SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Chart<-->Mid Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SixStringedBass  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leff wrote:
God I can't seem to get this! I thought I had it working with a suggestion from bodom's link, and I got really excited, but I was wrong. I've been looking into ByteArray/DataOutputStreams, but the thing is that it needs to be a Double value (I was using ints, lost too much precision), so I can't quite use your code, SixStringedBass, and it also has to be a byte array of size 3, since you can only pass 3 bytes to create a tempo event, and the toByteArray() method just returns as many bytes as it needs. Maybe I'm just missing a simple adjustment to your code, SSB, but I'm still stumped.

Oh, and the resolution thing is fine, just had to multiply the .chart time-stamps by 2.5 actually. I was surprised that actually worked so simply, but hey, jackpot.

The code that I posted returns four bytes but I had left shifted eight bits so that the first three were the correct ones for input. As far as the resolution goes, if you take a look at a mid exported from GHex that was a chart you'll notice kata doesn't change the resolution. He merely indicates that the chart has a resolution of 192. A hell of a lot simpler if you ask me and less of a chance to screw up the code.

On a side note, one thing that I noticed when doing this was that the chart resampler that you made forever ago really was never needed. The latest version of dB supports alternate resolutions, you just needed to manually change it. But that's in the past. Good job on this. Just wish you would release source for it but I'm sure you have good reason if you don't want to.
Sirko  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This works great, no problems so far.
Leff  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess I could've just left it at a 192 resolution, but it really wasn't hard to convert it. I already had a method to parse the tick from the line, so it was just a matter of mutiplying it by (480.0 / chartResolution), and I figured I would follow GH specifications as closely as I could, not that the resolution is that big a deal.

And yes, the Chart Scaler was supremely unnecessary, lol. I made that before I had any knowledge about resolutions or midi ticks or anything of the sort. Someone stumbled on the 2.5 scaler and I just went to town on it.

You can have the source code on one condition and one condition only - you don't laugh at me, lol. I'm a beginning programmer, and I crammed all the code into the one GUI class. It's pretty well commented, at least. But yea, it's kinda one of those "I haven't seen anyone else's so I think mine is somehow sub-par" things, it's just real sloppy and there are probably 101 ways to make it better. But I mean, it works, and that's what matters, right?

Just skip past all the GUI Generation code (courtesy of NetBeans IDE). First thing of interest is the method convertChart, so just go from there.

Source Code

Last edited by Leff on Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
MaXKilleR  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a long time Java programmer I can advice you on one thing; Comment as much as you can. You did a great job with programming this and its ok that it is all in one class because it's only one operation (chart to midi). Your code is not messy but it could always use more comments.

I haven't tested it much but since you consider it complete I trust that it works just as well as ghex.

Congrats, and I hope to see more of your programs soon!
Gorby  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work, now it will be even easier to make custom gh2 discs for the 360

Tried to DL that source to take a look at it for fun, but the link doesn't work.
Leff  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gorby wrote:
Great work, now it will be even easier to make custom gh2 discs for the 360

Tried to DL that source to take a look at it for fun, but the link doesn't work.

Sorry bout that, tried to bypass all of savefile's crap with a direct link to the download, guess that doesn't work. Link should work now.

Thanks for the feedback, MaXKilleR.

bainzy  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just wanted to say a massive thank you for this program, the 360 scene seems pretty dead compaired to the ps2 scene.

Iv tested this program with a number of charts and its converted them all perfectly.

Now all we need is a program to be able to change song names and it will be just about perfect.

Chris
Benzakou  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't work,
I have the same problem.
Example :

The "time" between 2 green wasn't empty = is like we have to hold the button but in the original chart no!

Sorry for my very bad english.

And because off my very bad english i can't understand your explanations. :'(

Thanks for the program and your work
Hdfisise  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find the .mid produced with this program won't work on gh3. I guess I'll have to get my original guitar hero disc back to use Ghex
Leff  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benzakou wrote:
Doesn't work,
I have the same problem.
Example :

The "time" between 2 green wasn't empty = is like we have to hold the button but in the original chart no!

Sorry for my very bad english.

And because off my very bad english i can't understand your explanations. :'(

Thanks for the program and your work

And because of your bad english I can't understand your problem. Which chart isn't correct? I downloaded your pack of charts, so just tell me which one has a problem and I'll look at it.

TheOmniSuave  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm...I've produced two mid's from this program for GH3 on PC and it's worked flawlessly.

Great work!
Yogo  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheOmniSuave wrote:
Hm...I've produced two mid's from this program for GH3 on PC and it's worked flawlessly.

Great work!

Flawless in as "it converted them and I was able to load them"?

The program works, and it is a great tool, but it seems that it favors extremely long notes when it converts. I took a .chart file with Beach Boys (Fun, Fun, Fun) which includes many 1 hit nodes. Chart2Mid made all those to chords, and in some instances, 1 mega long chord with additional nodes on the side! All at the same time.

Leff, is there anyway to fix that?
TheOmniSuave  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've only done two of them, and they've both been perfectly synced up with the song.
Leff  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yogo wrote:
TheOmniSuave wrote:

Great work!

Flawless in as "it converted them and I was able to load them"?

The program works, and it is a great tool, but it seems that it favors extremely long notes when it converts. I took a .chart file with Beach Boys (Fun, Fun, Fun) which includes many 1 hit nodes. Chart2Mid made all those to chords, and in some instances, 1 mega long chord with additional nodes on the side! All at the same time.

Leff, is there anyway to fix that?

I don't know what you're talking about, I got that chart (from TeflonTuxedo) and the generated .mid file looks identical to the orginal chart in GHex.

If you're talking about FeedBack, that's an issue with dB's mid support. It really only works flawlessly with the official GH mids. Look to GHex for conversion confirmation, FeedBack will not display them as they will appear in-game.

Benzakou  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok , sorry .

I'll explain with image.

This is the chart before convertion.

And This is the mid (after conversion):

You'll see the problem. This is the FAINT-EMX chart

Thanks

Last edited by Benzakou on Sun Dec 30, 2007 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 3 of 21

Jump to: