ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Season 7 Playoffs Info (PLEASE READ)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Barfo  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Season 7 Playoffs Info (PLEASE READ) Reply with quote

Okay since this is the last week of the regular season for Season 7, there are a few important notes to make about the playoffs that you will want to know.

Playoffs are going to be roughly half of the active participants of the league in the last week based on regualr season points. You are not required to have submitted for each week to qualify, but obviously you have a better chance if you did. However, in order to qualify you must submit week 4 scores (otherwise we assume that you have dropped out of the league/division). If you have special circumstances that will prevent you form being able to submit week 4 scores, but still wish to be eligible for playoffs if your three weeks of scores wualifies you, please let the relevant commisioner know of these by PM sometime before monday (when the brackets will be finalized and posted). If you are unsure of your commish then AAA = Barfo; AA = rabies; A = elx; OB = elx; B = Barfo.

Also, because of the christmas holiday, there will be a one week hiatus before the playoff start. So the results for week 4 will go up as usual on Sunday the 23rd, and the tentative playoff brackets will be posted on Monday the 24th, but the playoffs will not actualyl start until the followign Saturday (the 29th) with the first round songs getting posted that evening some time. First round will be due on wed the 2nd of Jan as would be normal for a round starting on a saturday.
MPChedda  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot for the one week hiatus. I think it goes without saying for most of us that we wouldn't have had that much time, so it's much appreciated.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So when u say "active players", does that only count the people who entered scores for week 4, or just players who have submitted scores for at least one week?

Also, is GHEvents up yet for submitted my scores for OB?
[] 450K on TTFAF
[] 5-star TWIE, NFMH, and TTFAF
[X] 19 MILLION PTS!!! YAY!!
RB Goals:
[] Beat Panic Attack (damn solo...)
[X] Break Top 100 on a song (TTWH: 99th (G-XP))
[] Learn how to play drums, lol

Funny Facts
ViPeR6  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gonna be a pretty small playoffs when noone can submit scores...get GHevents running for this week!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesusgoestoraves wrote:
So when u say "active players", does that only count the people who entered scores for week 4, or just players who have submitted scores for at least one week?

Active means that you submitted scores for week 4, or if there's a good reason why you can't submit scores for week 4 and contact the respective league manager about it.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
T-Pain  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alrighty then=]
and thanks for the one week haitus im quite busy this week
linkoftime123  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thinks for that Barfo now I won't have to worry as much with going to Florida all I need is on the 29th to find a computer.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesusgoestoraves wrote:

There had been an error in setting up the round that was preventing anybody fro being able to use it. This has been fixed, and it should be good to go.

Also bonus answer: active players is people who submitted for week 4, yes. basically roughly half of playoff-eligible people, though in some cases there are liberties up to get to a number of participants that we like (12 or 24 and variations aroudn those are the favourites). For example, usually in AAA-1 there are so many drop outs by the last week that i end up taking 75% or more of active people just to get 10 or 12 names.

Yep busy-ness (for both players AND commishes) is exactly why we have the hiatus.
Morphumax  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: I am such an idiot, this is the wrong thread by about 1000 miles

Last edited by Morphumax on Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
StOrM1060  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good news, but the first round still interferes with my vacation, I won't get back until the 5th, but I think I pull it off, and play on the cruise, even though I don't want to

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: StOrM1060
Christoph  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So do we have to PM our leagues head guy to let them know we want in the tournament even if we are in the top 12? Seeing as how we have 3 Alts. That's what is confusing me. Pardon the nub question, this is my first league.
elx  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christoph wrote:
So do we have to PM our leagues head guy to let them know we want in the tournament even if we are in the top 12? Seeing as how we have 3 Alts. That's what is confusing me. Pardon the nub question, this is my first league.

You only need to let us know you are participating if you did NOT submit for week 4.
Mintrude  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A quick question about B League playoffs:

We have 14 qualifiers. The top 4 are given a bye for the first round, therefore we have 10 players in round 1. Moving on to round 2, five players eliminated plus the entry of the top 4 leaves us with 9 players. Won't this be problematic?

Complete GHII Expert before GHIII (DONE!)
Get 80s Eyeball(36/40)
Get the log (too far off to mention)
Christoph  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elx wrote:
You only need to let us know you are participating if you did NOT submit for week 4.

Roger that. Thank you sir.
batsmak  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mintrude wrote:
A quick question about B League playoffs:

We have 14 qualifiers. The top 4 are given a bye for the first round, therefore we have 10 players in round 1. Moving on to round 2, five players eliminated plus the entry of the top 4 leaves us with 9 players. Won't this be problematic?

Form my past league experiences, it would be 4 with a bye, and 8 in round one, for 12 total. The rest are alternates, and will take the spot of somebody who does not submit a round 1 score, if the alternate does.

EDIT: after seeing what you are talking about (14 qualifiers, 2 alternates), I don't know...
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: