ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
First song attempt (Freetar)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: First song attempt (Freetar) Reply with quote

Just to get a handhold on how this things works (and yes I'm sticking to figuring out Freetar for now,) I decided to try to do an easy difficulty version of Come Out and Play. Obviously you'll need to have the song yourself.

While it may not be a perfect sequencing job, does it actually work for anyone else? Any good?
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm...why does my host display it like it's a text file? I must have some odd browser setting.
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cause that's all the .sng format is, you can open it in notepad and it looks like that. People that download it just need to make sure the extension is .sng and it'll work fine.

I'll take a look at it later, I really like that song.
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't gotten any actual feedback on the Come Out and Play, but I decided to try another one. And not be a wuss and do easy difficulty. But my brain was exploding the whole time on what I thought would be a moderately simple, yet interesting song. Was much harder than I thought. However, I give to you...

Starseed by Our Lady Peace
Sargoth  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah thats a pretty nice job. ALltho I had a bad version of the song , so i had to synch it myself as it played along :P

Some chord changes are annoyingly complicated , and there was at least one BIG gap with no guitar at all. But all in all it looked very good.

Not the best song on the planet imho tho :P

But keep it up Mr. Green
Azuarc  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Two gaps, actually. Nothing I can do about that except maybe give you the bass part.

I realize a few of the fingerings are probably a real PITA. I can't play the song very effectively in the first place since I'm going off the keyboard, but I can imagine the hand-shifting and the grace notes would get annoying after a while. Suffice it to say, the same song on Hard difficulty would be watered down quite a bit.

But any other specific comments, before I go marching off to try something else? (I kinda liked the song choice, personally, just because it's something a little different, but I'm going to find a song by a band that doesn't start with the letter O next! Sorry Ozzy.)
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have any criticism yet, since I'm still in the process of finding the song, but I have a Freetar-related question for you Azuarc.

Does your Freetar game actually work? For some reason, my game crashes out on me every time I try to play a song.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works the first time, but I can't replay. I also need to use certain settings. Full-screen doesn't work, and I need to leave strum required on the controls. Can you at least launch the settings? (Do you have the Java stuff on your machine?)
Clovic  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay so holding off judgement for now, but I must say you've motivated me. I've been thinking, "Hey, I'll wait until I get the stuff to mod my PS2 before I do stuff." But instead I've been working all night on Mood for a Day by Yes. It's a relatively tricky song, but there's no vocals and it's only about 3 minutes long so I figured it'd be a good starter song.

My method is going through and putting a note on the first string everytime there is a chord or a single note or anything and just trying to get the timing for every note in the song and then I will go back through and figure out what the notes and chords should actually be. Is that how you did it? Got any tricks that made it easy for you?

Anyway, I am planning on filming myself since I can film my screen without a camera (I suppose something good comes from not using my tv and PS2) after I get it all done and play it, so far it's turning out rather good, but I'm only about a fifth of the way done. It's rather time consuming but very fun.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Azuarc wrote:
It works the first time, but I can't replay. I also need to use certain settings. Full-screen doesn't work, and I need to leave strum required on the controls. Can you at least launch the settings? (Do you have the Java stuff on your machine?)

I can get all the way to Launch Game, but when I click that, it totally crashes.

(Which sucks, because I need to test 63 Candles to see if it's even possible.)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: