Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Chart<-->Mid Converter
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlazeDGO  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A have a weird problem. I use Vista, and the converter works fine, it's just that the .mid file doesn't show up anywhere. Neither does the .chart file. It never did. It only shows up when I load a chart in Feedback (the .mid file also shows up). So I know the files are there, I just can't move them to different folders.
Myjniak  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi!
I've got a problem. chart2mid2chart works nice, when I convert mid to chart but when I want chart to mid, there is:
"Error converting, send chart to Leff!"
Please, help me!
punkforlife93  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, it always says that the main startup class cannot be found, and I have no idea what that means...?
ajanata  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the bump, but I have a "bug" report.

When the Rock Band mode is selected, instead of just adding PART DRUMS, could you make it use the proper note for OD? It's still using 103, which is the expert solo marker in Rock Band. It should be using 116, which is OD on every difficulty.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:26 am    Post subject: Damn chart converter! Reply with quote

Does anyone know anything about the 64bit users?
Johnesty  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Damn chart converter! Reply with quote

Blackrose2015 wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the 64bit users?
I'm also a 64bit user. But for making custom songs 90% of the programs you need will not work. Chart converter included.
Try to use another computer. On XP everything works great. Afterwards you will have to copy the DATA file onto the 64bit system(in the GH folder) That works fine.

Myjniak wrote:
Hi!
I've got a problem. chart2mid2chart works nice, when I convert mid to chart but when I want chart to mid, there is:
"Error converting, send chart to Leff!"
Please, help me!
Try to convert chart to mid on another computer. I don't think there's a way to get rid of that error.
And if you download the FoF* version of a song the mid file is already included.
*Frets on Fire

BlazeDGO wrote:
A have a weird problem. I use Vista, and the converter works fine, it's just that the .mid file doesn't show up anywhere. Neither does the .chart file. It never did. It only shows up when I load a chart in Feedback (the .mid file also shows up). So I know the files are there, I just can't move them to different folders.
If you can load a chart/mid file in Feedback the chart/mid file will be in the 'Song' folder of Feedback.

tkmushroomer wrote:
Please help me i have Vista
When i use songlist editor and try load Guitar track system say:Unhandled exeption!see command window for details

My e-mail:MORELAN@seznam.cz
songlist editor does not work on all versions of Vista. Try using another computer and at the end transport the DATA file to your Vista.
(or If you're using version 022 it will not open all mp3, wav or ogg files. High quality mp3's with VBR will give you that error. Version 032 can open all mp3, wav and ogg files.)

HairyBallz wrote:
Leff wrote:

VISTA USERS: If you get the "Cannot find main class" error but you've done everything right and have tried running the program as the administrator... well you're screwed, Vista blows balls.

So What Do I Do?
try a computer with a version of windows other than vista
iancan5  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:02 am    Post subject: can someone help me Reply with quote

im missing the jar file for my chart2mid2chart can someone plz help wherever i download it i still dont have the jar file plz help
rpanties  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

edit: nevermind, solved.
qwertymodo  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Some thoughts Reply with quote

First off, yes, I know this is not being actively developed, so don't jump on me. With the launch of the Rock Band Network site, we now have access to the official RB specs, which makes RB charting so much easier. After working through the RB spec, there are a few things that I have noticed about this app which could use some improvement, or at least by posting these things, it might help people make these changes themselves manually after converting (so I am posting in the hopes that even if the app doesn't get updated, at least the info might be useful). Some of these have been mentioned before, but I will just list them all.

This is specifically for converting from a .chart to a RB .mid

First off, not all of the required tracks are created, and they aren't in the correct order (order doesn't really matter unless you start using the official RBN Template for Reaper, in which case they do need to be in the right order to import correctly). Here are all of the tracks that should be created, in order:
PART_DRUMS
PART_BASS
PART_GUITAR
PART_VOCALS
EVENTS
VENUE
BEAT

Rock Band has no PART_GUITAR_COOP track

There are no face-off sections in RB, so MIDI notes 69, 70, 81, 82, 93, 94, 105, and 106 are not used at all

Section markers don't work in RB (at least, they give errors in Magma, saying the section name isn't valid, I don't know why...), so I don't know if there's any reason to put them in the MIDI

Verse and chorus markers should go to the VENUE track, not EVENTS

Currently, solo_on and solo_off text events in charts are ignored, these should be translated to note on and note off for MIDI note 103 on PART_GUITAR

Star Power should be converted to RB overdrive, which is MIDI note 116 (same for all tracks)

Also, as a cool extra, you could very easily add in basic animations for the guitar/bass/drums just by duplicating certain notes

PART_GUITAR/PART_BASS:
Copy all instances of the following MIDI notes
96->40
97->42
98->44
99->46
100->48

PART_DRUMS:
Copy all instances of the following MIDI notes
96->24
97->27
98->30
99->46
100->36

Thanks for this awesome app, it makes custom charting so much easier, since it allows you to use dB for RB charting

...and PS I'm running it just fine on Windows 7 x64 (the exe version), so 64-bit is a yes
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: qwertymodo Wii Friend Code: 0745346390013422
khfreek  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

erikj9 wrote:
I think I have a unique problem. I am on Vista, and I downloaded the .jar file first, i extracted and everything. When I tried to open the program, nothing happens. I downloaded the .exe file to see if it would do different, and when I open I get a big splash screen with "Guitar Hero" on it, and it says "Please Wait..." on the taskbar. After this is over, again nothing happens. Am i doing something wrong, or is it my machine? (thinking my machine, vista sucks!)
edit: sorry if this has been posted in an earlier page, I am sorry that I am honestly too lazy to take 5 minutes of my time to look.

getting the exact same problem, any help?
GuardianDemon  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right click on the executable then click properties. click the compatibility tab, and change the settings to XP (probably says XP SP2). tHEN APPLY . Then close the window and run the program like normal. that should do it.
khfreek  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

already tried that, I get the same result with every OS compatibility
Boomin97  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot2004 wrote:
Nice work, I've tried this on one of my charts but it didn't do an offset. Maybe there should be an offset option on the application?

Also, I opened it up successfully in FeedBack, but all my notes all hold notes and it looks very strange. (Here is my chart if you want to know for reference http://www.savefile.com/files/1283775) I haven't tried to load this in GH3, but I will try tomorrow.
how do you download from "Savefile"???
raphaelgoulart  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:34 pm    Post subject: Forced HO/PO's and forced strums are ignored! What can I do? Reply with quote

I have made a chart which have forced ho/po's and strumming("*" track events), but the converter ignore them. What can I do now? Forced ho/po's and strums are just awesome and realistic :P
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Forced HO/PO's and forced strums are ignored! What can I Reply with quote

raphaelgoulart wrote:
I have made a chart which have forced ho/po's and strumming("*" track events), but the converter ignore them. What can I do now? Forced ho/po's and strums are just awesome and realistic :P

forced HOPOs/strums dont work on a MIDI file. sorry, but you're gonna have to reverse it and reconvert =/

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: