ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tidus' WoR XVox: Epic songs for epic friends! [GH Vox FSFC]
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 90, 91, 92  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tidus  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to you two!

B-Fuzz - Yes, an awesome song to finish it, without being obvious! Mr. Green

Lili - There's no problem, after all we're on different instruments, ya know I'm looking forward to something from you, but no need to rush it!

So, first things first. Time for the first video with the FSFC reclaimed, and another birthday gift. I just wanted to repay an old due, something I unfortunately couldn't quite do. But anyway, this song is my favorite in the game, also really fun to sing, albeit tough on the lungs.

"Bat Country" XVox FC

Oh, the promised aftermath...below, there are my impressions about this game, and my proudest FGFC campaign to date (for all of the planning going well on all of those negative circumstances, of course)

- Burnin' For You: not too much to say, besides of the B-Sides, where the beat is totally different from the other lines.
- Machinehead: the 3rd chorus is just a tad bit different in one of the phrases, which I had to put on practice to better adapting.
- Seven Nation Army: just a restart from missing on 1st phrase, then this FC with terrible path.
- If You Want Peace...Prepare for War: CoB, all talkies, etc.
- We're Not Gonna Take It: that *would* seal all the re-records, but I feel that the "2112" in this game is a re-record, even though the game displays the original version's year. Really, go check the Part 2.
- 2112 Pt. 1 - Overture: the 2nd phrase is eluding. Made sure I still remember the 3rd phrase, so I don't waste any more time.
- Dancing Through Sunday: 1st try here, bridge was kind of a guess though.
- Uprising: the choruses fit the bill for a Dutch Zoo Rebel so nicely, so that was the last FC before the gran finale. Sightread FC on Quest Mode, not the same luck on QP+ as I had a restart after missing 1st phrase, just like on 7NA...

So, for who didn't really bother paying attention, I thought I'd still elude them This is what's been assumed to be the final FC.

However, I showed a setlist scroll, sorted by number of stars. When I was almost finished, one song with vocals had no stars at all! This is the real last FC!

Now the impressions, right? Right.

- This is definitely the most accessible GH game for vocalists. If you want somewhere to do something big, this is the place. The charting has improved, and it could be the best charting overall in an on-disk game (stressing that because Beenox is doing some sweet vocal DLC charts lately IMO). The engine is the most lenient to date, there's a bit more of error margin in comparison to GH5/BH, and the front end of every note has a greater leniency, making an "immaginary funnel" with the error margin. It'd be nice to balance this out with something a la Band Hero (unfairly short phrases, fast notes, wankery, less room to breathe and all of that shit).
- Most impressive moment: the moment when I realized that this game doesn't have any song I hate listening to. The least it could happen is the even of me being indifferent/not caring too much about a song. Really, the Bohemian Rhapsody's mo-cap. 'Nuff said.
- Most disappointing moment: it could be the delay to FC Bat Country or Been Caught Stealing, but no. Stray Cat Blues...so much bias over the World Cup's Mister Misfortune, so much hype, so much dreading...I was preparing myself to face this deception when I had a solid sightread. But I wasn't prepared to THIS much deception. 20 minutes resolving the harder phrases, then FIRST TRY FC. Not much to say or to do besides facepalming.
- Hardest song: do I need to say? I keep all of my impressions about it, plus that the execution feels inconsistent.
- Bohemian Rhapsody may not be a Tier 10 material, and may be overrated, but still not as much as Under Pressure. The slightly inconsistent execution of the operatic part, and the chokes after the heavy rock part still irk me.
- Most frustrating moment? Something between the many Sudden Death chokes, the rage over Fascination Street or the constant chokes on No More Mr. Nice Guy while my free time was pretty much ending.

So, all in all, the game has generated great moments, and here I am, really happy for something going well on the this painful year, whose main goal is to make it to 2011 alive and healthy. Right now, I'm taking a breather, in the meantime I play that PES 2011 I got Wednesday. I'll be back periodically, with reduxes and climbing on the ranks to get myself some extras. More soon!

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vacated thread is vacated O.o
But still, very great to see all yout thoughts on it I understand that you found it to be something more accessible, and we got more people ending up doing XVocals now.
I wish I know what you're thinking about the "not hating one song" comment though; not even Bleed It Out? ><

Either way, be sure to have a well polished break here

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
tidus  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wooffus - Yeah, vacated thread is vacated, and lonely reply is lonely. But that's the average - the flux is really low outside the FGFC moment. I can live with that though. I stand correct about the setlist. Each to his/her own, just to begin with. And not being keen about a song doesn't necessarily mean hate said song. I never cared about the 2 most recent albums from Linkin Park, but that I wouldn't mind listening. Unlike stuff like Paramore, which I never want to listen again, and I'm thankful for never having to listen to that for a while (until I get RB3 that is).

A while ago, I played some WoR to hit the 1st on 360 at least for a while. Arvain took it already, but it was fun having it on these 3 days. Also, I got 4 FC's on Karaoke vocal style. Easy songs are really easy - Again, Ties That Bind, No Way Back and...

"Interstate Love Song" XVox, Karaoke vocal style FC

Hands down, favorite song to perform, title which I'm NEVER giving to Queen songs or any song sang by renowned tenors, thanks to my basic baritone range. Pretty easy too, I never missed even without seeing the pitches...anyway, don't go all expecting a Karaoke FGFC. I could do that on the leeway-heavy Wii version (if I had it, of course), but otherwise I'd have to memorize like I never did, phrase by phrase. Was lucky enough to get to "Never never never never let me go" with a combo on Bohemian Rhapsody, and failed miserably on Bat Country, including a last phrase choke. To make matters worse, rhythm gaming is wearing out and I'm becoming a tired vocalist again.

Oh, I was supposed to talk about the "Project 2112"...in my opinion, this'll be my best and most ambitious video project in this year. I'll upload a 2112 Vocal FC in one piece, but it won't be just pick all of the 7 parts and put them together blindly via Windows Movie Maker, otherwise the project's magnitude would be a slander

The odd avatar implies that I'll do another instrument swapping, reminescent of You Belong With Me run back from August. But it'll be a counterclockwise spin, with the intention to make bassist Princess assume the vocal role, kinda like a reference to the fact that Geddy Lee, the Rush bassist, makes the vocals.

More info is on this teaser. Here's to hope that things go well.

| 57 RB1 on-disk FC's, plus 4 RB Vox FGFC's. No way I don't feel accomplished! =)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: TidusKamikaze
tidus  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If teasers and Karaoke Mode FC's don't cut it, maybe I can try something else.

A while ago, I've acknowledged that Vocal FC videos are usually considered "boring" and frowned down upon. Let alone runs of long songs like 2112. But the truth is that I never tried to cater to these biased people. If I was to do so, I'd have to leave so many of my successful video projects on the paper, and the "Project 2112" would be just another lamb for the kill.

Anyway, I managed to do what I promised. My best and most ambitious video project so far. Spent days recording all of the parts and editing. The rendering took a whooping 10 hours to be done, 5 hours to upload, but there it is. I had a lot of fun doing this video, right after being given the priviledge to upload videos that are longer than 15 minutes!

The Project 2112, all in one video!

WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2112 = Epicsauce!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was a great idea for the 2112 video. Great idea showing the video on today or in your country, 21/12.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks here, and on YT as well, of course!

WhYYZ - Couldn't agree more! Regarding Parts 2 or 6, nothing against you nor anyone on your country, it's actually for the people who tried to manipulate my choices that day.

Expertwin - I see you're music6maker33, and your infamous truck of Nirvana requests to Wooffus. You were almost there with the Easter Egg, as I was doing the Part 7 phrases in Brazilian Portuguese. Kind of an impulse to prove my nature to those who assumed that I, in the beginning, supported the ones I wanted to "avenge" just because of their victorious past, not simply because I'm a compatriot to them.

werelord  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Epic epic epic vid tidus. I really enjoyed watching it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That was one awesome vid. Great job sir
tidus  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys!

Today, the RB drumkit arrived at home as my brother's belated Christmas gift, but everyone can play with it. No, nothing really sharp like a GH drumkit or IONs or shit, these things cost at least the equivalent to US$ 1000 here. It's a RB1 kit, but I can live with it.

But now I can really get into this stuff and try to have one less instrument to suck at. I still can't totally be good at making my leg understand that I can't hit the pedal in every beat, now that I did the Easy-Medium progression. But things will get better, hopefully.

Also, I'll be bringing more "overproduced" shit on Vocals, in due time. Now for a long way on Drums, can't expect a swift learning like on Vocals, because the learning curve difference is enourmous. All in all, 2011 promises, even after being so close to mark the end of my rhythm gaming cycle. It's the change I needed, and in all of this time I didn't realize...

arvain  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY drum time !!! Good luck with that, I'm curious to see how you're doing on this instrument now !! (and yes, I think instruments and consoles are obscenely expensive for you brazilians X__x)
Wooffus  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, drums eh? ^_^
From experience they are insanely tricky to get the grasp of. I mean, I started out on Hard with a mere 3* rating on "I Love Rock and Roll" (lol), got my first Expert 5* with "Take Me Out", and kind of made a slow struggle until people constantly asked for Expert drum charts on stream xD True, there are still some songs that I still can't pass, but it's still fun to do if you do so.

But you may think differently and make a firm grasp on it. Wishing you the best of luck, we may even expect some epic OMBFCs too

Click the card for my accomplishment thread!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 4393435608820667
WhYYZ  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tidus wrote:

WhYYZ - Couldn't agree more! Regarding Parts 2 or 6, nothing against you nor anyone on your country, it's actually for the people who tried to manipulate my choices that day.

uhh?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arvain - Talk about expensive: I actually found the ION kit on an online store, it's like tenfold the price of the RB1 kit I have I can't expect a Brianstorm 97% run like you did, but I'll still get the hang of it.

Wooffus - Yes, I felt it. I took about one week of daily drumming to finally get an Expert run, just to prove yet again the rough learning curve, at least in comparison to Vocals. But hey, this is much more thrilling than the plastar for me!

WhYYZ - It's about what happened on July 11th, don't you remember?

First update of this year!

Even with all of those deeds and the like, I always lacked confidency and consistency to play Vocals without feedback. I've seen Performance Mode videos on the both sides, and I just wondered how the hell they do that. I gave in to the tempation, and as I can't reach Rank 100 only with vocals and mediocre drum skills, I used the code to unlock the Performance Mode and make this video, to seal the difference between my consistency today and my consistency back when I sealed the treble.

"Again" [Performance Mode] XVox FC

Also, news on how my drumming is going! I drummed through WoR and SH, some on Expert, some on Hard. Got 2 Hard 5* runs on each game (Stellar and Cherry Pie on SH, I Know What I Am and Money for Nothing - 2 notes from the end - on WoR). And, my 1st Expert Drum 5* run HAD to be on this godblessed song...

I actually have a better run on this song, by 50k+, mind you. The end of the Bridge is borderline too confusing for my poor coordination. And I hate fills.

tidus  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

After the miserable failure that was the video on the previous post (which even forced me to re-upload for excessive discretion), I've been lacking updates here, running out of motivation.

There are two new videos to put here. One of them is a special arrangement, some of the sections had a treatment with Syrinx throwbacks, it's an evolution, but just edit-wise - impact-wise, it's a miserable devolution in comparison to the Project 2112. And the other one is a VoxDrum 5* run, return to Band Hero for one of the catchiest songs there, albeit being like the easiest multitasking song too.

"Suffocated" Special Arrangement
"Lips of an Angel" VoxDrum (Hard Drums and Expert Vocals)

But the main thing in this update IMO, is being a part of Team Epic Fail. Contrary to the name, its roster has pretty much only amazing players in their respective areas. I've been getting repeated offers, but had to incline for the lack of access to XBL. But the latest disregarded this condition, and became irrecusable. I'll do my best to not disappoint. On Vocals that is!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 90, 91, 92  Next
Page 91 of 92

Jump to: