ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
To those who have been to tournaments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BAD  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:29 am    Post subject: To those who have been to tournaments Reply with quote

Did you play on pro face off or individually? I can see how playing on half a screen with someone else clicking away next to you might annoy participants.

Also what was the policy on the speed mod?
fluc02  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pro Faceoff. I never really found the smaller screen space or the proximity of my opponent to make it harder to play. I can't imagine playing separately and having no idea if I'm in the lead or not, it would definitely take away a lot of the drama as the two players go back and forth over the course of the song.

As for speed mod, absolutely not.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2007 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm kind of interested to know the official policy on progressive scan mode. To me, the problem is that if you're used to playing without progressive scan (eg : Guitar Hero 1 on my DLP TV), then moving to progressive scan mode is a huge adjustment, as it really fixes up a lot of the lag issues. Since the game defaults to "without" progressive scan mode, I think it might be contentious to add it (especially if your opponent is used to playing without it)

Any ideas on this?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Sephi  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Addressing both questions considering I have run 5 major guitar hero tournaments.

1. guitar hero 1 was played on two separate screens, guitar hero 2 is played on Pro Face-Off. The sound from the music is loud enough to mask all clicking so it makes no difference whatsoever.

2. Speed Mod- Best way to do it is if both players agree, it can be used. Otherwise it is off by default.

3. Progressive scan. I can't really believe that it is a disadvantage to play with no lag. It is the way the game was MEANT to be played. Plus, trying to get the lag equal to what every single person experiences on their own personal tv would be impossible.

Jan. 12, 2007- I no longer am a mere God, I am a Guitar God. 64/64 *****
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sephi wrote:

3. Progressive scan. I can't really believe that it is a disadvantage to play with no lag. It is the way the game was MEANT to be played. Plus, trying to get the lag equal to what every single person experiences on their own personal tv would be impossible.

Well - I agree with you, and after about a weeks worth of adjusting to no lag, I really can't play WITH lag anymore (the few times since the GH2 release that I've fired up GH1 which doesn't have the progressive scan option, I suck horribly, horribly), but I'm pretty sure that somebody could argue that turning ON progressive scan is a change from default settings, etc, etc, and an unfair advantage to people who HAVE played it like that (much like turning on the speed mod would be advantageous to people who are used to playing with it on)...
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
Sephi  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From everyone that i've talked to about it here that plays guitar hero, they all agree that it doesn't make enough of a difference to be a factor during my upcoming tournament.

Jan. 12, 2007- I no longer am a mere God, I am a Guitar God. 64/64 *****
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: