Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
[TUT] Guitar Hero III: PC - BLANK BACKGROUND
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Zeruth  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:40 am    Post subject: [TUT] Guitar Hero III: PC - BLANK BACKGROUND Reply with quote

Ok, i found this on the internet a while ago, cant find it anymore, but i thought it would be worth it to spread the word for those of us, who dont have the best graphics card - here goes

For those who are skeptical in the actual use of this look at the screenies below, i had the fps included in the shot

WARNINGS:
1. This requires you to rename and replace Guitar Hero III files, and as so, i accept no responsibillity for "the ruining" of your game

THE PROCEDURE:
This works for any stage, but in this tutorial, i am going to show you how to replace the practice stage with a blank one

1. go to your GHIII folder (default C:\Program Files\Aspyr\Guitar Hero III)
2. go to the DATA\ZONES\ directory
3. BACKUP z_soundcheck.pak.xen to somewhere safe (CUT)
4. copy z_viewer.pak.xen to somewhere else
5. rename the copied z_viewer.pak.xen to z_soundcheck.pak.xen
6. move the NEW z_soundcheck.pak.xen to the DATA\ZONES\ folder
and ur done

NOW TEST IT
for this, we only did the practice stage SO.......
1. open up GHIII
2. go to training -> practice
3. choose a song and play

NOTE: the little yellow number is the framerate (for those of you who dont know...)

This is before

And This is after

Last edited by Zeruth on Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:06 am; edited 1 time in total
freeqaz  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice black background tutorial.
Owning a business is hard work. If you need any tech advise, you can reach me at contact@nsgeek.net or check us out on the web at http://nsgeek.net . We specialize in Web Design and Computer Repair. Aloha!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
DamageInc  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ouch 6 frames..
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: Solidious Fox
Zeruth  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i really think they shouldve added more options for graphics, my gfx card only has 256m, but still, i think i should be able to play GH III at full speed when i can play Fable at 1024 x 768 at max settings with no problem

Quote:
ouch 6 frames...

tell me about it...
MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All that's left is getting rid of the card check it does at the begining. I want to play it on my laptop but I got an intel X3100 (which is way better than some other cards this game works on) but it doesnt even start. It gives me a message that it doesn't support my video card.
freeqaz  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaXKilleR wrote:
All that's left is getting rid of the card check it does at the begining. I want to play it on my laptop but I got an intel X3100 (which is way better than some other cards this game works on) but it doesnt even start. It gives me a message that it doesn't support my video card.

Damn man. We gotta work on that next. After we nail these customs...
Owning a business is hard work. If you need any tech advise, you can reach me at contact@nsgeek.net or check us out on the web at http://nsgeek.net . We specialize in Web Design and Computer Repair. Aloha!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Zeruth  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im gonna try to make tis post so that it isnt against the rules, but here goes

There definately isnt a way to start this cd without the disc *cough cough*
and they definately dont work for me *cough cough*
they dont remove checks *cough cough*

and another thing, its about as easy to remove that check as making a no-cd crack, actually, its just like a no-cd crack, only i guess it would be called a no-gfx crack but oh well
MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zeruth wrote:

and another thing, its about as easy to remove that check as making a no-cd crack, actually, its just like a no-cd crack, only i guess it would be called a no-gfx crack but oh well

I own the game and I'm using the no-cd crack too. It's not illegal if you own the game. I just don't want the disk to be in the tray (even if I have 3), thats how disks get scratched in the first place.

anywho the crack doesnt remove the graphics check but you are probably right about it being as easy as that. I'll take a lot at it as soon as I can.
freeqaz  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaXKilleR wrote:
Zeruth wrote:

I own the game and I'm using the no-cd crack too. It's not illegal if you own the game. I just don't want the disk to be in the tray (even if I have 3), thats how disks get scratched in the first place.

anywho the crack doesnt remove the graphics check but you are probably right about being as easy as that. I'll take a lot at it as soon as I can.

I was wondering 1 thing.

I have the no-cd crack as well and I installed the 1.1 patch. So am I running the 1.1 or 1.0 version?

EDIT: Yeah when I load it it says 1.0. Can I get a 1.1 no-cd crack?
Zeruth  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

since u own the game, gamecopyworld.com is the place to go....

note: backup the original executable for future updates
MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torrents is my home town. I found it there a day (or so) after the update was released.
Waffler  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a program on the net which can emulate a graphics card but doesn't act like it. It should pass the graphics card test
MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Waffler wrote:
There is a program on the net which can emulate a graphics card but doesn't act like it. It should pass the graphics card test

I looked for it but came out empty. If you have a name please post it. Thanks.

Edit: Nvm, 3D ANALYZE it is.
MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Game crashed when I disabled the msg in the gh3.exe so i guess it was there for a reason.

I managed to get it working with 3d-analyze and I'll post a tut soon, but I'm getting 17fps which is not playable in. Your tut doesn't work (I guess they fixed that in v1.0) so now I'm trying to find a way to get the background black. The options in 3d-analyze mess-up the notes too so its not an option.
freeqaz  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaXKilleR wrote:
Game crashed when I disabled the msg in the gh3.exe so i guess it was there for a reason.

I managed to get it working with 3d-analyze and I'll post a tut soon, but I'm getting 17fps which is not playable in. Your tut doesn't work (I guess they fixed that in v1.0) so now I'm trying to find a way to get the background black. The options in 3d-analyze mess-up the notes too so its not an option.

Just use 1.0 on your lappy. Not 1.1. Till' you can find a Black Hack for 1.1.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: