ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Red Octane Sponsored GH2 Tourney!! Louisville, KY 1/20/07
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mits3kgtvr4  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 12:12 pm    Post subject: Red Octane Sponsored GH2 Tourney!! Louisville, KY 1/20/07 Reply with quote

w00tz! games is holding a Guitar Hero 2 tournament on January 20th at 5PM. They are located at 2303 Watterson Trail Louisville, KY 40299. I've taken this directly from their forum

Quote:
This event is sponored by RedOctane

Here we go again... If you missed the last one, or simply weren't pleased with how you did, this is your chance for revenge....

Structure:
Based on feedback from the launch party tournament, we will have 2 brackets, one for Hard difficulty and one for Expert, assuming sufficient turnout.
Double elimination.
Each round will consist of a single song chosen at random from the current venue.
The current venue will be determined by the current round.
A player's first match in the Loser's bracket will count as the same round he/she lost in for purposes of determining the venue.

Entry:
$15

Prizes:
To be announced. Red Octane will be providing prizes for this event.

Notes:
We will once again request volunteers to bring in PS2s, copies of the game, and guitar controllers. To volunteer, please PM me using the PM button below. Volunteers who bring in gear will receive a discount on their tournament entry fee.

Sponsors:
If you are reading this, and would like to partially sponsor one of our tournaments or events, please PM me using the button below.

Click HERE to visit the thread or HERE for the forum index

If anyone lives in or near Louisville i hope to see you there!!
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm - I live pretty near to Louisville (well - about 3 hours away, but I guess that's PRETTY near)

Provided this is on a weekend, I might just be up for it

Thanks for the heads up!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
dspoonrt  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Wulfe, it's on a Saturday. Damn, I'll be at Sundance at that time. Good luck everyone.

"Power Surge," "Funk You," "Grindsaw Groove," and "DisorderlyConduct"
- all charted by dspoonrt

Javman158  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

depending on how motivated I am to drive 6 hours, I may just end up going.

The question is, do I sign up for Hard or Expert?
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dspoonrt wrote:
Yeah Wulfe, it's on a Saturday. Damn, I'll be at Sundance at that time. Good luck everyone.

Yes - DAMN, you'll be at SUNDANCE!!!

*bastard, he says, jealously! *
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wuLFe79 PSN Name: wuLFe
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm always iffy about the information...if it's sponsored by RedOctane then I'm just curious as why there's requests to bring in TV's, systems, games .

Last time I heard there was an officially sponsored tournament...it didn't even exist on that day.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the double post...just wanted the bump.

Is this thing still on for Saturday? I think static, ace, and I will be going if it is...just gotta work out the directions and such ;D...just wanna make sure it's actually happening before I head all the way out there.
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 'm not sure - I haven't seen any cancellation notices on that website, but i haven't posted there either - I guess I'll call the place and see - will post back when I know something!
mits3kgtvr4  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is still on for Saturday January 20th.

There is only one PS2 and SG controller available at w00tz! Thats why they asked for another system and game and some controllers. More than one match might be going on at once. Dont worry, others will bring plenty of these. Im not sure where you read about bringing TV's but there is no need for those. For directions just mapquest it. The address is in my original post.

Hope to see a lot of new people there!
CyrusShadowBlade  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 7:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations on the win Wulfe. It was nice meeting you. I must say that I was proud of my 2nd place victory.

Guitar Hero II - 64/64 songs 5 starred on expert.

I enjoy being in the top 100.
PriestMLH  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heh...I was wondering how that turned out =)...I just decided not to go...had a lot of other stuff going on this weekend
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 2:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice to meet you too, Cyrus. Congratulations on finishing second - some close matches, but you pulled through

The tournament was quite fun - "W00t" games has a very nice store over there in Louisville - friendly people, nice equipment, nice atmosphere - if I didn't live over 2 hours away, I'd go there pretty regularly methinks.

The only disappointing thing about the tournament was the attendance. Only 7 people competed in the Expert bracket (and only 5 in the hard bracket), but at least all 7 were competent players. I also wasn't crazy about the tournament format (play 1 random song chosen by the judge) - I actually prefer the more conventional "I choose, you choose, and random tiebreaker" format.

You should have been there, Priest - we could have finished up those last few co-op songs we need to get scores for
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gah, I wish I would've seen this sooner. I might have attended because Louisville is only like 2 hours away.

Raptor  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 5:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea this tournament was more fun than the last, even if I did do worse technically... everyone really just got better. I was really impressed with Brewtus and you Cyrus... that SCoM victory had me by the balls after the solo. I can't stand those slow songs in competition.

And wuLFe, it was great to meet you; it's humbling to see action like that. Is your wireless guitar any count?

You really did miss out Priest, but did I hear wuLFe say you'll be at Columbus too?
wuLFe  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raptor wrote:
yea this tournament was more fun than the last, even if I did do worse technically... everyone really just got better. I was really impressed with Brewtus and you Cyrus... that SCoM victory had me by the balls after the solo. I can't stand those slow songs in competition.

And wuLFe, it was great to meet you; it's humbling to see action like that. Is your wireless guitar any count?

You really did miss out Priest, but did I hear wuLFe say you'll be at Columbus too?

I haven't really had a chance to try out the wireless - I got it all setup, and then I saw that "Batteries weren't included", and decided I was too lazy to run down to the store for 4 AA batteries, so I just set it aside, and will try it out in a little while

I don't know if Priest will make columbus - it's over 6 hours away from him, and I don't know if he will be willing to make that trip for hard mode

There will be a bunch of top tier players in Columbus though, as I have no doubt that dspoonrt and Huwonk will make it (since they live right there), and I think Cobw3bb will be going as well. In fact, closer to the time, we should arrange to all met up somewhere prior to the tourney foir lunch/chat/etc...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: