ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
About GH3 Results/Roster Splits
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crosby87  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
WiseOldUnicorn wrote:
Hey, gotta keep in mind that the people on ScoreHero don't represent the GH population as a whole. The average GH player plays on medium, so if you can beat songs on expert at all then you're actually quite good at the game.

Most of my friends say I'm the best GH player they've ever seen, but here on ScoreHero I'm not even in the top 2000.

Same.

Joining Scorehero was a reality check for me, to find out that I'm not nearly as good as I thought I was. But it also refueled my interest in the game when I had gotten to the point that I pretty much only played when I had people over who wanted to play... it's given me a way to make it competitive even though there's no one around to play against who can push me. And leagues are an even better version of that.

Yeah I second that. These leagues are what push me to play this game even more. If it wasnt I would mostly likely be played other games rather than all the guitar hero games constantly, my roommates think I'm nuts, but were also in awe when I beat Jordan.

GH2 GOALS

[x] BEAT JORDAN 1/17/08 12:30AM (STILL SHAKING)
[X] BEAT SIX
[ ] GET THE LOG [38/40]
GH3 Goals
[ ] 5* Career+QP [40/45] overall [56/70]
[x] 15 mil [x] 15.5 mil [ ]16 mil
soad1009  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GreatGonzalez106 wrote:
Woohoo, I can't wait till I'm put on A-6! Go me apparently sucking on expert (727th place) when I thought I was actually good at this game! ugh.

(I'm sorry, this anger isn't directed at anyone)

don't feel bad man, i'm right there with ya. i'm at 715 out of 806, which puts me in the bottom 11% but what the fuck ever you know. i know i'm not gonna win, i'm just gonna have a damn fun time playing and trying to get better. i still crush on all my friends, all these guys and gals at scorehero absolutly destroy this game (i mean that in a good way.) so it's motivation to get better. just please don't put Through the Fire and Flames as one of the songs!

Beat TTFAF [ ]

Vertiggo  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woozerkristen wrote:
Joining Scorehero was a reality check for me, to find out that I'm not nearly as good as I thought I was. But it also refueled my interest in the game when I had gotten to the point that I pretty much only played when I had people over who wanted to play... it's given me a way to make it competitive even though there's no one around to play against who can push me. And leagues are an even better version of that.

Agreed. Hurrah for scorehero. The friendly competition here is some of the most fun I've had with a game. Really helps you push yourself further as well.

Being ranked 23rd overall in GH3X means I should make AAA this time around. I'm very excited about that. Here's hoping I can make the playoffs again this time around. =)
gallery_5702_642_2556.png
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: vVv Paradise
NovAether  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know what's scary?

A lot of the top SH players don't even do the leagues. To top that, a lot of top GH players dont even use SH (check out guitarhero.com for proof of that).

But still, even for a middle of the road-ish player in the tournament like me (ranked 560 in the expert leagues), I can still destroy anybody I've ever met in RL, and I plan on winning my university's gh tournament next week.

So it goes both ways: yes, you might be poorly ranked in the leagues, or on SH, but taking into account the sheer volume of players that actually play GH, you (and me included) aren't too shabby.
n2phantom  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all your hard work, ScoreHero crew.
moteman  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NovAether wrote:
You know what's scary?

A lot of the top SH players don't even do the leagues. To top that, a lot of top GH players dont even use SH (check out guitarhero.com for proof of that).

But still, even for a middle of the road-ish player in the tournament like me (ranked 560 in the expert leagues), I can still destroy anybody I've ever met in RL, and I plan on winning my university's gh tournament next week.

So it goes both ways: yes, you might be poorly ranked in the leagues, or on SH, but taking into account the sheer volume of players that actually play GH, you (and me included) aren't too shabby.

I like to look at the grand scheme of things when I try to evaluate my overall play. You put me up against any random scorehero user I'm going to run into trouble. But put me up against any random GH player and I'll most likely beat them.
taint666  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is killing me... im so excited to find out what league im in

i realize all the hard work that you mods are putting in to the divisions... so im not in any rush... but when i find out what league im in will feel like chrisatmas morning all over again
 02:20 LemonMeringue : i ate a key lime pie today
 02:20 LemonMeringue : i felt like a traitor
colorblind  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

taint666 wrote:
christmas morning

Agreed.

MPChedda  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NovAether wrote:
You know what's scary?

I can almost 100% guarantee that even if those people on guitarhero.com don't post or put scores on SH, they take the SP paths and probably learned tips and tricks from lurking around this website. It'd be nearly impossible to put up some of those squeezing scores without reading discussions on SP here, among other things.

Doesn't mean they aren't good, I just think they should start posting scores here >_>.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I disagree. Let me pretend that I'm better then I actually am! :P
ShinobiAC  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MPChedda wrote:
I can almost 100% guarantee that even if those people on guitarhero.com don't post or put scores on SH, they take the SP paths and probably learned tips and tricks from lurking around this website. It'd be nearly impossible to put up some of those squeezing scores without reading discussions on SP here, among other things.

Doesn't mean they aren't good, I just think they should start posting scores here >_>.

I used to be one of those people. Too much hassle to make an account and update scores every single time I played whilst GH.com did it automagically. Then I started realizing that GH.com wasn't getting all my scores. In fact it took my 5th FC of Sabotage to get on the boards.

I prefer an automated entry system like the official site has since any honor system is going to have kids that will lie about their scores. I'm sure there's quite a few bogus top level scores on scorehero. And while it's possible to make a bot for automated play, in general by the time you have the skill to do something like that, you've outgrown your adolescence and aren't going to get kicks out of posting fake scores for laughs (though there are exceptions).

Anyways, went off on a tangent, but the automated scores vs honor system scores might be one reason for the existence of elite scores on gh.com that don't exist on scorehero.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PotR is driving me crazy. Most annoying thing is that I got my best score really early on and I thought I could do better so I didn't bother remembering the % and note streak.
Metalteeth  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am just hoping I get am a top of a division, and not a bottom...

Not saying I will quit or something if I get last, just it will not be as fun.
FriscoSteve  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coolguy5678 wrote:
PotR is driving me crazy. Most annoying thing is that I got my best score really early on and I thought I could do better so I didn't bother remembering the % and note streak.

That always happens to me on songs with tough chord changes. The first time I play it I'll do pretty well and think that I'm going to improve. Then I realize that I get worse EVERY time I play it afterwards. It's really annoying (happened with the beginning of Stricken and now with PotR). GY to YO chord changes KILL ME... it's totally in my head.
ViPeR6  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FriscoSteve wrote:
coolguy5678 wrote:

That always happens to me on songs with tough chord changes. The first time I play it I'll do pretty well and think that I'm going to improve. Then I realize that I get worse EVERY time I play it afterwards. It's really annoying (happened with the beginning of Stricken and now with PotR). GY to YO chord changes KILL ME... it's totally in my head.

I thought the same thing, but i actually did improve......and without giving too much away, let's just say i improved alot .

But yeah, that chord change is a pain in the ass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9

Jump to: