ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
About GH3 Results/Roster Splits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bj0rn  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:

Also in terms of the meaning of AAA discussion, I am in the camp taht being in 'AAA' means just about the same thign because it is still roughly one-third (in practice AAA usually actualy had a slightly lower per-division partiipation rate compared ot AA which is usualyl about 5%). But because it s apool of 800 people and 18 divisions, being in AAA-1 (or AAA-2) means a lot MORE, since it means you are in the top 40ish people ot of 800 rather than the top 40ish people out of 320 (past record for participation set during season 7 i think).

I totally agree with the second part of this. AAA-1 and AAA-2 does mean more this season.

But on your first point, I disagree. Comparing the median skill level of this season to previous season (i.e. comparing someone who is ranked 400-410th this season to someone in the middle of AA-2 last season), it hints that the average skill level of players last season was quite a bit higher than this season. This is only based on two comparisons I made, so feel free to completely ignore my reasoning here. Anyway, my guess is that the biggest part of the newcomers to the leagues is "worse" than average.

So I would say that reaching AAA-6 is quite a lot easier than reaching AAA-2 used to be. Thus making the letters "AAA" not appear as impressive as it used to. In these new circumstances I would count AAA-1/2/3 as the "true AAA leagues".

I realize that it sounds like I'm saying that people below AAA-3 are bad at GH, that is not my intention.
S10: GH3X AAA-1, GHAX
S11: GH3X AAA, GH5X AAA
S16: GH3X
My youtube channel
kwkemrtapu  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ShinobiAC wrote:
Best of luck in OB, kwkemrtapu. Interestingly enough, we have almost the same league score after week 1! 168.79 for you and 168.57 for me. What are the chances? o.O

Quite the irony Good luck to you too in the expert leagues!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: LongOffTheTee
gamedemon  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

samuelinspace wrote:
heh 265 and gamedemon is 264 by .11 points time to show him i can beat him since he is so confident i cant

Well, considering the fact i only submitted 2 songs(RaRAN(beaten by 281 places! Lol!) and AitUK), and that my scores for the other two are both FCs, you recieve nothing but a pwning, my friend.

But, if you're so adamant you can beat me, PM me a score for Go That Far (got from the first click on the random score generator site) before sunday, and we'll couple that with the league scores for a best of five. Sound fair?

[X] 4* TTFAF
[X] 5* TTFAF
[X] Top 50 Wii
[X] 20 FCs
[X] 30 FCs
[ ] 50 FCs
[XX] Get sigged

Last edited by gamedemon on Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 068836507783
tornintwo  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do the division splits work out?

Is it sorted so the people in AA-1 are better than AA-2 and so on or is it just randomized

Warnar wrote:
The elitists attack! Everybody run away!
NIUDrew  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tornintwo wrote:
How do the division splits work out?

Is it sorted so the people in AA-1 are better than AA-2 and so on or is it just randomized

It's sorted so that the people in AA-1 are supposed to be better than in AA-2. The reason it takes them this long is that they're comparing league history, scores from four games (I, II, III and 80s) and 1st week submissions.

But yeah, in general, AAA-1 is best, AAA-2 is second, ... down to AAA-6, followed by AA-1, etc...

By the way, I'm personally in the camp that AAA should mean a lot, therefore less people in AAA (maybe 4 AAA leagues, 6 AAs and 8 As). But it's all semantics anyways.
Barfo  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bj0rn wrote:
But on your first point, I disagree. Comparing the median skill level of this season to previous season (i.e. comparing someone who is ranked 400-410th this season to someone in the middle of AA-2 last season), it hints that the average skill level of players last season was quite a bit higher than this season.

Well i have not runched the numbers, i am just going based on my experience that the average skill level tends not to change much from season to season (though individuals tend ot move up in skill as they get better). So it is very possible that there was a sea change in terms of accessibility that would shift the average skill by enough to really have much of an impact, but it would take a pretty big shift to really matter.

Also to whoever was asking, each division is ranked compared to all the others (its not random), so AAA-1 > AAA-2 > .. > AAA-6 > AA-1 > AA-2> .. etc. thats based on a rather detailed estimation prcess that tends to try and predict over the whole season how people will do so that people will match up against others of roughly their skill level. However, with so many people participating we are into new territory somewhat, some of the leagues that are next to each other (especially the low ones) might have a lot of overlap, when looked at in hindsight.
ZEFFER13  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When are the divisions going to be announced?

Or where are they if already up somewhere.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: ZEFFER13 Wii Friend Code: 210568002975
ajanata  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEFFER13 wrote:

When they're done crunching all the numbers. Patience, young grasshopper!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZEFFER13 wrote:

When they are done, we'll post. Some of the smaller splits might make it off the assembly line late tonight or tomorrowor the next day, but i wouldnt expect to see GH3-X until the end of the week - that is one massive project and we are basically tring to implement the computational assistance tools before we start on it, and those tools need to be checked and debugged, etc. Whereas the smaller ones (RB-Xtar, OB/B) i can do via a hybrid method that uses the parts of the tools that are already done and my old spreadsheets and such that used to do this thing.
Flipside  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
When they are done, we'll post. Some of the smaller splits might make it off the assembly line late tonight or tomorrowor the next day, but i wouldnt expect to see GH3-X until the end of the week - that is one massive project and we are basically tring to implement the computational assistance tools before we start on it, and those tools need to be checked and debugged, etc. Whereas the smaller ones (RB-Xtar, OB/B) i can do via a hybrid method that uses the parts of the tools that are already done and my old spreadsheets and such that used to do this thing.

Whenever You get them Done Barfo. The Expert is one hell of a challenge for you guys... no matter how many commissioners are working on it. I can wait till the end of the week.
altairian  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barfo wrote:
ZEFFER13 wrote:

Let me be one to say that we really do appreciate the amount of your time you guys put in to this so that we can have a fun competition. Hope you guys don't have too much trouble getting those tools up and running, debugging made me quit learning programming ><

Feel free to add me on XBL - GT: altairian
Currently working on RB2 guitar, and occasional vox
GreatGonzalez106  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo, I can't wait till I'm put on A-6! Go me apparently sucking on expert (727th place) when I thought I was actually good at this game! ugh.

(I'm sorry, this anger isn't directed at anyone)
altairian  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreatGonzalez106 wrote:
Woohoo, I can't wait till I'm put on A-6! Go me apparently sucking on expert (727th place) when I thought I was actually good at this game! ugh.

If you can play on expert at all, you're an above average player. Don't be too hard on yourself, leagues are all about improving your play. Have fun with it and work hard ;)

Feel free to add me on XBL - GT: altairian
Currently working on RB2 guitar, and occasional vox
WiseOldUnicorn  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreatGonzalez106 wrote:

Hey, gotta keep in mind that the people on ScoreHero don't represent the GH population as a whole. The average GH player plays on medium, so if you can beat songs on expert at all then you're actually quite good at the game.

Most of my friends say I'm the best GH player they've ever seen, but here on ScoreHero I'm not even in the top 2000.

Rock on, Pufferbutt! \m/ O_o \m/

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: WiseOldUnicorn PSN Name: WiseOldUnicorn
woozerkristen  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WiseOldUnicorn wrote:
Hey, gotta keep in mind that the people on ScoreHero don't represent the GH population as a whole. The average GH player plays on medium, so if you can beat songs on expert at all then you're actually quite good at the game.

Most of my friends say I'm the best GH player they've ever seen, but here on ScoreHero I'm not even in the top 2000.

Same.

Joining Scorehero was a reality check for me, to find out that I'm not nearly as good as I thought I was. But it also refueled my interest in the game when I had gotten to the point that I pretty much only played when I had people over who wanted to play... it's given me a way to make it competitive even though there's no one around to play against who can push me. And leagues are an even better version of that.

Vocalist/Guitarist/Bassist for The PermaRockers | Vocalist/Bassist/Pather for Now-Retired Band Interrobang! | Interrobang! Full Band Vids/Solo Vox Vids on YouTube | Facebook | Twitter | Solo Accomplishments Thread
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: woozerkristen
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 5 of 9

Jump to: