ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Information For Season 8 Guitar Hero Leagues!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
elx  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:45 am    Post subject: Information For Season 8 Guitar Hero Leagues! Reply with quote

We no longer will have a signup thread that you must post in. Simply go here: http://www.scorehero.com/leagues and choose the leagues you wish to participate in.

Welcome back to another exciting season of Scorehero leagues. As with Season 7 we will be running leagues for Guitar Hero 3. We are also happy to be presenting for the first time ever, Rock Band Leagues. For information about Rock Band Leagues, please click here: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4005

As we have hinted at in the last couple of weeks, we have some big changes in store this season. First of all, we would like to welcome Alakaiser, Armageddon and socrstopr to the league staff. They will be helping to pick up some of the extra work due to adding Rock Band Leagues.

The second big change, is the fact that we will no longer be using GHEvents to run leagues and collect scores. Deimos has been kind enough to build a league interface that is integrated directly into Scorehero. You will be able to signup using your same Scorehero account that you already have. We no longer will have a signup thread that you must post in. Simply go here: http://www.scorehero.com/leagues and choose the leagues you wish to participate in. Please be aware that we have the ability to move your signup as we see fit.

Week 1 will begin on Sunday, February 3rd. Signups will be taken through the end of Week 1, after that point, no more signups will be allowed. For playoffs, around half of the active players in each league will move on to the playoffs. However, you must submit for week 4 in order to qualify for playoffs, or if unable to submit in week 4, you must notify your commissioner prior to the week 4 deadline.

Another advantage to the new league interface is that results will be reported directly on site. However, we have decided to place a 24 hour embargo on results. This will give us sufficient time to scan the results for any errors, and fix any issues that may arise. This means that while scores are due at 11:59 EST, Saturday night, results will go up 24 hours from that time. We realize this is later than it has been in the past, but it will also allow for results to be posted at a consistent time.

The Guitar Hero 3 Leagues available this season are:

Expert (AAA, AA, A) - All participants will play the same songs for week 1, and after that point you will be placed in your respective leagues and subdivisions.

Open Hard (OB)
- This is for players who are too good for B League, but still wish to play on hard rather than expert.

Hard (B) - This is for players who struggle on hard and can not play on expert. If you can 5 star a majority of songs, FC more than a few songs, or can beat most songs on expert, you belong either in the expert leagues, or in OB if you choose. If you sign up for B league, and are above these skill definitions, you will be moved to OB automatically.

Medium (C)
- This is for players who are unable to play on hard. If you can 5 star most songs on medium, can fc more than a few songs, or can beat most songs on hard, you do not belong here. If you exceed these skill guidelines, you will automatically be moved up to B league.

All leagues are multi-platform.

Any leagues with less than 15 qualified signups will be dropped, and participants will be bumped up one difficulty. For those of you signing up for B or C Leagues, please have your scores on the site up to date. Any players who do not have current scores on the site, or show significant ability above those scores in week 1 may be bumped up at our discretion at any time.

For those of you interested in competing in both Guitar Hero and Rock Band leagues, you are in luck. You may sign up for ONE GH3 league, and 1 league for each instrument on the Rock Band side
ViPeR6  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awe-some!

Signed up already.

One thing though: where can i get to the leagues page from the site itself? I dont see it on the homepage.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViPeR6 wrote:
Awe-some!

Signed up already.

One thing though: where can i get to the leagues page from the site itself? I dont see it on the homepage.

There's no link on the front page at this time. You can either click the link from this topic, or just add the /leagues on to the end of the web address in the mean time.
MPChedda  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, elx, this is awesome. Amazing job getting this sort of thing up and running, it should make everything much more convenient

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPChedda wrote:
Wow, elx, this is awesome. Amazing job getting this sort of thing up and running, it should make everything much more convenient

Deimos is the one who is constructing the new league interface.
CleverTangent  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The interface looks great, by the way.

Can't wait to start!
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm...this should be fun.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
GuitarZero132  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, I might actually join a league for once!

Edit: signed up

Last edited by GuitarZero132 on Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:19 am; edited 1 time in total
DaneH  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im glad to see this, i havent been in leagues for a while because of the whole using a different site to submit scores...so this makes me happy

edit: will there be division between consoles?

Last edited by DaneH on Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:21 am; edited 2 times in total
stealthamo  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if I'll join or not. I lost interest near the end of the last season. I'll sign up anyway.
STFU, IBIATCL, AYGGMW ZWDC(C), YGSY aside, prove the TOAHIAPH/EIFL model is still GHWT-RB2 AOK for NSFT/HMX IMHO IHMFLY LTMDTT POTUS HIV IDK my BFF jill
BRB AFK
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: stealthamo Wii Friend Code: 356602567334
elx  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaneH wrote:
im glad to see this, i havent been in leagues for a while because of the whole using a different site to submit scores...so this makes me happy

edit: will there be division between consoles?

elx wrote:
All leagues are multi-platform.
nesdude  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo, didn't find out about Season 7 until a few hours after sign ups closed, I'm glad to have a chance at Season 8!

-nesdude

toymachine wrote:

Welcome to Scorehero. Where we dissect sections of Dragonforce songs so the official chart can disappoint us in some minute way
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: nesdude128
methinkso  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't going to participate in this season, but that new league interface is just too smexy for me not to!

Nice work, Deimos.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Signed up! I forgot about 7 and didn't get to play, hope I remember this time.
MPChedda  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPChedda wrote:

Oh. I can't read. >_>.

Well then, awesome job Deimos! /bow
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 1 of 29

Jump to: