Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Idiot Proof Guide to MAKING Custom Guitar Hero Songs
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiskeyface  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me once. I don't believe I found a real solution other then starting the process over. Don't save anything, close Anvil and then open it back up and try merging again. I'm guess this is probably just a bug within Anvil.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tried that. No dice. I'm just going to put it into GH1 for now I guess.

I'm also having sync issues with the song. I know how to fix them I think, but I can't afford the 99$ license for Midi Maestro. Is there another program I can sync with?
whiskeyface  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might be confused. I might have exported the MIDI from TabIt again, then started the process with in Anvil again. Sorry if it doesn't help.

As for syncing, I don't know of any other problem that'll help other than MIDI Maestro.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I doubt that there is any free midi editor capable of syncing songs as MM... Cracking is the solution
Deediare  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im happy to report that thanks to whiskeyface's advice my Always by Saliva track is up and running flawlessly. Thanks again.
Gikkman  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When it comes too syncing there is a small detail I'd like to highlight, a detail I found when moving "Bark at the moon" from GH1 to GH2.

Some songs have allot more tempochanges than you might think. BatM is a good example. If you have both GH1 on your computer, open it with Ghex and check out Bark at the Moon too se what I'm talking about.

So some songs can be allot harder too sync than you imagined, simply due to the change in tempo. Changes that is almost too smal to discover but so big they'll make a difference.
whiskeyface  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed on the official GH tracks there are a lot of tempo changes. I think this might be based on how the MIDI is created and if it's the notes are on beat or not. I'd expect for a professional job to be on time and not have to resort to so much tempo changes, but I guess it might be because they used different methods to creating charts.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, there is a chanse that the tmpo-changes are intentinall, so to make the tracks a bit harder. (Though that theori seems a bit wierd). Or maybe they've simply wanted the notes to be so precise as possible and solved it by using tons and tons of tempochanges.

Whatever the answer is, it sure is confusing and it makes it almost impossible to create Co-Op songs for GH1 songs. The tempochanges is simply to many.
JamminJ  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:53 pm    Post subject: Incomplete tabit question Reply with quote

I started converting a tabit file for GH2 and spent 4 hours doing it only to realize the tabit tablature ends about 1 minute before the song actually does. I found a complete tab in powertab format and text. Is there a way I can continue this conversion using tabit and the text/or powertab tablature? If not what other program would be suggested to use?
whiskeyface  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Re: Incomplete tabit question Reply with quote

JamminJ wrote:
I started converting a tabit file for GH2 and spent 4 hours doing it only to realize the tabit tablature ends about 1 minute before the song actually does. I found a complete tab in powertab format and text. Is there a way I can continue this conversion using tabit and the text/or powertab tablature? If not what other program would be suggested to use?

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.

Do you mean you have one minute of song left to chart and there is no more space in TabIt? If so you merely go to Song/Add Bars and type in however many you need. Just add a big number like 50 or 100. You can get rid of extra bars by going to Song/Remove Unused Bars but I don't believe it's necessary since the song will stop when you set it to in the EVENTS track in Anvil Studio.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Re: Incomplete tabit question Reply with quote

whiskeyface wrote:
JamminJ wrote:

I'm not sure if I understand you correctly.

Do you mean you have one minute of song left to chart and there is no more space in TabIt? If so you merely go to Song/Add Bars and type in however many you need. Just add a big number like 50 or 100. You can get rid of extra bars by going to Song/Remove Unused Bars but I don't believe it's necessary since the song will stop when you set it to in the EVENTS track in Anvil Studio.

No, I mean the tab was incomplete as available on tabit's website. The song Surfing With The Alien is 4:22, and the tabit tab ends at about 3:20 or so. I liked using your method and having the original tab above what I'm converting to GH2 format.

Here's a link to the tabit file (that's incomplete) and the complete powertab tab for comparison. THANKS!
http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~0qmxfb
whiskeyface  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks really good. You're doing a good job keeping the chart realistic. Remember to copy and paste the second track you're working on the Expert track before you export the MIDI.

Now, you could just switch between PowerTab and TabIt. It shouldn't be that confusing. The time signature are the same, 4/4. The notes line up just the same in both program so it should be pretty easy to use the PowerTab version as a guide.

If you want to do it a harder way, you could do the rest of the song in PowerTab and merge it with the TabIt MIDI in Anvil, but I think the first solution is easier.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, excellent tutorial!!! It makes the whole thing seem fairly easy to accomplish.

Anyway, I wanted to ask: the songs available on this forum can only be played on the Hard Difficulty level?
whiskeyface  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FernandoDANTE wrote:
Hey, excellent tutorial!!! It makes the whole thing seem fairly easy to accomplish.

Anyway, I wanted to ask: the songs available on this forum can only be played on the Hard Difficulty level?

Actually, a majority of them are created on Expert difficulty. It all depends on what difficulty the person creates it on. Most of the time it is specified.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nitroD wrote:
Ok dont worry about what i said before im picking it up really quickly and im nearly finished making Walk by Pantera.

NOOOOO! I was gonna try and do that tonight after sitting down properly with this awesome guide

I'll probably make floods if possible or Cemetary Gates.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 39, 40, 41  Next
Page 3 of 41

Jump to: