ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Custom Songs Database + Integration with CustomHero.net
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Leff  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well now I feel like a horse's ass, because I removed all my songs from SaveFile and put them on my Geocities site, and all the database references are to SaveFile, lol. If I just go through and edit the URLs for them, will the database and my customs page be updated automatically?

IAmLegendToo  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is AMAZING. Nice work! Thanks to everyone who time consumingly went through every chart in the forums. Good job!

P.S. I don' know if it's just me, a bug, or this is just how it is. But some songs in my topic weren't carried over (or don't show for that matter), which was no big deal. So I went to add them and it says my custom song has been added, but it still doesn't show up. Is this a bug, or does it generally just take some time for the information to be generated and to show up?

But once again, THANKS! This is a really neat thing.
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leff wrote:
Well now I feel like a horse's ass, because I removed all my songs from SaveFile and put them on my Geocities site, and all the database references are to SaveFile, lol. If I just go through and edit the URLs for them, will the database and my customs page be updated automatically?
Should be, I edited a link to one of my charts ('cause I host both a chart and a mid version) early this morning and it changed when I looked it up just now.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
M002  

Location: Westhampton, Suffolk County, Long Island, NY, U.S.A. Earth, Solar System, Milky Way, Universe 1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tis a shame that the 360 never had a chance for custom songs
but, that would mean more work for you guys
and, the 360 already gets enough special attention as it is
so, no need to be greedy
great job categorizing all the songs
I'd never be able to do that
nickb611  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. This looks a lot better than I had imagined. Looks like I'll have to update the guide to make it up-to-par with the new additions. You guys should have asked me to help out! I would have been more than willing to evaluate the charts for SH. Oh well... The job it done, and it looks really nice. Give me another week or so and I'll fix up the guide real nice for ya.

EDIT: Good idea!! Would there be a way to count how many times a person downloads the chart from the database? That way, you could know which charts are popular as well as which chart is preferred if two authors created a chart for the same song.

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
StormRuller  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I registered at CustomHero.net and I browse the songs and I can see only 7 songs in the database... is there a problem with the database or just me???

Leff  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormRuller wrote:
I registered at CustomHero.net and I browse the songs and I can see only 7 songs in the database... is there a problem with the database or just me???

The database is here at ScoreHero. CustomHero.net will soon be looking through user submissions and hosting only the highest-quality charts. Those 7 were made by the staff at CH.

Chil  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To prevent confusion, I think there should be a link to the CustomHero.net User Submission Guide posted in the SH database somewhere in the process of submitting and/or editing a chart. You're going to get alot of CH submissions that don't follow the guidelines if you don't do this.

EDIT: One other thing. If I add silence to the beginning of my song file and then sync to that in Feedback, should I include the extra silence as the offset?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: I need help.. i pay $$ for your help Reply with quote

hola.. necesito ayuda para crear mis customs songs para guitar hero 2.. la ayuda obtenida sera devuelta con un pago de $X para el que me escriba a mi correo goodboyleon@hotmail.com.ar primeo contactense para conversar espero una respuesta de cualquiera que haya hacho su guitar hero custom gracias
microgamer2vs2  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chil wrote:
To prevent confusion, I think there should be a link to the CustomHero.net User Submission Guide posted in the SH database somewhere in the process of submitting and/or editing a chart. You're going to get alot of CH submissions that don't follow the guidelines if you don't do this.

EDIT: One other thing. If I add silence to the beginning of my song file and then sync to that in Feedback, should I include the extra silence as the offset?
That's a good idea, I forgot to double check the submission guide before clicking the box through SH.

And yeah, if you made a chart where the audio was given an extra 2 seconds of silence in the beginning, the listed offset would be 2000 etc.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: aggrogahu
coastercrazy10  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet, this is awesome. I think i'm gonna go ahead and add all difficulties to my trivium chart and submit that to CH...only one with co-op. Great work all, especially JCirri and Armageddon.

-CC10

SSCoasters.net - the biggest K'Nex roller coaster website on the planet
KnexForum.com - the best forum for everything else K'Nex
DpOblivion  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, nice job. I just started getting into making customs this week, so this is cool. Gives me a bit of motivation to do the bass track for my song too, I was leaning towards leaving it out since it's boring and hard to hear.

HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. It's awesome to see that this has finally come to fruition... Massive congrats to everybody working on it. Your hard work has totally paid off.

Looks like I should start getting back into custom making again.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leff wrote:
StormRuller wrote:

The database is here at ScoreHero. CustomHero.net will soon be looking through user submissions and hosting only the highest-quality charts. Those 7 were made by the staff at CH.

How can I search for a band that I want to put in my new GH Custom CD instead of going in the search button of the forum???
RaNdOmK1d94  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StormRuller wrote:
Leff wrote:
StormRuller wrote:

How can I search for a band that I want to put in my new GH Custom CD instead of going in the search button of the forum???

Custom Songs outside of the forum, but still on scorehero.

PS3 Trophies | Addicted to Call of Duty!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: RaNdOmK1d94
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 3 of 20

Jump to: