Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Interesting videos
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tragedy  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 12:32 pm    Post subject: Interesting videos Reply with quote

Cowboys from hell - Expert
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4266862911979111749&q=guitar+hero&pl=true

Bark at the Moon - Expert
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7220912783822742750&q=guitar+hero+bark&pl=true

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WHAT WAS THAT?!? In the CfH solo, using the strumming hand to press the fret buttons? Jeebus...

EDIT: Ok I just watched the BatM video. Seriously, what's going on?

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
lilchris25  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That seems to be the same cowboys from hell video that was proven to be a total fake. I'm a little suspicious about that bark at the moon video as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: lilc25
Tragedy  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lilchris25 wrote:
That seems to be the same cowboys from hell video that was proven to be a total fake. I'm a little suspicious about that bark at the moon video as well.

I dont think its totaly fake. It look that the player realy know how to play this song and touches corresponding buttons. Offcourse its dicutable if some of the solos are playeble only ussing the taping. Anyway... video is still very impressive to me

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was especially suspicious in the BatM video where the buttons move without even being touched! I just want to know how they automated the buttons like that.

Goal: 5* Hard
FOP [X]
PP(LL) [X]
OFTR [X]
6 [3.6]
TH [4.0]
Tragedy  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

deathtongue wrote:
It was especially suspicious in the BatM video where the buttons move without even being touched! I just want to know how they automated the buttons like that.

It can by done using some editing stuff like Adobe Aftereffects.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you use the VGS player it tells you when you can use hammer ons and pull offs so you can go a whole solo without strumming

you can do it a lot in Tripolette
ES942  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you cant do the whole solo without strumming in either song, and i doubt he strummed with his elbow. plus, he didn't move the camera to the score. if he got 100% on batm or close to it, he would have.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he never got 100%

you can hear him make mistakes
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, after watching those, I think the Cowboys from Hell one COULD be real, since I do have the VGS Player and it is possible to go a really long time without strumming, but the BATM one is completely fake.

It was almost laughable how bad it looked when the notes "magically" went down on their own.

PostPosted: Thu May 04, 2006 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not necessarily fake so much as it's edited to look like that. It's fun to watch though. I think the one mistake (and corresponding correction) durring the HO/PO sequence in the CfH video adds a little credibility, although I don't recall (and I might just be an idiot) the game making the mistake screech noise when missing a HO/PO. So maybe it takes away credibility... I dunno. I don't do HO/POs... yet.

But of course, more details would always be handy in coming to a conclusion. It seems as though they were being a little too careful about not showing the screen or other things going on...
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
ES942  

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if you play the song on expert (cbfh), and you look at the solo, you will see that you can't HO/PO every single note, there is an occasional yellow note that needs to be strummed.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in all seriousness, a large part of the community has already established the Mr. S&G videos to be fakes. it is impossible to go that long in the solo without strumming on cowboys, the notes are slightly slower than they at the end Batm solo 1. that camera position is also a little iffy to me too, it seems improbable that could he have kept that camera on the neck without any movent of the guitar and that he didn't miss any notes going as slow as he did.
Tragedy  

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fly1ngV wrote:
1. that camera position is also a little iffy to me too, it seems improbable that could he have kept that camera on the neck without any movent of the guitar and that he didn't miss any notes going as slow as he did.

If camera is well fired to neck, you cant notice movement (shaking). Just watch cloeser and you see, that guitar is moving.

PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tragedy wrote:
Fly1ngV wrote:
1. that camera position is also a little iffy to me too, it seems improbable that could he have kept that camera on the neck without any movent of the guitar and that he didn't miss any notes going as slow as he did.

If camera is well fired to neck, you cant notice movement (shaking). Just watch cloeser and you see, that guitar is moving.

ever so slightly though
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: