Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Song Stats / Contribution System / Proof Guide
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:26 am    Post subject: Song Stats / Contribution System / Proof Guide Reply with quote

OK, I've added a fairly extensive addition to the site:

The Song Stats page allows you to view everything that is currently known about the 4-star and 5-star score cutoffs, as well as the total note counts for each song.

In an effort to determine the exact values for these statistics, we'll need your help! So to encourage you to help out, I've added a "Contribution System" where you'll receive credit for submitting proof, and in the future the highest contributors will be recognized.

4-Star or 5-Star Cutoffs:
All you have to do is get a score within a shown cutoff range, take a screenshot (this is required), and submit your results. Then when I approve your image, the cutoff range will automatically update (shrink) accordingly and your name will be listed as the most current proof (until someone else submits a closer score). If by chance, you happen to submit proof that results in the confirmation of an exact cutoff, then you'll receive credit for proving that cutoff. Otherwise you'll receive 1 contribution point for proof that satisfies the following criteria:

Code:
Cutoff Range    Required Narrowing %
-------------------------------------
>10,000                40
1,001-10,000           30
101-1,000              20
10-100                 10
within 10             None

You may still submit proof that doesn't narrow the cutoff range by the required percent, however you will not receive contribution for doing so.

It's very easy for anyone of any skill level to help. Just choose songs of a difficulty that you're comfortable with. And if it's too hard to get near 5-stars, then you can choose to help prove the 4-star cutoff. Not only can you submit proof, but you can view the history of all proof that has been previously submitted for a song/difficulty by clicking "View History" under Action on the Song Stats page.

Let me know if you notice any problems, or if you have any questions. Most importantly, let's get going and find those cut-offs!

Proof Guide:

Over time, many questions have been asked regarding certain rules concerning proof submission and approval. To be fair, some of these rules haven't been laid out in plain writing to begin with, so we have decided to make a sticky that will answer any questions you might have. Before you ask a question, make sure it isn't already answered here.

What a proof consists of:

You are looking for 4 different criteria.

1. Score.
2. Star rating.
3. Difficulty.
4. Song name.

- In order to be approved, ALL 4 of these criteria must be visible on the image. Also, all 4 criteria must be identical to the user submitted stats themselves. If ANY of the criteria cannot be seen on the image OR the submitted stats do not match the criteria on the image, it WILL be rejected. If all 4 criteria can be clearly seen and the information on the picture matches the user submitted information, it will be approved.

When a proof will be rejected:

- If the image is too small to see. If the moderator can't see it, it WILL be rejected.

- If it's too blurry or a dark spot blocks out one of the criteria. If a moderator can't easily see the 4 criteria, it's too blurry and WILL be rejected.

- If the image is sideways or upside-down. It's just not uniform, and we prefer that all images are in the same position, for ease of use. If the image is upside-down sideways or upside-down, it WILL be rejected.

- If one of the variables is cut off. This means that the image is zoomed in and doesn't include one of the criteria as part of the picture. If one of the criteria is missing from the picture, it WILL be rejected.

- If the link doesn't work or requires you to log in to another site, such as Facebook, Myspace, AOL, and so on. If the picture requires any type of logging in to another site, it WILL be rejected.

- If it links to a video. Videos are not allowed under ANY circumstances. If we see a video submitted for a proof, it WILL be rejected.

- If it's a picture of the setlist/encore screen. This doesn't show all 4 criteria, and isn't allowed. If we see a picture of the setlist/encore screen, it WILL be rejected.

New note for GH:OT submissions: The only screenshots that are acceptable are the ones that contain both the score (left screen with character) and the total notes count (right screen). Since the GH:OT song stats screen doesn't explicitly state the difficulty of the song played, the staff needs to derive the difficulty based on the number of total notes in the song. Here is an example of what is considered correct and incorrect form:

Correct: This picture is close-up, clear, and shows the essential elements necessary to approve the proof: score, star rating, total notes, and song name.

Incorrect: Only shows the left screen. Both sides are necessary for a proof to be approved.

Incorrect: This picture is too far away to be able to discern essential information, and is therefore unusable.

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. What should the dimensions of my picture be?

The preferred dimensions of your picture are 640 x 480 pixels. This is the easiest way for a moderator to clearly see your picture, and has the greatest chance of being approved. Dimensions of 320 x 240 are also acceptable.

2. Why can't we submit pictures for total notes for anything besides GH1? Update: All total notes have been proven. Total Notes proofs no longer exist!

ScoreHero does not accept total notes for GH2-PS2, GH2-360, GH-80's, GH3, GH:Aerosmith, GH:On Tour, and most likely any other future releases. We have already obtained that data from the more stats screen, and we don't need people to submit it. Total notes is only for GH1, where the more stats screen didn't exist and we had to find total notes out by actually FC'ing the song.

3. How long does it normally take for my proof to be approved?

The staff has to manually approve the cut-offs by looking at the pictures and verifying user inputted information, which can be a long and arduous process. There are literally hundreds of proofs every day, and every few hours the queue gets done, so don't worry about it. Be patient.

4. Why are the GH3 cutoffs split into 5 sections?

We have found that, for some songs, the cutoffs are slightly different between systems. As such, we need different cutoffs.

5. Why don't you guys accept videos as proof?

It's not a convenient format for us to view pictures through. We don't have the time or patience to wait 10-20 seconds per video, and if we want to look back through the proof history and view a certain picture, then we have to wait for the video to load and everything. If we allowed one person to submit videos as proof, we would have to let others do so too. Having that many people submit videos would be really annoying, and a waste of time.

6. Why was my proof rejected? This doesn't make any sense!

There are a few possibilities as to why your proof was rejected. First of all, make sure the picture is clear (not blurry) and ALL of the criteria can be easily seen. Chances are we rejected it because the quality was bad and we couldn't discern important information. If you are sure that the image is perfect and there is NO way we could have missed that, then maybe you made a typo when submitting the information. Occasionally, we get a picture that is perfectly clear, but the user mixed up the score when submitting the information. If you think that could have been the case, then re-submit the picture and make sure you submit the information correctly.

7. Why didn't I get contribution points? My proof was approved, but I didn't get anything! What gives?

The proof didn't narrow the cutoff enough. When the image is approved, the cutoff range will automatically update (shrink) accordingly and your name will be listed as the most current proof (until someone else submits a closer score). If by chance, you happen to submit proof that results in the confirmation of an exact cutoff, then you'll receive credit for proving that cutoff. Otherwise you'll receive 1 contribution point for proof that satisfies the following criteria:

Code:
Cutoff Range    Required Narrowing %
-------------------------------------
> 10,000               40
1,001-10,000           30
101-1,000              20
10-100                 10
<10                   None

You may still submit proof that doesn't narrow the cutoff range by the required percent, however you will not receive contribution for doing so.

Last edited by JCirri on Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:50 pm; edited 8 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: JCirri821 Wii Friend Code: 1455611809021899
Jed  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. I did some work on the Easy section. I took the data from what was submitted for the total notes. If 8 people 100%ed a song and all had 396 notes, I'd figure it's pretty safe to assume that there's 396 notes in the song. >_> It was mainly grunt work, but someone had to do it. If you absolutely require screenshots for the Easy stuff, I can go through and get them. I figured since it was Easy and no one really cares about it, the screens wouldn't be necessary.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Jedlyn
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is true. I initialized many of the 4-star and 5-star cutoff ranges from existing data. I will do the same thing right now for the more reliable Total Notes.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 10:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Done.

I've initialized all the total note counts for songs where 4 or more different players had a score with 100% and the same note streak.

This ended up being 66 songs.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. I guess when you run a site with > 100 members, it becomes easier to do mass research.

This is exciting news =)

Edit: If I took screen captures through my PC, would that be acceptable? I could get you dozens more shots that way (access to a camera is limited right now).

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this integrated with the normal score submission? Say if someone did get 100% AND filled in the Note Streak AND submitted a picture would that also be added in as a contribution? Or do you have to do that separately. It would be helpful if both could be done simultaneously. Thanks.
OtherBill  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a really cool idea. I can't participate right now, but I should be able to start sending images in a week or two.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very cool. I'd love to help (for example: my 100% on Higher Ground on Hard), but as of now I have no way to submit proof.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jorgandr wrote:
Is this integrated with the normal score submission? Say if someone did get 100% AND filled in the Note Streak AND submitted a picture would that also be added in as a contribution? Or do you have to do that separately. It would be helpful if both could be done simultaneously. Thanks.

Right now the two submissions are separate. But I think thats a good idea to tie the two together. If a screenshot is submitted and the score fulfills a criteria for some statistic (4-star cutoff, 5-star cutoff, or total notes) then I could have it submit as proof also. I will work on getting this done sometime this week, but for now you'll have to submit the proof separately.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RiskyChris wrote:
If I took screen captures through my PC, would that be acceptable? I could get you dozens more shots that way (access to a camera is limited right now).

As long as the captures are readable and I can verify the required stats, then sure. You'll still need to host the images online somewhere and submit links to them.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I know there are some conflicting infos in the scores for cutoffs.
Im currently running through hard mode, and noticed a handful of songs have someone with a 4 star rating with a higher score than someone with a 5 star.
And a bunch have big gaps between the 4 and 5.
For instance look at Heart full of black on hard.
I think its safe to assume ATremains is wrong because I got somewhere around 140k and I didnt get 5 stars. Ill double check all my current scores later.
Loberto  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 3:24 pm    Post subject: Hey 3/4 star expert cutoff Reply with quote

The upper range for the 5-star cutoff for Hey on Expert is listed as 87,858.
The lower range for the 4-star cutoff is listed as 90,505.

I know that 80,039 is still 4-star. I'll submit a picture later today, I hope.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 2157904225307196
Atremains  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, sorry im retarded i just punched all those scores in before i went to sleep one night, i'll fix that when i get my game back
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:20 AM): XD
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:35 AM): too bad your elbow doesnt have a finger to push select
HsAxTakexIt (4:37:57 AM): the next evolution of man : the elbow finger
Loberto  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:53 am    Post subject: pictures Reply with quote

It occured to me as I was preparing to upload some pictures for stat verification that pictures of the scores on the set list probably don't count since it doesn't display the difficulty. Poo.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Wii Friend Code: 2157904225307196
Matt  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If its a score thats unattainable on the other difficulties, then it should be ok (but check with JC first)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 1 of 62

Jump to: