ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SH League System Bugs / Suggestions / etc
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Deimos  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:19 pm    Post subject: SH League System Bugs / Suggestions / etc Reply with quote

The purpose of this thread is for you to report bugs related to the integrated League system that I am working on, as well as make suggestions for improvements on the system. I probably won't be able to read through every single post in every single league thread, so I'd like to try to concentrate everything related to the new league system in here. On that note, I intend to moderate this thread heavily to keep things on topic. Discussion of suggestions and such will be fine, but if things start straying off topic I will be removing the posts.

I will probably also start editing information into this first post, such as updates when I add features, my to-do list, suggestions I'm interested in working on, etc. So check back every once in a while to see what's going on with the system.
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of suggestions. There should be a link to the league page in the toolbar on the top of SH (where there are links to Home, Forum, Manage Scores, Browse Scores, etc.). And if the feature which submits scores to the SH database after each league week is implemented, maybe there should also be fields for comments, pic and vid. Maybe there should also be a checkbox that you can uncheck if you don't want your score to be submitted to scorehero.

It's working great though! A lot smoother than GHEvents (which was alot smoother than PMs ).
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
ajanata  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think a field for a picture should be provided on the normal league entry form, just in case you get a ridiculous score that you think might be challenged anyway. It couldn't hurt to play it safe, at any rate.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

May have something to do with Firefox or some option I have checked/unchecked, but when I click on Enter League Scores from anything besides the main page, it'll say "Invalid league id". When I enter a score, I can't just go back, I have to click on Leagues first.
Delassa  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mc : I would guess you have some kind of cookie setting that isn't working properly, check under Tools->Options->Privacy Tab, mine are set to accept cookies and until they expire in the drop down. If that doesn't work, go to the show cookies button and delete the ones from score hero and try again.

On Topic Part of Post Now:

Mostly I'd like to see the normal score entry for each item (ie Score, Streak, Percent, Comment, Pic Vid) and have the top ones automatically posted to your manage scores if they are higher than the current ones. (sounded like this was already in the works though.)

Where it lists your current running leagues a reminder of the due date for submissions and a song list for that week would be nice too.
RyuBlitz  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I noticed was that there is no user identification on the league pages. Because some households have multiple SH accounts, it might be a good idea to add at least a basic id string to each page.

Join GatheringofGamers.com TODAY!
eron  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
I have a couple of suggestions. There should be a link to the league page in the toolbar on the top of SH (where there are links to Home, Forum, Manage Scores, Browse Scores, etc.). And if the feature which submits scores to the SH database after each league week is implemented, maybe there should also be fields for comments, pic and vid. Maybe there should also be a checkbox that you can uncheck if you don't want your score to be submitted to scorehero.
I can't figure out why won't anyone want his scores to be submitted to the database.
But I think this is a great idea, I was going to suggest something like that.

Last edited by eron on Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:11 am; edited 1 time in total
EvilMunky  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 1:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read somewhere that if we were unable to pass a song for the league, we could simply post the percentage that we failed at. As it looks now, there is no spot to do this other than in "% Notes Hit." It's a bit confusing if we're supposed to write in the failure % in "% Notes Hit" or PM to a commish. I recommend at least mentioning on the enter scores page, what to do should you not be able to pass a song that week.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EvilMunky wrote:
I read somewhere that if we were unable to pass a song for the league, we could simply post the percentage that we failed at. As it looks now, there is no spot to do this other than in "% Notes Hit." It's a bit confusing if we're supposed to write in the failure % in "% Notes Hit" or PM to a commish. I recommend at least mentioning on the enter scores page, what to do should you not be able to pass a song that week.

I think the setup is pretty much the same as last season with that -- you enter "0" into score and note streak and the percentage you passed in the "%notes hit" box. I doubt they'd want to clutter up the page with more directions, but a reminder of that somewhere in the league forum would probably help some people out.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i second (or third?) automatic submitting of league scores to the database at the end of each week. i know i've broken some of my top scores even in week 1 of the league, i'd much rather them be submitted once and in scorehero's system rather than having to submit once for the league and once for the SH rankings.

EDIT: thinking about it for a total of three more seconds... there should be some kind of note on the league page for which system you are playing, because it doesn't differentiate between systems at all as it is. this way automatic submitting to the SH database would be possible, since it would know which system to submit scores for.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
ViPeR6  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see the ability to see all your scores from weeks past. This week, i forgot to write down my scores, so now i really dont know % and note streak, which i always like to have.

Edit: just saw above suggetion, and:

What if someone wants to submit a vid or pic with there score, or add a comment?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 2:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ViPeR6 wrote:

What if someone wants to submit a vid or pic with there score, or add a comment?

Simple. Provided your weekly scores are submitted automatically, I'd assume notes hit and streak would be submitted as well. If you want to submit a pic or comment, record your score, notes hit and streak. Then delete that score and resubmit with a pic/video link and/or comment.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a bug of some sort where I was logged out while viewing this week's score standings. I've been unable to reproduce the bug, however. Has anyone else had this problem, or is it just my browser losing cookies?

Last edited by CleverTangent on Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
toymachine  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submitted my scores and they never went through somehow >_>
just thought I'd post it here in case it's happened to anyone else

*removed stupid meme to perserve socr's sanity*

Last edited by toymachine on Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
ajanata  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just noticed this. Look at the top right corner. http://cs.uakron.edu/~unix204/leaguespageglitch.png

That happens on manage scores and view standings for leagues, too. The rest of the site is fine for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: