this site!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:
I think the totally black/grey one looks a little too "grayscale" (because it is, I guess). Here's a concept I was playing with. The gradient is reversed, and more to the "black side" than the red, what do you think? I did this to the GH2-PS2 image, but it should probably actually be the GH1 image that gets done this way, since as Hailz said, it would match the SGs.

Placed beside the regular GH2 version for easy comparison, since if someone uses GH1 and GH2 in their sig they'll be put side-by-side like this.

To be honest I had the same idea at first, about just switching the gradients. I even tried it myself when I was playing around yesterday.

The sig by itself looks awesome, but the only problem is that when you put it next to the others it sticks out like a sore thumb because the gradient moves in the opposite direction. Its good to play around though and see what people like and what works.

If necessary we could even make a poll thread so people can vote on what sig image they would prefer, since after all it's the SH population who would be using it. *shrug*

Here is the black Guitar Hero 1 image I made today:

This is what a full sig would look like:

Thoughts? Opinions?

Thanks, Deimos, for your help.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
sentimentalgeek  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I really like the look of the black gradient one! That's fantastic, and I also like the idea of having the colors of the games match the colors of the SGs.

I'd actually thought about the reversed gradient idea too, but then I realized that it only really distinguishes them if they're next to each other. If you're the type of person who's only displaying one of them, it would still be hard to look at a glance and tell whether it's I or II, because the basic color scheme is the same.

Personally I think we might want to stay away from using the color blue until it's been determined what the Rock Band ones are going to look like, because the packaging for that game is VERY blue. I guess when more games come out we're inevitably going to run out of colors at some point so we're just postponing the inevitable, but for now, this is fun.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sentimentalgeek wrote:
Yeah, I really like the look of the black gradient one! That's fantastic, and I also like the idea of having the colors of the games match the colors of the SGs.

I'd actually thought about the reversed gradient idea too, but then I realized that it only really distinguishes them if they're next to each other. If you're the type of person who's only displaying one of them, it would still be hard to look at a glance and tell whether it's I or II, because the basic color scheme is the same.

Personally I think we might want to stay away from using the color blue until it's been determined what the Rock Band ones are going to look like, because the packaging for that game is VERY blue. I guess when more games come out we're inevitably going to run out of colors at some point so we're just postponing the inevitable, but for now, this is fun.

Ahhhh yeah, good point about the Rock Band thing. I just made the blue images for fun to see how they would look. Lets see what others think about the stuff me and Deimos made, and get some other opinions on the subject.

I'm going to be gone in Italy for the next 2 weeks roughly, so anyone feel free to pick apart what I've made or use it. You've got my permission now, since I won't be online for some time to give it later.

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
MetalMadness  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Black for GHI, Red for GHII matching their SG's - FTW!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:27 pm    Post subject: Black or Red gradients... Reply with quote

Honestly, IMO, I think the black/gray gradient or the reversed red/black gradient would look fine either way. The black one stands out more and would be more distinguishable, but then again, the reversed red is really obvious as well (even by itself). The reason I say this is because to me the "Guitar Hero" in the Guitar Hero vs Guitar Hero II images completely changes the way each sig image looks.

I would really like it if either Deimos or Hailz (or anyone for that matter) would take each of the 2 suggested ones and put some stats in the images and have the legit "Guitar Hero" wording on each example. I've seen the black one with the correct wording but no stats, and I've seen the reverse red with stats while still having the GHII wording. So personally, I would just like to see both with the correct wording and stats to see how they each would look in a final cut version.

Nice work people.

Alakaiser wrote:
They should be around some time between now and when they're up.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Black or Red gradients... Reply with quote

pk217doc wrote:
I would really like it if either Deimos or Hailz (or anyone for that matter) would take each of the 2 suggested ones and put some stats in the images and have the legit "Guitar Hero" wording on each example. I've seen the black one with the correct wording but no stats, and I've seen the reverse red with stats while still having the GHII wording. So personally, I would just like to see both with the correct wording and stats to see how they each would look in a final cut version.

Nice work people.

Here's hoping I didn't misunderstand somehow. Hope this works.

I used my stat image as an example, so enjoy looking at my mediocre points:

lol wut *Hailz realizes that she somehow has 6 Expert FCs and 1 Hard FC on GH2.. must update when she gets to America*

1KJ08mq.jpg

Last edited by GuitarHailz on Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Deimos  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ricecake wrote:
To be totally honest, in my personal opinion... I find GuitarHailz's black one to be more aesthetically pleasing. Of course, I mean no disrespect at all toward you or the hard work you do for this site!

Haha you don't have to be so gentle towards me, I'm not a delicate flower, and it's not like I spent a week carefully crafting that image. I just wanted to see if that was a possible option. From speaking to the other mods about it, I don't think mine is a particularly good option because of the reverse gradient. It makes it look as though the GH1 image is coming "out" of the page, and the others are going "in".

However, my main problem with the black GH1 image is just that it looks too... drab compared to the others. Especially imagine someone that only uses 1 game in their sig with just the GH1 one, it would be totally grayscale. I think I'd like at least some color in it somehow, possibly making the outline around "Guitar Hero" red.

I do definitely think it's a good idea to have them each an easily distinguishable color, and that black is probably the best candidate for GH1, but I just don't want to make the GH1 one appear inferior by being grayscale while the others all have nice colors.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deimos wrote:
ricecake wrote:

Haha you don't have to be so gentle towards me, I'm not a delicate flower, and it's not like I spent a week carefully crafting that image. I just wanted to see if that was a possible option. From speaking to the other mods about it, I don't think mine is a particularly good option because of the reverse gradient. It makes it look as though the GH1 image is coming "out" of the page, and the others are going "in".

However, my main problem with the black GH1 image is just that it looks too... drab compared to the others. Especially imagine someone that only uses 1 game in their sig with just the GH1 one, it would be totally grayscale. I think I'd like at least some color in it somehow, possibly making the outline around "Guitar Hero" red.

I do definitely think it's a good idea to have them each an easily distinguishable color, and that black is probably the best candidate for GH1, but I just don't want to make the GH1 one appear inferior by being grayscale while the others all have nice colors.

I understand where you're coming from, and if you'd like for me to experiment some more I will.

To be honest, I would be willing to bet that 90% of the people here won't see black as an inferior color. I mean, the people here listen to things like Dragonforce, Megadeth, Metallica, Black Sabbath, etc etc. If anything, black will be "teh shit!!" color to have. Thats just my opinion anyway.

I'll try the red outline idea. But I think anything "special" that we try to do to the GHI image will make it stick out, and then we'll have the opposite problem. You know? Hmm..

1KJ08mq.jpg
trixo  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

omg dude that looks really cool!! i really like how theres one for each game. nice job on that guys! keep up the good work on the site.

pata70  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH1: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2d/Guitarhero-cover.jpg
GH2: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/83/Guitar_Hero_II.jpg

My suggestion would be:
GH1: Black to Dark Red gradient
GH2: Dark Red to Light Red gradient

In other news, my Xbox 360 broke again.
pk217doc  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pata70 wrote:
GH1: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2d/Guitarhero-cover.jpg
GH2: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/83/Guitar_Hero_II.jpg

My suggestion would be:
GH1: Black to Dark Red gradient
GH2: Dark Red to Light Red gradient

In other news, my Xbox 360 broke again.

Here is something I tried to do real quick just to get an idea of how that might look on the GH1 portion of your comment. Couple of examples...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Alakaiser wrote:
pk217doc  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: One More... Reply with quote

Here is one more possibility.

I will also put these next to the other sig images in a lil bit.

Alakaiser wrote:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 4 of 10

Jump to: