SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
sukergod (XGuitar) - Band Hero
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sukergod  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GingerBraFace wrote:
Impressive stuff man. Maybe WoR should be a future goal. I'm sure you'll eventually nail black widow. ;) It's nice to see your still making progress too

Probably not since the slider sections are not my friend :)

Well almost a year since i have last updated, sounds about right.

Really took a massive break from playing since the game (and genre) was taking its toll on me. Started playing through the Fire Emblem series and it's basically taken over my life. Have played through Blazing Sword (twice), Fates (twice), Awakening (once), Mystery of the Emblem (once) and am currently half way through Binding Blade. Very expensive series to get into, but if you havent played it, go do it now. Tactical RPG at its absolute best!!

In the meantime, I played through the set of the setlist for Modern Hits. Ended up at 20/28 FC's. Should be able to get another 3 hopefully. I'll be happy with that. Here is what I don't have done:

Guitar Hero Modern Hits (DS)
- Sweet Sacrifice - difficult strumming throughout the song. Won't get this anytime soon
- Lights and Sounds - Lot of downstrumming. Just have to force my way through this.
- Miss Murder - just the AS section in the middle of the song. Hit that once and this song is done.
- This Ain't a Scene - Easy with a guitar, very hard here. Have a -3 but I doubt I will get all the strumming in one run.
- Falling Down - Hit the fun solo, missed elsewhere. Can do this if I try!
- Paralyzer - very difficult strumming throughout. Won't get this.
- I Wanna Be your Man - Very difficult solo section where you are forced to strum everything. After that, the song could be doable but that section is amongst the hardest I have seen in a DS game.
- Shockwave - Impossible solo, next please....

With that, that completes the 4 North American versions of the DS games. I have the Europeans versions of the 3 GH games (still need to ebay that Euro BH) so i plan on playing through the Euro exclusives. Who knows, maybe I'll get some motivation over Easter break to play through GH5 and Band Hero or something :)

Cheers :)

[Edit] Managed to pick up Band Hero DS (Euro) for $9 shipped from the UK off ebay!!
sukergod  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Finished off both North American and the European versions of On Tour: Modern Hits (UK version has no exclusive songs that both others dont have)

Ended up with 34/40 FC'd. Only 1 European exclusive was not done (Scream, Aim Fire). Managed to get a couple of NA songs I did not have done as well (Lights and Sound/Miss Murder/Falling Down)
Here is what gets added to the list:

- Sweet Sacrifice - difficult strumming throughout the song. Have a -3, will get this
- This Ain't a Scene - Easy with a guitar, very hard here. Have a -3 but I just need to be lucky.
- Paralyzer - very difficult strumming throughout. Won't get this.
- I Wanna Be your Man - Very difficult solo section where you are forced to strum everything. After that, the song could be doable but that section is amongst the hardest I have seen in a DS game.
- Shockwave - Impossible solo, next please....
- Scream Aim Fire - The hardest song on the DS games I believe :)

Overall I am pretty happy with my output here. Activision charted this game much harder than all the others. The only difference I found between expert and hard are the impossible solo's are a bit easier; the other stuff is about the same (strumming). I wish the other games were on par with this!

I am still waiting for the European version of Band Hero DS to show up but will get the Euro songs done for the other two games. Then that's it. I don't have my Xbox with me right now so I'll have to wait till Easter/Summer to get to them!
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice job sukergod!! I need to play more Modern Hits for FCs. You inspired me to play more handhelds and when I put in Modern Hits I ended up mostly playing the challenges/duels for fun instead :p

In any event, glad to see some more Hard FC action from you! I can definitely vouch for the fact that the charting for Hard on the DS games is much more of a challenge than most other Hard charts out there, so 34 FCs is definitely nothing to sneeze at.

Hope all is going well for you!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dramacomic wrote:
Nice job sukergod!! I need to play more Modern Hits for FCs. You inspired me to play more handhelds and when I put in Modern Hits I ended up mostly playing the challenges/duels for fun instead :p

In any event, glad to see some more Hard FC action from you! I can definitely vouch for the fact that the charting for Hard on the DS games is much more of a challenge than most other Hard charts out there, so 34 FCs is definitely nothing to sneeze at.

Hope all is going well for you!

Thanks drama, all is going well. Not sure why i picked the game back up, but i'm having fun and that's the ost important thing. I may even finish off the Hard setlist and play those pesky games I dont have done (there's 3 or 4 of them I have never touched lol) These games are such an acquired thing, always feels like playing GH1 over again for how odd they are.

On track, I finished up the Band Hero DS European version. Managed to FC the 15 European songs pretty easy (the BH charting is a joke compared to the Modern Hits charting). I also fgured I would take another shot at No One Knows and got that after 3 or 4 attempts.

This puts me at 44/45 FC's overall for Band Hero DS and a European Band Hero Hard DS Full Game FC. Only my second ever (after Expert Guitar The Beatles). Only song I am missing is You Better Prey which is very hard.

That puts me at 127/151 Hard DS FC's. Still have the 5 GHOT and 8 GHD Euro songs left to play. Not sure what the charts are like for those but 140/151 would be awesome!

Cheers!!
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats on the BHDS Hard FGFC!! The DS games are definitely VERY weird to play after being seasoned on console games, so I'm glad you're having fun with it and knocking out Hard FCs like a champ

I actually haven't played BHDS fully on hard guitar (I focused more on bass) but I can imagine No One Knows not being super easy. I would root for you to revisit the original OT if you still have it and finish off the Hard FGFC too. The other 2 DS games have some annoying Hard charts with strum engines that make it tougher than it needs to be. Tarantula, Satch Boogie solos, I Wanna Be Your Man, and Shockwave are all just no.

And yeah you really should play through the other games you haven't touched! Obviously I can't speak for your enjoyment factor, but I think even playing the non-challenging Hard charts in every game is fun. Obviously nothing will compare to the old school Hard charts but still definitely some challenges here and there.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14
Page 14 of 14

Jump to: