ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
XBox 360 and PS3 Title Update (12-15-07)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: XBox 360 and PS3 Title Update (12-15-07) Reply with quote

As most all of you owners of the PS3 and 360 are aware if you sign into your account you were prompted to download the latest title update a week or so back. Numerous fixes to online, as well as a new revamped Lag Calibration screen were added in , as well as the use of Hyperspeed Online and a few other small extra's.

Also for the PS3 the fix for the Dolby Digital lag went in and hopefully it has helped out alot of people in their quest to making rocking on those nice expensive screens and sound systems come to light.

I also would like if there are any pressing issues you find in the title update, or if there are any suggestions, praises or negative feed back please leave a detailed message on this post as we will be looking over each and every one to help better your enjoyment in playing a rocking game.

Guitar Hero® III: Legends of Rock Update Is Live For Xbox 360 Worldwide and PS3 North America!!

Neversoft and Activision/RedOctane have been working hard on a free update for Guitar Hero III, which is available now on the Xbox 360 Worldwide and PS3 North America! The PS3 European and Australian update has been submitted to Sony, and we will provide further updates as soon as they become available.

The update to Guitar Hero III game will include the following updates, and can be accessed by playing the game while connected to Xbox Live or Sony PSN.

* Improve Online Quick Match results and reduce "Failed to Connect to Server" messages.

* Introduce calibration screen improvements, helping users with high lag AV systems, and Playstation 3 users with Dolby Digital enabled.

* Add the Co-Op Quickplay mode for Playstation 3 users.

* Enable the Hyperspeed cheat to work in online games.

* Include various stability improvements and fixes.

Last edited by ChrisVance on Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
onelung  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alright sweet but when is 360 gunna get new dlc songs? its been forever, i mean the last song (halo mix) in late november its been a month, but rock band gets songs every fucking week. thats some bullshit
onelung  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind there out on the twentieth. i havnt played my xbox since the dec 3, but the 20th songs are coming out. my bad
ocdrum44  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol they just posted the news thingy

View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: ocdrum44 PSN Name: ocdrum44
ViPeR6  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why isnt the Wii getting patches? Can someone official please give some awnsers here, as this is very confusing and frustrating.

onelung wrote:
alright sweet but when is 360 gunna get new dlc songs? its been forever, i mean the last song (halo mix) in late november its been a month, but rock band gets songs every fucking week. thats some bullshit

Double posting = bad.

Complaning about DLC = worse, and in my mind, very offensive.

You're lucky to have DLC, dont bitch about it plz.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hyperspeed is almost pointless online, because the screen depth is in half online or in bossbattles. if u put it tp 4 which is what i use its impossible to c them coming. even 3 is way to hard.
also y is there no online coop still?

CAN BEAT TTFAF EVERYTIME [DONE]
meister  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before this update this never happened.

I was playing online with hyperspeed 1 and halfway through a song a flashing red bar appeared at the top and bottom of my fretboard and grew towards the end, it was making it very hard to focus on the notes. After I turned off hyperspeed but it did the same thing

dogfoodnyc wrote:
Wow, you guys got Meister?! I am expecting this group to hit the top
RB3 Bass FGFC! 1st x-plat
My RB Thread- | Renegades of Funk Accomplishment Thread|Twitter|My YouTube channel Please subscribe!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: MeisterSH PSN Name: justindeboer
gnrfan87  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea to make battle mode better. When you get hit with a lefty flip or amp overload or something that makes the visual screwed up but the chart stays the same the person's chart that is still normal should disappear for that person whose chart is messed up. I've played some people online and I would hit them with lefty flips in solos and they would hit it perfectly. I know they were looking at my normal one. If they couldn't see my chart it would make it better and would eliminate cheating.
kltznum1  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have FCed 6 songs on my ps3 since you guys gave us the update. now all i need is a guitar with a fully functioning blue and orange buttons and ill be set.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about the ability to make private sessions and invite friends? Sometimes a friend and I want to face off, but random people join the match instead before my friend joins. Making a private session based on invite only would fix this.

I'm on Ps3.
TGantz  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViPeR6 wrote:
Why isnt the Wii getting patches? Can someone official please give some awnsers here, as this is very confusing and frustrating.

onelung wrote:

Double posting = bad.

Complaning about DLC = worse, and in my mind, very offensive.

You're lucky to have DLC, dont bitch about it plz.

Dude, seriously, it seems like you look for "complainers" and half-ass flame them. Calm down, man!!! The way I see it, you are the complainer. I really see you in all these kinds of posts about updates, and other online features.

On topic, sorry, is there anyway the strumming can be fixed through some kind of update. I got screwed out of a 3's & 7's FC because my strums didnt register. And it is a constant annoyance.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hyperspeed online is a great addition but it's hard to play when the fretboard is still half the size
lassise  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 5:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should make a video option on pro-face off on 360 to see or not see your opponents fret board. i find it so much harder to play with it on hyperspeed online becuase the screen is so small. at the same time, its really hard to play without hyperspeed on in pfo. i'd like if your fretboard was regular sized and theirs was minimized at the top so you can still watch them, look at tehir multiplier/sp/ns/score etc, without compromising your fretboard. I can do without the background animations, anybody else agree?

side note: new dlc today?
edit: no new dlc today, unless the foo and velvet are free now

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The multiple glaring bugs in online co-op seem to have still been ignored. The most major one is how you are not given credit for collecting two SP phrases if both players have SP phrases that end at the same time. You only receive the SP for one phrase instead of both.

Because of this bug, it is impossible to play online co-op on a competitive level against teams playing local co-op. It cheats you out of potentially multiple activations on certain songs, co-op scores from online teams can't even compare in these cases.
balla18  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i have GH3 for the PS3 and the main problems i have had are with the guitar, i have played game on PS2 and Xbox 360 and did way better on the songs. so i looked at my guitar for problems and noticed the strum bar wouldn't register all the time and the frets wouldn't register all the time when i pressed them in or they would flicker from pressed to not just wondering what is up because i have e-mailed the support people but they never replied sorry for the long message
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: