Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Song Stats / Contribution System / Proof Guide
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The scoretracking engine (database tables and processing scripts) for games up to GH:A is completely different from that of games added afterwards. So it's not as simple as flipping a switch to enable those other games for stand-alone instruments.

That's the main reason it hasn't been done, but also at the time Song Stats was created, we (as a community) weren't adept at extracting and processing game data like we are now. The base scores for nearly everything can now be calculated with a good degree of accuracy and rating cutoffs derived from that, so there's a bit less need to exactly prove every cutoff.

If I were to enable the other games I'm not sure it would be worth re-implementing the full proof system within the newer scoretracking engine. It would likely be a simple display of calculated cutoffs if I could pull that data from somewhere.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
The scoretracking engine (database tables and processing scripts) for games up to GH:A is completely different from that of games added afterwards. So it's not as simple as flipping a switch to enable those other games for stand-alone instruments.

That's the main reason it hasn't been done, but also at the time Song Stats was created, we (as a community) weren't adept at extracting and processing game data like we are now. The base scores for nearly everything can now be calculated with a good degree of accuracy and rating cutoffs derived from that, so there's a bit less need to exactly prove every cutoff.

If I were to enable the other games I'm not sure it would be worth re-implementing the full proof system within the newer scoretracking engine. It would likely be a simple display of calculated cutoffs if I could pull that data from somewhere.

Yeah, I could totally imagine the man-hours it might take to do that, but I know you can pull it off. You were able to add co-op tracking to GH2, add full band tracking to RB and GHWT, add all instrument combo trackings to GH5, and add pro instrument tracking to RB3, so there's no reason you can't do my proposal, even if we have to wait awhile.

If you need charts, I put a link to SlowHero in the previous page, and here it is again. You can probably derive base scores from those. (Though it only has GHWT and GHM)

And yeah, I really don't care if you re-implement the proof system. I really just want extended star ratings.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

also if you need some more exact data/verification, EVERY scores I input on any difficulty have a multiplier in the comments section.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: Song Stats / Contribution System / Proof Guide Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
OK, I've added a fairly extensive addition to the site:

The Song Stats page allows you to view everything that is currently known about the 4-star and 5-star score cutoffs, as well as the total note counts for each song.

In an effort to determine the exact values for these statistics, we'll need your help! So to encourage you to help out, I've added a "Contribution System" where you'll receive credit for submitting proof, and in the future the highest contributors will be recognized.

4-Star or 5-Star Cutoffs:
All you have to do is get a score within a shown cutoff range, take a screenshot (this is required), and submit your results. Then when I approve your image, the cutoff range will automatically update (shrink) accordingly and your name will be listed as the most current proof (until someone else submits a closer score). If by chance, you happen to submit proof that results in the confirmation of an exact cutoff, then you'll receive credit for proving that cutoff. Otherwise you'll receive 1 contribution point for proof that satisfies the following criteria:

Code:
Cutoff Range    Required Narrowing %
-------------------------------------
>10,000                40
1,001-10,000           30
101-1,000              20
10-100                 10
within 10             None

You may still submit proof that doesn't narrow the cutoff range by the required percent, however you will not receive contribution for doing so.

It's very easy for anyone of any skill level to help. Just choose songs of a difficulty that you're comfortable with. And if it's too hard to get near 5-stars, then you can choose to help prove the 4-star cutoff. Not only can you submit proof, but you can view the history of all proof that has been previously submitted for a song/difficulty by clicking "View History" under Action on the Song Stats page.

Let me know if you notice any problems, or if you have any questions. Most importantly, let's get going and find those cut-offs!

Proof Guide:

Over time, many questions have been asked regarding certain rules concerning proof submission and approval. To be fair, some of these rules haven't been laid out in plain writing to begin with, so we have decided to make a sticky that will answer any questions you might have. Before you ask a question, make sure it isn't already answered here.

What a proof consists of:

You are looking for 4 different criteria.

1. Score.
2. Star rating.
3. Difficulty.
4. Song name.

- In order to be approved, ALL 4 of these criteria must be visible on the image. Also, all 4 criteria must be identical to the user submitted stats themselves. If ANY of the criteria cannot be seen on the image OR the submitted stats do not match the criteria on the image, it WILL be rejected. If all 4 criteria can be clearly seen and the information on the picture matches the user submitted information, it will be approved.

When a proof will be rejected:

- If the image is too small to see. If the moderator can't see it, it WILL be rejected.

- If it's too blurry or a dark spot blocks out one of the criteria. If a moderator can't easily see the 4 criteria, it's too blurry and WILL be rejected.

- If the image is sideways or upside-down. It's just not uniform, and we prefer that all images are in the same position, for ease of use. If the image is upside-down sideways or upside-down, it WILL be rejected.

- If one of the variables is cut off. This means that the image is zoomed in and doesn't include one of the criteria as part of the picture. If one of the criteria is missing from the picture, it WILL be rejected.

- If the link doesn't work or requires you to log in to another site, such as Facebook, Myspace, AOL, and so on. If the picture requires any type of logging in to another site, it WILL be rejected.

- If it links to a video. Videos are not allowed under ANY circumstances. If we see a video submitted for a proof, it WILL be rejected.

- If it's a picture of the setlist/encore screen. This doesn't show all 4 criteria, and isn't allowed. If we see a picture of the setlist/encore screen, it WILL be rejected.

New note for GH:OT submissions: The only screenshots that are acceptable are the ones that contain both the score (left screen with character) and the total notes count (right screen). Since the GH:OT song stats screen doesn't explicitly state the difficulty of the song played, the staff needs to derive the difficulty based on the number of total notes in the song. Here is an example of what is considered correct and incorrect form:

Correct: This picture is close-up, clear, and shows the essential elements necessary to approve the proof: score, star rating, total notes, and song name.

Incorrect: Only shows the left screen. Both sides are necessary for a proof to be approved.

Incorrect: This picture is too far away to be able to discern essential information, and is therefore unusable.

Frequently Asked Questions:

1. What should the dimensions of my picture be?

The preferred dimensions of your picture are 640 x 480 pixels. This is the easiest way for a moderator to clearly see your picture, and has the greatest chance of being approved. Dimensions of 320 x 240 are also acceptable.

2. Why can't we submit pictures for total notes for anything besides GH1? Update: All total notes have been proven. Total Notes proofs no longer exist!

ScoreHero does not accept total notes for GH2-PS2, GH2-360, GH-80's, GH3, GH:Aerosmith, GH:On Tour, and most likely any other future releases. We have already obtained that data from the more stats screen, and we don't need people to submit it. Total notes is only for GH1, where the more stats screen didn't exist and we had to find total notes out by actually FC'ing the song.

3. How long does it normally take for my proof to be approved?

The staff has to manually approve the cut-offs by looking at the pictures and verifying user inputted information, which can be a long and arduous process. There are literally hundreds of proofs every day, and every few hours the queue gets done, so don't worry about it. Be patient.

4. Why are the GH3 cutoffs split into 5 sections?

We have found that, for some songs, the cutoffs are slightly different between systems. As such, we need different cutoffs.

5. Why don't you guys accept videos as proof?

It's not a convenient format for us to view pictures through. We don't have the time or patience to wait 10-20 seconds per video, and if we want to look back through the proof history and view a certain picture, then we have to wait for the video to load and everything. If we allowed one person to submit videos as proof, we would have to let others do so too. Having that many people submit videos would be really annoying, and a waste of time.

6. Why was my proof rejected? This doesn't make any sense!

There are a few possibilities as to why your proof was rejected. First of all, make sure the picture is clear (not blurry) and ALL of the criteria can be easily seen. Chances are we rejected it because the quality was bad and we couldn't discern important information. If you are sure that the image is perfect and there is NO way we could have missed that, then maybe you made a typo when submitting the information. Occasionally, we get a picture that is perfectly clear, but the user mixed up the score when submitting the information. If you think that could have been the case, then re-submit the picture and make sure you submit the information correctly.

7. Why didn't I get contribution points? My proof was approved, but I didn't get anything! What gives?

The proof didn't narrow the cutoff enough. When the image is approved, the cutoff range will automatically update (shrink) accordingly and your name will be listed as the most current proof (until someone else submits a closer score). If by chance, you happen to submit proof that results in the confirmation of an exact cutoff, then you'll receive credit for proving that cutoff. Otherwise you'll receive 1 contribution point for proof that satisfies the following criteria:

Code:
Cutoff Range    Required Narrowing %
-------------------------------------
> 10,000               40
1,001-10,000           30
101-1,000              20
10-100                 10
<10                   None

You may still submit proof that doesn't narrow the cutoff range by the required percent, however you will not receive contribution for doing so.
thewolfphilly197  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:34 pm    Post subject: how can i get in the rankings? Reply with quote

I did my song and I wonder how to get in the rankings. the song is here it goes again on RB on Bass on medium. my score is 24,931, 5 stars, 97%
expertwin  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a question. I no longer have my copy of Tony Hawk's Proving Ground with the GH3 Demo. But I have the full copy of the game. I was thinking, even though scoretracking for the demo and the full versions are separated, the charts are identical, so since the full versions of those charts have been proved, can you make the demo versions proofed (same goes for the GH2 demo)? I don't want to plagiarize the proofs takes other people took, but I do want them to have the extended ratings.
2015/09/20 The date I became Free Bird #200

@ataeaf=My Twitter. RB Accomps. GH Accomps. Nobody reads them.
voidedalive2x wrote:
of COURSE it's doable, you ninny! Don't you cop out on me now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: WorthBestGamer
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doesnt GH2 Demo uses GH1 engine or the newspapers ? I know something is different.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:35 am    Post subject: Other games stats Reply with quote

Why don't add same statistics for other Guitar Hero games, e.g. World Tour, GH5, Metallica, WoR...? I would help.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail PSN Name: FourtySeventh ICQ Number
bloodisnirvana  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:51 pm    Post subject: Play with Me on Hard Reply with quote

I FINALLY BEAT IT ON HARD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62
Page 62 of 62

Jump to: