SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Walkthrough: Playing GH3 PC with PS2 Guitar
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Robinlv  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see this topic is on PS2->PC.

Is it possible for PS3->PC using the Aerosmith guitar?
iwasaperson  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hurber wrote:
Does anyone know if this works on vista too?

yes, (i'm using home premium)

CAPS NEEDZ FIX!!!!!11!1!!1ONE!!!
But really, don't type in CAP LETTERZ!!!

I have a life and this proves it:
Check out my customs!

Check out this band... NOW!!!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: iwasaperson
Soadownz  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey im using joytokey but when i configure the strum buttons they wont work-it goes as the whammy instead,every other button works.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: X A Mac XS
aznv3t  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

Hey - sweet, thanks. I still need to get my adapter tho.

Quote:
Chuck Norris doesn't leave messages.
HE LEAVES WARNINGS.
gartenriese  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you either need a Kramer guitar or driver settings where you can change to analog mode, right?

Well, I have neither....

Anything I could do?

Oh, BTW, I'm talking about getting the whammy bar to work!
lordjrs  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This tutorial work with the "Rock Guitar II" PS2 Guitar? (The Rock Guitar II work with all GH Games).
ninmario4life  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey would someone help me getting my krammer to work?i have that dual box pro ps2 usb converter for my pc and the joytokey.i cant get the buttons going right and yes i have joytokey running before i start the game.
Quaschi  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we use 2 guitar both at the same time on pc with joytokey and with 2 converters ???
carp  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys, everything is working perfectly exept strum! i dont know why, but strum isnt working! can u help with that bit plz? i tried everything but still its not woorking!

im using PS3 guitar on PC!
EternalAbyssPwns  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carp wrote:
guys, everything is working perfectly exept strum! i dont know why, but strum isnt working! can u help with that bit plz? i tried everything but still its not woorking!

im using PS3 guitar on PC!

I'm having the same issue right now. The only diff is I'm using a ps2 SG.
vetio  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 6:41 pm    Post subject: BIG PROBLEM Reply with quote

Hello i have a different problem. I configure joy2key but in game when i try a hit a note with a grenn button guitar don.t respon.With other buttoin everything is ok. PLZ help
inuyasha555  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whammy answer!

Hold start and select and strum down on the guitar. This will make the strum bar the POV hat and the whammy bar the X axis. This also allows the use of analog sticks!
Marton  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump this old post up, but I had a strange thing happening. Just like MortuuS on page one, my whammy bar wasn't working, and I tried the start+select + strum down trick, but it didn't do anything so I thought my guitar didn't support that function (a Guitar Hero Wireless Guitar connected to my PC via a PS TO PC CONVERTER (PS2-USB adaptor)). So I took it apart, and added a leaf switch to the whammy bar, and soldered it to the select button. It works a dream. I then played for 15-20 mins and found out that the strum bar wasn't registering anymore but the fret buttons did, so I went to the control panel to see what happened and to my surprise, the strum bar was mapped to the POV hat and the whammy to the left analog square. :O
The thing is that I tried ALL the possible start+select combinations, and combinations with the whammy bar, and some with the fret buttons, none worked. And I would like to know how to change it because I'm sure that I will play a bit more and will get it bad again
Can anyone point me in the right direction with this? It will be REALLY appreciated!
Marton  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

See? I disconnected the USB and connected it back in, and now it is without whammy bar again
And I can't get it back!!!!
One thing I noticed is that when it was working, the LED next to the on-off switch was on all the time, and now it's off.
It blinks two or three times when I power it up, though.
This is sooooooooo frustrating! Please helpppppp!
Marton  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 05, 2010 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well... I've been doing some research and found out something really interesting
Looking at the guitar, I found its FCC ID, so I went to the FCC and did a search. Let me tell you that Mayflash did their homework when they manufactured the guitar.
Here is what I found:
https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas/reports/ViewExhibitReport.cfm?mode=Exhibits&RequestTimeout=500&calledFromFrame=N&application_id=926685&fcc_id=%27UKT95025-MF001%27
There is EVERYTHING about this guitar: Photos, Manual, Operational description, Tests, Block diagram and most important: THE SCHEMATICS! YAY!
So first I looked at the manual, to see if they mentioned anything about mode changes. Nope, nothing about it.
Then I looked at the schematics and to my surprise, I found that there were the Start, Select, and another button called "MODE".
Right there, I opened the guitar once again, and followed the Start and Select connections with my multimeter. I found them, and next to them, there was an empty solder pad which according to the schematics, it was the Mode button. Right there, I turned on the guitar, shorted the pad to ground and VOILĂ€!! The LED turned on! I went to the control panel and confirmed that the whammy bar was working like a charm
So I took my dremel, made a hole, and put a push button on the side. I soldered its terminals to Ground and to the Mode solder pad. I'm more than happy now.
I took some pictures in the process, so here we go with a little tutorial.

First, I took the dremel:

Then finished the hole for the push button:

Next, I placed the push button and soldered it to the Mode and Ground pads:

Here you have a better picture on where I soldered it:

Now the finished product:

And one with the box, so you have one more reference to recognize if you have the same guitar

So there it is, 100% functional on the PC for any guitar game!!!!
I'm pretty sure there's a button combination to get this mode change but as I stated before, I found it by casuality when playing and could not find it again. I know I could write an email to the manufacturer but you know, these chinese people is busy selling their products and most likely will not like to move to get support for one individual...

I hope this helps out someone else with the same guitar.

Cheers!!

Marton

P.S.: Just for reference, this is the previous mod I had on the guitar: the leaf switch, which was acting as the select button when pressing the whammy. Now it is gone foreva
It was working perfectly but I preferred the original analog whammy even if it's not supported by any PC game (today) ;)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

Jump to: