ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero III and 64-bit support?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TOCS  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero III and 64-bit support? Reply with quote

Recently I decided I wanted to give this game another try, so I bought the bundle thing on Amazon and installed the game, just to conclude that it doesn't run properly on my PC, whether it being my laptop or my desktop (which is completely reformatted 2 days ago, they're both Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate by the way).

First of all, I'm not able to patch the game properly. Whenever I run the 1.3 patch it just tells me it can't be located on my PC, however the 1.31 patch seems to work, but according to various sites you actually need 1.3 in order for 1.31 to work (I'm able to run the game just by patching directly to 1.31 for some reason though).

The game actually runs fine, no problem there, the problem lies in the navigation of the menus, restarting songs etc. whenever a mechanic is triggered in the game that needs the game to read data, it just crashes directly to desktop and gives me the usual "the program has stopped working" thing. It makes no difference if the .exe is a NoCD crack or an original one.

Heres what I've tried so far:

- Running as adminstrator
- Running with compatibility, more specifically Windows XP SP3
- Toying around with various registry parameters, cleaned them etc.
- Re-installed the game a couple of times in different locations and drives
- Installed GHCP and tried various things there like adding a custom song, FX boost etc.
- Installed the 1.31 patch but with no change
- Updated all my drivers to the latest version

Right now I swear I could punch a concrete wall into rubble. I've been toying around with this all day, but with no luck. Only once did I manage to install the game, and being able to restart a song without it crashing instantly, however the installation seemed pretty corrupt due to the fact that random letters and numbers was displayed in some of the menus, including the connecting online services menu.

Please, I really want to make this game work, but it just wont let me. Any ideas?
inimitable  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your time is probably better spent downloading Phase Shift. It obviously doesn't come with GH3 songs, but it's a much easier way to get your plastic guitar fix on the PC than trying to kick GH3 into cooperation.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
TOCS  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So that's it? Nobody in this world has the same problem as I do? That's really strange considering it's a completely fresh installation of Windows 7 with everything up to date.

Strangely though, I got it working on my laptop. However now my next problem is to make 3d Analyzer work. When I run the game through it, it doesn't disable VSync as it's supposed to. >_>
Kathya  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 20, 2013 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll second Phase Shift.

For GH3, however, you say you've tried patching but couldn't - could that be an indication of what's wrong?
I'd assume you checked if the game worked before trying to patch it, and it didn't. I can't be sure, however.

Are you trying to apply any mods? Again, I'd think you'd mention it, but if you're using the black background mod or trying to boost the game by any means, problems tend to arise.

Other than that, no, not really, I've installed GH3PC in Vista 64-bit, 7 64-bit and 8 64-bit and I never had a problem with any.
You'd think the installation is problematic but if you got it working on the portable then clearly it isn't.

I'd still try wiping everything clean again and torrenting it (consciousness should be safe if you did purchase it, can use the licence key for online play).
I don't think anyone here can tell you much more than this. I install the 1.31 before the 1.3 just fine, safe link for it in case your patcher is what's wrong: http://goo.gl/WrJmG
(ehrm, if you're No-CDing, remember different versions require different No-CD executables, so you need a new one for 1.31 or things will crash).

Oh, and never had any problems with 3D Analyzer either. So it sounds like you're quite a magnet.
Not to say the obvious, but try disabling every option you see that you don't need (specifically "force shader versions" and so on so forth), some of them appear to enable VSync.
TOCS  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm currently at a LAN party, and suddenly the game just worked. However I'm still having troubles disabling VSync with 3d Analyze. It doesn't seem to affect the game at all when I run it through it, and if I disable VSync in the Nvidia Control Panel it becomes extreme hard to hit notes, as if the hitbox of the notes are way smaller.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: