ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Evolution
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mac081793  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GAH!!

SCIENCE + Religion= WTF?!
soundgarden  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a Christian. I believe that somehow God created the world, whether in a week or in periods represented by days I don't know (SHIT! I did NOT mean to basically quote Mike Huckabee there!) because I haven't researched scientific evidence for either side enough. The Big Bang, with my very limited knowledge, makes sense to me and "what caused the Big Bang?" is one of the reasons I think the existence of a higher power is highly probable.

JOIN THE SH FACEBOOK GROUP

Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would considering myself an Athiest, but at the same time i'm not convinced of Evolution.

I have read the bible, i have read the book of mormon, i have dabbled in a few others.

Blind faith makes 100% no sense to me. The bibles is just as rediculous as scientology to me ( no offense, my opinion nobody elses )

Seems like i could write a book full of ridiculous events bury it and eventually somebody would find it and make a religion.... now that is obviously half joking, but i'm somewhat serious.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the main thing bugging me about the story of Creationism and if anyone can find an answer, please share

Creation: God created the heavens and the earth. Then God created man in his own image. Eve was created from Adam's rib so eh would have companionship. Adam and Eve had 2 sons, Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel and runs away from God. The bible never mentions any other children or people created by God. Then this line appears and I quote:
Quote:
Genesis 4:17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch.
WTF? Where did Cain's wife come from?

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
crunchydedpirate  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to pull the ol' "eye/Optic nerve" card here; both are separate organs and neither work without the other, but both have developed and work together.
One other thing, I'm not sure, but a species that has evolved even a little will probably most likely not be able to breed with it's less evolved self, so that does limit reproduction of an evolving species. Just my thoughts

tornintwo wrote:
This is the main thing bugging me about the story of Creationism and if anyone can find an answer, please share

Creation: God created the heavens and the earth. Then God created man in his own image. Eve was created from Adam's rib so eh would have companionship. Adam and Eve had 2 sons, Cain and Abel. Cain killed Abel and runs away from God. The bible never mentions any other children or people created by God. Then this line appears and I quote:
Quote:
Genesis 4:17 Cain made love to his wife, and she became pregnant and gave birth to Enoch.
WTF? Where did Cain's wife come from?

To answer this, go back a bit and read that on the 6th day God created man, 7th he rested then he made Adam then Eve. They are the "line of David" or Jesus' great great.... grandparents. If you note the cities of sodom and Gomorah where already populated and sining was rampant by the time Cain was cast out of Eden.
Squabman  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt wrote:
I am a creationist (yes I believe the Earth is only roughly 6,000 years old), and I think that at the moment, neither side can produce more "hard" evidence than the other. Even fossils are misleading, as the method of carbon dating turns out to suck for things over a thousand years old.

My question to evolutionists, is if we are a result of billions of years of random mutations, then why do we have external symmetry, along with everything else in the animal kingdom? Why do flowers have radial symmetry?

There sure is a shit ton of order in a world that is supposedly the result of randomness.

I am very confused by this argument.. randomness? Where is the randomness? Evolution is a process of adaptation for survival. We don't randomly evolve a 3rd leg so we have to walk like a retard.. Those who evolve a 3rd leg get eaten by a bear or a goat or something stupid like that because they can't get away. Those who evolved with 2 legs run away and live another day. It's not a result of random mutations, its a result of the most logical mutations being the one that lead to survival. Things that are mutated to not follow the order that makes for the best survival just don't survive.'

PS - I don't think any of us have the real answer of how all this shit got started.. so I am just confused in general.
Weenerskank  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if "Evolution" is real then i have one simple question.

Why dont monkeys turn into humans now?
They are born as monkeys, and they die as monkeys

Want to know why?

BECAUSE EVOLUTION ISNT TRUE.

Visit GuitarHailz's Art Gallery!
Located at- http://aggiepuff.deviantart.com/
Kiyrugoji  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weenerskank wrote:

Want to know why?

Evolution doesn't happen instantly. Learn to wikipedia, please.

EDIT: It tickles me when people finally realize that I'm a Christian.

EDIT2: This isn't going to end well, is it? Ah well, I can hope it does.

EDIT3: Because I love losing debates:

Matt wrote:
I am a creationist (yes I believe the Earth is only roughly 6,000 years old), and I think that at the moment, neither side can produce more "hard" evidence than the other. Even fossils are misleading, as the method of carbon dating turns out to suck for things over a thousand years old.

Pardon my asking, but could you provide a source for this? And even if you don't, it still doesn't explain certain things we can see in space that are millions of lightyears away.

Matt wrote:
My question to evolutionists, is if we are a result of billions of years of random mutations, then why do we have external symmetry, along with everything else in the animal kingdom? Why do flowers have radial symmetry?

Random mutations... is an interesting way to put it. We mutate in a way to aid us. So if it would be helpful to us to have hands growing out of our arses, we would mutate in that direction, instead of fingers out of our nostrils.

Matt wrote:
There sure is a shit ton of order in a world that is supposedly the result of randomness.

Then again, if God did make everything, and we're not evolving, Then we may have some problems...

EDIT4: DreamAddict, I love you.

EDIT5: Damn, the link I posted was not... respectful. Please pardon what he says - I agree him, although not how he says it.

Especially in RB, knuckle heads grab a guitar and think they are Hendrix and starts mashing the frets. Next thing you know someone has inadvertently navigated you to the the RB store and just wasted $2 on some Jimmy Buffet song about a cheeseburger in a volcano.

Last edited by Kiyrugoji on Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:25 am; edited 2 times in total
FlimFlam  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weenerskank wrote:

Want to know why?

Because they're doing just fine as monkeys. Why don't humans grow wings? We don't need them, that's why.

\m/
dreamaddict  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yay! Time for me to weigh in on a fun, controversial topic with my strange, nondualistic point of view!

Creation? Evolution? I say...they are BOTH true at the same time!

Example:

You and a friend see a finely handmade piece of pottery, fantastic designs and glaze and it looks beautiful.

You ask, "Who made the pot? What inspired them to make it? Why did they choose to make it like this? What could be in their heart and mind?" You would be like a creationist/religious worshipper.

Your friend asks, "How did that guy make that pot? What kind of clay did he use? How did he figure out the proper mix of clays? How long did he fire it? What kind of oven? How did he get the glaze to be so even?" Your friend would be more like a darwinist/scientist.

Here's my viewpoint that reconciles both ends:

It could be that God "created" life by laying down the architecture for our universe (the physical laws, behavior of matter and energy, gravity, etc.) and just letting it run, knowing in His infinite wisdom that life would eventually be created, given enough time and change. That God knew that we would eventually exist from the moment he created the universe. Perhaps...the theory of evolution is merely the "How?" of the creation of life, examining God's creation to find out how everything came to be. And creationism is more concerned with the "Why?", the heart and mind of God. And evolution was God's method of creating. And actually both of the ideas are two sides of one concept/thought/reality.

tl;dr CHRISCHUNS R STUPID LOL THA BIBLE IZ FAKE ROFLZ>

Sig picture brought to you by GuitarHailzā„¢
Matt  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiyrugoji wrote:
Matt wrote:

Pardon my asking, but could you provide a source for this? And even if you don't, it still doesn't explain certain things we can see in space that are millions of lightyears away.

http://www.specialtyinterests.net/carbon14.html

As for thing being millions of light years away, it seems that there is evidence that the speed of light is slowing down at a rate somewhat similar to what you would see if you graphed 1/x

http://www.ldolphin.org/speedo.html

Quote:
Then again, if God did make everything, and we're not evolving, Then we may have some problems...

Could you specify what on the page you were referring to? There is a lot of stuff covered there, and I don't know if you were referring to something specific.
Mark 8:36
psuzeppelin5  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I'm Christian, so I believe in creationism, if you're an atheist, you believe in evolution (most likely). So this thread is pretty much are you Christian or not.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if monkeys are doing fine as monkeys then why arent we still monkeys?

No one can answer my question so evolution is not real.
i also never said anything about humans with wings, so i dont know how that links to ANYTHING.

Visit GuitarHailz's Art Gallery!
Located at- http://aggiepuff.deviantart.com/
Matt  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I agree with your beliefs, I feel inclined to point out the flaws of your arguments.

Under the idea of evoution, we did not evolve from monkeys. Rather, we both share a common ancestor. We both evolved from the same ancient creatures, but because of different circumstances, we evolved differently.

And just because no one knows the answers to your question does not equate to it being false. If you read up on your Bible, no one knows when the rapture will happen; this does not mean that it won't.
Mark 8:36
psuzeppelin5  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2007 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to butt in, if we came from monkeys, why are there still tons of monkeys?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 2 of 13

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright © 2006-2024 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy