Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
sukergod (XGuitar) - Band Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GuitarHeroFan101  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job on The Light That Blinds!! Also, don't feel bad, because both of my GH3 Guitars broke within a month of each other...I was just playing songs and the whammy bar broke..I took both apart, and the white part at the bottom had snapped...But, I have 3 more guitars, though..Sorry to hear that, man..
sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah it's not ideal but thanks anyways

I'm off for easter break now so I am going back to where I live during the summer time and will try to find another guitar. Getting harder all the time though now

And yeah TLTB, crazy strumming, I got a pic (a bad one mind you), ill upload it sometime when I got the time.

Last edited by sukergod on Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davers  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TLTB is a very nice Hard FC. I never really realized this until recently. I got it a few years back somehow (I was crazy consistent at the strumming), but recently, even with all the mayhem I've been causing, that strumming is pretty tough and improving my score just isn't worth it to me. lol

And that choke on H18 I had one in Solo 7 just the other day and FC'd everything else! It really is disappointing on a song like that. Good luck finding a guitar locally. It's really getting hard to do that anymore. Your best bet is to search craigslist or the ads in the papers. Or if you have a vintage game shop, they seem to always have one stuffed away in the back somewhere.

Anyways, awesome progress Hope to see you back in action soon!
sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davers, I went on Kijiji and found an LP for $15. Works perfectly so I am happy again. I went to every store in Mount Pearl and St. John's (the 2 major cities here in Newfoundland) and I found 0 used 360 guitar's and 1 GHWOR bundle for $79.99, I wasnt buying that since I had already bought this new LP.

So I got back on the GH2 train and managed to get all of the bonus songs save for 3. I still have to go back and get the songs I have done before but are not gold on my new save file and they should be hard (except KitN, which sucks bad!!!)

Here is what I got yesterday (mind you a few are setlist pics cause they were already done and I didnt want to do them again (looking at you red lottery)

1. Collide
  2. Drink Up
  3. Elephant Bones
  4. FTK
  5. Gemeni
  6. Kicked To The Curb
  7. Laughtrack
  8. Less Talk More Rokk
  9. Mr. Fix It
  10. One For The Road
  11. Parasite
  12. Push Push (Lady Lightning)
  13. Radium Eyes
  14. Raw Dog
  15. Red Lottery
  16. Soy Bomb
  17. The Light That Blinds
  18. The New Black
  19. Thunderhorse
  20. X-Stream
  21. Yes We Can

I'll work on the rest of these the weekend as well as the 12 DLC I have for the game (all the ones that aren't the GH1 songs)

Cheers
sukergod  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So playing in JohnnyGrey's little GH3 rivalry, I have managed to play through some songs (which i never FC'd but came close to), so I decided to go back and do them. Getting "The Seeker" was a bit of a surprise, alot easier then it was to be a couple of years.

Will finish the rest song's throughout the week, but I thought this was pretty good
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I approve of any and all FCs that require a little strumming action (and sometimes even a lot of strumming action). In other breaking news - water is wet!

Ahem. One of the best moments in these games is playing a song for the first time in ages for whatever reason, and then discovering that you could totally FC it, and THEN succeeding in doing so not long after. Great job mate, and here's to the not-so-sightread rivalry showing you some more FCs to come
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice work on those FCs!

Helicopter strumming is still very tricky to me. If you nailed that (and you already got In the Belly of a Shark too?) you should try Suck My Kiss. Regardless, I'm sure we haven't seen the last of your GH3 FCs, so keep it up!

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sukergod wrote:

So playing in JohnnyGrey's little GH3 rivalry, I have managed to play through some songs (which i never FC'd but came close to), so I decided to go back and do them.

Yay for being indirectly responsible . That was one of my reasons for starting this rivalry, as well as for people to take a break from stressful playing and get back into playing for fun.

As psx was saying, it is always neat to go back and play songs and see how much easier(or harder) songs randomly become.

Nice job on the new FCs and let's hope you can snatch a few more while you're at it

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the comments guys, I havent looked at this thread in a while

Anyways, I put the GH3 disc away but will finish of the game sooner or later. In the meantime I finally played GHSH after like 3 years of owning it. I managed to get 19 FC's with a few really good ones. I have the 1st 3 tier's done and the only two I didnt FC are Barracuda (which I can, just hate that trilly part in the middle of the song, rest is easy), and Killing in the Name (which I FC'd up to the the strummy part, but I can't do that at all).

The 3 I really like are

Them Bones isnt hard outside of the solo part but that little 5 second section was mad hard for me. I managed to take it to practice and actually tap it (since my right hand is very slow). I was pretty impressed with myself if I can gloat for 1 second, lol. Godzilla had like 50 odd chokes throughout the song, but I managed to beat that beast. Finally I Wanna Rock actually took very little time. Once I figured out how to hit the 2 Green notes in the first solo, I knew I had the song. The ending strumming section never gave me any trouble. Took 15 minutes

Here is my list so far where the songs that have pic's are the ones FC'd

Guitar Hero Smash Hits
01) I Love Rock 'N Roll
02) Heart-Shaped Box
03) Rock And Roll All Nite
04) Killer Queen
05) Hey You
06) Stellar
07) Message In A Bottle
08) Unsung (Live In Chicago)
09) More Than A Feeling
10) Lay Down
11) Smoke On The Water
12) Take Me Out
13) Hit Me With Your Best Shot
14) Woman
15) Monkey Wrench
16) Shout At The Devil
17) Cherry Pie
18) Them Bones
19) Take It Off
20) Barracuda
21) Thunder Kiss '65
22) No One Knows
23) Freya
24) Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
25) Godzilla
26) Carry On Wayward Son
27) Laid To Rest
28) Nothin' But A Good Time
29) Back In The Saddle
30) Stop!
31) Killing In The Name
32) Round And Round
33) I Wanna Rock
34) YYZ
35) Mother
36) Beast And The Harlot
37) Bark At The Moon
38) Miss Murder
39) Caught In A Mosh
40) The Trooper
41) Electric Eye
42) Cult Of Personality
43) Cowboys From Hell (Live)
44) Free Bird
45) Raining Blood
46) Psychobilly Freakout
47) Play With Me
48) Through The Fire And Flames

We shall see how many more I can get. I wanted to get 30, so hopefully I can push myself to that
psxfreak101  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Suker buddy ol' pal, if you can get I Wanna Rock, you most certainly can get to 30 in Smash Hits, especially if you seemingly had little trouble with it. Well done good sir!
Accomplishments (Latest: GHM FCs #19-#30: Lots Of Stuff!) | My videos

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: psxfreak101
sukergod  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

psxfreak101 wrote:
Suker buddy ol' pal, if you can get I Wanna Rock, you most certainly can get to 30 in Smash Hits, especially if you seemingly had little trouble with it. Well done good sir!

Thanks bud, I am hoping I can get to 30 without to much trouble but when you have shit songs like Monkey Wrench which i have choked in the ending of like 7 times now, it might take a bit, lol.

I played for a few hours today, first time in like a month and managed 7 new FC's including 2 really nice ones:

NBAGT wasnt to hard once you get the really quick ascending part which I got down after a run or 2. Mother on the other hand was a lot of work. Might be my best ever GH FC if I say so. I played it earlier the summer and could not do the purple note section in the 2nd solo at all but I realized that I was just playing it to slow. Took about an hour to get as I also had problems hitting the beginning of the red HO note that leads into the purple note section as well as the section before and after. Whatever may be, I am very happy with it :)

The other 5 FC's I got are:

Take It Off
Barracuda
Thunderkiss '65
No One Knows
Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart

Unfortunately both Barracuda and TK 65 are setlist shots as my camera was dead at the time. Barracuda has one nasty little chart, tons harder than the GH3 version. TiO, TK 65, and Trippin were pretty easy. NoK is pretty easy as well but I had tons of trouble with it and managed to get this after at least an hour of play.

Here is the updated breakdown of what I have so far:

Guitar Hero Smash Hits
01) I Love Rock 'N Roll
02) Heart-Shaped Box
03) Rock And Roll All Nite
04) Killer Queen
05) Hey You
06) Stellar
07) Message In A Bottle
08) Unsung (Live In Chicago)
09) More Than A Feeling
10) Lay Down
11) Smoke On The Water
12) Take Me Out
13) Hit Me With Your Best Shot
14) Woman
15) Monkey Wrench
16) Shout At The Devil
17) Cherry Pie
18) Them Bones
19) Take It Off
20) Barracuda
21) Thunderkiss '65
22) No One Knows
23) Freya
24) Trippin' On A Hole In A Paper Heart
25) Godzilla
26) Carry On Wayward Son
27) Laid To Rest
28) Nothin' But A Good Time
29) Back In The Saddle
30) Stop!
31) Killing In The Name
32) Round And Round
33) I Wanna Rock
34) YYZ
35) Mother
36) Beast And The Harlot
37) Bark At The Moon
38) Miss Murder
39) Caught In A Mosh
40) The Trooper
41) Electric Eye
42) Cult Of Personality
43) Cowboys From Hell (Live)
44) Free Bird
45) Raining Blood
46) Psychobilly Freakout
47) Play With Me
48) Through The Fire And Flames

Last edited by sukergod on Sun May 04, 2014 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
sukergod  

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2013 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Havent posted on this side in a looooooong time but figured I would make my 3333rd post here. Im not going to get all "I remember when this, or that happened" but I will say a big thank you to everyone on this site. I havent really found myself immersed in the community like a lot of you guys (and gals) have, but I'm still happy to have found the site so many many years ago, and my love for the game has only increased since then. While I may not play Guitar Hero as much as I once did (Rock Band is where it's at for me), I still do love the games. Anyways, no names to be included, just a big THANK YOU to everyone that has made the past 7 or so years amazing!!!!

Anyways, to mark this occasion (because I doubt I am going to get to that double freebird post), I finally managed to get to 600 000 on Through the Fire and Flames on Hard Guitar This has taken me since the release date of GH3 (aka a god damn long time ago). I remember playing this first from failing this within the first 3 seconds to struggling to get the 5 star and how proud I was to finally get that. Whatever may be, Im happy that I finally managed to get it. I came up with a pretty basic path and 1st run, I did it. Super happy.

Don't have any plans for GH. I will play out the "Hard" Leagues, and lose pretty bad im sure (what with the 3 or 4 crazy elite squeezers in it). I do intend on trying to get 1000 Hard Guitar FC's but thats after I finish playing through my Rock Band song list

Last edited by sukergod on Sun May 04, 2014 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat May 18, 2013 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Righteous.

Then you come back with the X5*, amirite?

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
sukergod  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Turned on Guitar Hero 2 and played a few random songs and managed to get this FC

Was a huge fluke since I havent played the chart since like 2008 but ill take it. Randomly playing though the series on Expert so I'll count this as FC#1. Hoping to get somewhere between 30-35 FC's from the 360 games. Who knows

Last edited by sukergod on Sun May 04, 2014 7:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
drewbles  

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's great to see more people playing GH2. Gives me more of a push to succeed along with everyone else! Awesome FC on Raw Dog. I remember getting that FC. Super fun solo.

Keep up the awesome work.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 12 of 14

Jump to: