ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 PC Customs Beginner Tutorial ( Updated )
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
locks  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kid-ego wrote:
Followed as described but only got one note when the song played in GH3. I'm gonna search cause I know I've seen this asked before, but an answer here would be nice too.

Sound like your playing a difficulty that havent been charted, some people when they make chart will only chart 1 difficulty and put a single note in the others, usualy it expert that is chart, try playing your song in expert or other difficulty to see wich one is actually chart
kid-ego  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you were 100% Correct, its fully charted for expert, which blows for me cause I'm not an expert player yet.

Anyone have Motley Crue's all in the name of.. charted for all play levels?
kid-ego  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another question.. this one about audacity.. I know this is way beneath all of you, but I can't seem to get it to show me where the bit rate is.

I have mp3's in 320kbps and of course I need to sample them down to 128.

I've debated just recording the songs to cd and then having itunes record them in at 128 but if I can do this with audacity it would at least save me a cd..

Any help?
locks  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kid-ego wrote:
another question.. this one about audacity.. I know this is way beneath all of you, but I can't seem to get it to show me where the bit rate is.

I have mp3's in 320kbps and of course I need to sample them down to 128.

I've debated just recording the songs to cd and then having itunes record them in at 128 but if I can do this with audacity it would at least save me a cd..

Any help?

Im at work right now and dont have audacity in this pc, but I tink you just need to export as MP3 and in the export windows there should have the option for bitrates...
kid-ego  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Correct again. I got all the way to that step on my own but didn't allow it to export it as an MP3 because it didn't come up with a box or settings to save at a certain bit rate... appparently 128 is the default. Excellent.

Thanks for your help Locks.
yoannfb  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: Re: GH3 PC Customs Beginner Tutorial Reply with quote

lowang wrote:
First off all credits etc go to TomPudding, MaxKiller, Leff, Tma, and whoever else i forgot which had something to do with the possibility of adding customs to GH3.

I have absolutely nothing to do with the creation of these applicationns but it's getting tiring reading the same problems over and over in the application thread so i have whipped together a quick tutorial.

This is just a basic tutorial to get you going on adding customs to your game

Things you need to know:

You need an mp3 of your song, and a notechart so guitar hero knows where to place its notes, the game doesn't automatically create a note chart for you to play. Notecharts can be found Here

- Dont use VBR mp3's
- Preferably use 128kbps MP3's
- Do not use multi channel ogg's
- These tools are all still in very early development and are improving almost daily. (Credit:Spoonman)
- People are having problems adding multiple songs in multiple sittings (Credit:Spoonman)
- some songs just simply don't work at the moment (Credit:Spoonman)
- There's a maximum number of songs you are able to add to each list, experiment and find out [Maximum amount reported working; 105 songs in career and 105 in bonus songs](Credit:Spoonman)
- If this does not work, please note your exact steps and then post a bug report in the support forum (Credit:Spoonman)
- For each new release of the songlist editor, please start over from a fresh copy of GH3 (credit:locks)
- if your running Vista, make sure you run the editor as ADMINISTRATOR (also on XP you may need to run as admin if your account dont have admin rights already) (credit:locks)
- Make sure your regional setting are in english US (control panel / regional setting) (credit:locks)
- Make sure you install the game in english (credit:locks)
- If when loading a song you get an infinite loading screen, then there's something wrong with your mp3 or mid file (credit:locks)
- if you can play the notes but there is no sound, mp3 is bad (credit:locks)
- how do I fix my mp3? well load it up in audacity and convert it to MP3 at 128kbps & 44.4khz and try to reimport the song with the editor (credit:locks)
- Keep the names of the song, mp3 & midi files short, otherwise the game may crash (credit:locks)
- Don't use weird characters in your song names, as this can cause problems too

BACKUP ANY SAVE GAMES YOU HAVE BEFORE STARTING ANY EDITING

To create a backup of your save game, go into your "my documents folder" and create a copy of the ASPYR folder and store it somewhere safe.

Optional Step To Avoid Having To Reinstall when you mess up or you want to revert to a previous change

Credit goes to locks on this

1) Browse To C:\Program Files\Aspyr\Guitar hero III\DATA\PAK ( unless you installed it somewhere else )

2) Copy qb.pab.xen and qb.pak.xen somewhere safe

3) if you want to restore from a previous backup, just copy the backed up files ( qb.pab.xen & qb.pak.xen ) back into the Data\PAK folder overwriting the old ones

First off, you will need the following applications:

- Guitar Hero 3 for PC
- Chart2Mid Here
- GH3 PC editor Here
- Lame.exe Here
- MP3info Here
- An mp3 of a song you want in the game
- A Note Chart for the mp3 of the song you want in the game.

For Testing purposes I am going to use Buckethead - Nottingham Lace for this tutorial.

You can either rip the song off the cd or "acquire" it from somewhere, i will not go into detail on how to do that.

-- THIS TUTORIAL IS BASED ON A CLEAN INSTALL --

1) Install Guitar Hero 3 ( and v1.1 patch if you have it )
2) Download GH3 PC Editor Here
3) Lame.exe Here
4) MP3info Here
5) Extract GH3 PC Editor into a folder on your desktop
6) Extract lame.exe from step 3 into your GH3 PC Editor Folder
7) Extract MP3info from step 4 into your GH3 PC Editor Folder
8) Get your mp3 and a notechart for it ( A Notecharts Index can be found Here)
9) Once you have your mp3 and a notechart for it we will need to convert/prepare the .chart file you have downloaded to a .mid so GH3 Pc Editor can import it into the game

10) GET Leff's Chart2Mid Tool Here
11) Once you have downloaded it, extract it to a folder, run the .jar file and select your .chart and convert it to .mid
12) Basically right about now you are supposed to have an mp3 & and notechart in .mid form

13) Fire up GH3 PC Editor now ( by using the songlist_editor.exe )
14) Select File > Open > it should automatically find your GH3 folder, Click ok

15) it should now display a list of all the songs in the game

16) Click the insert song button at the bottom and another window will open

17) Give the song a name ( in this case, buckethead )

-- NOTE, what you choose as the song name will be the identifier for the gh3customs pc editor program --

18) where it says guitar click browse and navigate to your mp3
19) follow the above steps for rythm & song
20) Select your freshly created .mid file
21) Enter the Artist And Song name in the fields below

It should look something like this

22) Click ok, it'll convert your mp3 into a format GH3 can use, this should only take a few seconds

Your Song should show up in the list of available songs now

23) now that is done, click edit setlist below
24) Select Bonus songs

25)Next to the songs per Tier section click the "up arrow" button to increase the number of songs in the bonus songs section
26) It will create a slowride entry at the bottom of the song number drop down list

27)
Select Slowride
28 ) Now under SONG Select your newly added song ( in this case, buckethead)

29) Click the ok button which will return you to the main menu where you click file then save

30) you will see this prompt

31) Click OK
32) Now Fire up the game, go into the cheats menu and strum the Green fret twice
33) Go to quickplay > bonus songs and go to the bottom, you'll find your new song there

34) Enjoy

How To Keep Your Savegame & Current Highscores

- Once again, i take no responsibility if you screw up your savegame or game itself, personally i don't really bother with this since i don't care much for my scores on the pc version -

1) Firstly, Backup your current savegame ( Copy the aspyr folder in my documents somewhere safe )
2) After you have done all your editing in the editor on your setlist ( and saved ) rather than closing the songlist editor keep it running
3) Fire Up Guitar Hero 3
4) It'll complain about the savegame being corrupt etc, delete your save game
5) Go into the game options and manually save your game
6) Alt-TAB from the game back into the editor and click the update save game button
7) When the window opens up point it to your backup of your savegame, then to your newly created savegame.
8) Go Back to game options and load your savegame, then enter the unlock all cheat and you should be good to go.

Song Out Of Sync ( E.g. Song plays before notes show up )

During implementing custom songs you will probably encounter songs being not in synch with the note chart, This usually occurs because a notechart is written with an offset and your mp3 doesn't automatically include the offset.

Usually when people post charts you will see that they have an offset included in their post which needs to be applied to a song in order to get it synchronized.

Here's an example.

Someone has written that an offset of 3 seconds needs to be used for the song to be synchronized, basically that means you need to generate 3 seconds of silence at the beginning of the mp3. ( if an offset has not been supplied, you'll have to figure it out on your own )

To do this:

1) Get audacity Here
2) Open your mp3 in audacity which should look like this

3) Click Generate
4) Click Silence
5) Enter how many seconds of silence you want to generate
6) Click ok
7) Once done Click File > Export, Mp3 128kbps constant bitrate
8) Import back into song editor and see how you go.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Are you sure i strum fret green twice bacause in my game it doesn't run. All the points are correct but when i ga to the game and cheat codes and strum fret green twice, nothing! is it normal?
gamegeek1313  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 9:42 pm    Post subject: about the .jar Reply with quote

u said to open the .jar file in the beginning? well i dont have a .jar file.....
Pmac  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

None of my songs are syncing up. For example Octavarium by Dream Theater. Its good for the first 2 minutes, then it starts to get reallllllly bad.. even tho the person says it syncs properly and I watched the video. Perhaps its set to a different tempo IDK.. .but same for Jailbreak by AC/DC. It doesnt even start out synced, its off by about a second or so.

Now I dont mean to sound demanding or anything, but it would be awefully conveniant if you could post a tutorial on how to sync songs properly (I know how to add silence into a track, but how do you know HOW MUCH silence to add? and how do you know what to put for the offset, besides what the chart poster tells you? oh and what if instead of having to add silence you have to take part of hte song away? one of my songs has the chart starting later than it should, and thus part of the song has to be taken away instead of silence added. So far the only thing I can think of is trial and error, but that could take me weeks just to figure out one song).

This whole custom thing sounds awesome but not if none of my songs are syncing up..
yoannfb  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it doesn't work to strum green fret twice. What's happen? i don't understand what's happening
TAShifter88  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

as for the double strum on green, he means go down to the "insert cheat" option below, and then strum green. You'll see a little guitar pull out the side, then hold the green fret, and strum twice. It should say everything unlocked. Then hit start to leave that screen and it should work.

I'm having a bit of a problem too, however. I read through all 70 pages of the original work, and I remember people mentioning getting scores of 1,000,000 and not able to fix it. Can anyone tell me how this is fixed? I overread it, thinking I'd not have to worry about it . I put my previous scores on, and it only does it on the career option of "jordan". It's no biggie, as it's not there on quick-play, but it's just a stupid little mistake of mine somewhere I'd like to get fixed if it's a simple one.

Lastly, this is my first post, and I just wanted to say GREAT tut, and VERY IMPRESSIVE work with getting the hack to work Tom and Max! I'm indebted to you all!
Ihatecompvir  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Re: GH3 PC Customs Beginner Tutorial Reply with quote

yoannfb wrote:

Are you sure i strum fret green twice bacause in my game it doesn't run. All the points are correct but when i ga to the game and cheat codes and strum fret green twice, nothing! is it normal?

Please don't quote the first post.
ollz1  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right I think I'll drop trying to get Beezleboss to work, its probably got a problem, as everytime I try to put song.mp3 in (Is this bad idea renaming to guitar, song, rhythm), I get a Unhandled Exception error, all the time, I hate seeing this error its worse than the Cult of Personality having stupid solo in it!

Unless, someone can help me avoid the error...
Find a tutorial for the above goal [X]
Think of some more goals []

Making my own website soon, don't know what it shall be called though...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: ollz1
mahger  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, this helped me alot. I think now that I can add custom songs I may make the switch completely to GH from FoF.
lowang  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pmac wrote:
None of my songs are syncing up. For example Octavarium by Dream Theater. Its good for the first 2 minutes, then it starts to get reallllllly bad.. even tho the person says it syncs properly and I watched the video. Perhaps its set to a different tempo IDK.. .but same for Jailbreak by AC/DC. It doesnt even start out synced, its off by about a second or so.

Now I dont mean to sound demanding or anything, but it would be awefully conveniant if you could post a tutorial on how to sync songs properly (I know how to add silence into a track, but how do you know HOW MUCH silence to add?

First off, if the chart is first in sync and then unsync's during play its possible that the mp3 that he used for the chart is different than the one you have ( maybe a live version, or a re-recording of it ) or it just plain doesn't work properly in gh3 at the moment. Please keep in mind that this is till in early stage's of development so bugs are being ironed out as they come.

as to the synching this is taken from gamermanjohn in the song editor thread:
gamermanjohn wrote:

By the way i solve my problem for the offset using Anvil studio and Blaze Media Pro...
Here is what i've done to find the exact offset:
1) Open Anvil Studio, go to file, open... and choose the .mid file of the song
2) When it is open you can see the PART_GUITAR track. if not, click on that track to show the notes.
3) Just above the notechart there is a combo box to the left, select piano roll
4) Point the mouse cursor just before the firt blue note and remember the number that is shown abobe the track list (the one that changes when you move your cursor in the note chart)

Now that we know the offset, it's time to adjust the song to fit with the note chart (midi file):
1) open Blaze Media Pro and go to file, open... and then select your song (mp3, wav, wma, etc) and not the .mid file
2) click on edit song at the right
3) now you can a lot of green bars representing where there is music and where there is not. Don't panic, we won't touch it.
4) play the song a first time until your hear the first note and check if there is a difference with the one of your note chart.
5) if there is one, add or remove silence to the song to fit the exact same offset. To add a silence, click at the very begining of the song and press F6. WARNING: the time is in milisecond so if the difference is 3:11 seconds, you must enter 3011 ms into the box and then press enter. If you need to delete a silence, place the cursor at the exact time where you want your song to start, click and hold left mouse button and drag till the beginning of the song, then press the scissors in the upper bar.
6) Save your song and convert it if it's not an mp3, then exit.

I have not tried this yet but i will later on this weekend and post up a picture tutorial on how to do this.
lowang  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ollz1 wrote:
Right I think I'll drop trying to get Beezleboss to work, its probably got a problem, as everytime I try to put song.mp3 in (Is this bad idea renaming to guitar, song, rhythm), I get a Unhandled Exception error, all the time, I hate seeing this error its worse than the Cult of Personality having stupid solo in it!

Unless, someone can help me avoid the error...

Sounds like there is something wrong with your song.mp3, open it in audacity and export it as mp3 again,it should fix it, you don't need to rename it to guitar song and rhythm as you can just select song.mp3 for each section in the song editor

gamegeek1313 wrote:
u said to open the .jar file in the beginning? well i dont have a .jar file.....

The .jar file is inside the zip of the chart2mid.zip file

TAShifter88 wrote:

as for the double strum on green, he means go down to the "insert cheat" option below, and then strum green. You'll see a little guitar pull out the side, then hold the green fret, and strum twice. It should say everything unlocked. Then hit start to leave that screen and it should work.

Thanks, i added that to the tutorial.

as to your problem i missed that in the original post, i will try and dig it up and add it to the tutorial
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 3 of 75

Jump to: