ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SWC's acc: Competing for Air Guitar Nat'l Championship!
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: SWC's acc: Competing for Air Guitar Nat'l Championship! Reply with quote

GOALS

Enjoy life.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/24/20

Hey folks! Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. I don't have any Guitar Hero related news, other than to say that I gave WE another shot, and sadly I can only get around 380K, never cracked 400K. So, no progress.

But, I wanted to share this: I submitted a video to the U.S. Air Guitar competition on Sunday. They usually do regional qualifiers across the country, but because of COVID, they're doing their competition online this year. Turns out they chose my video as one of the top 25 in the country! So, tomorrow night at 9EST I'll be competing for U.S. Air Guitar National Championship! I'm competing under the persona Airyson Fjord.

If you'd like to watch, they'll be streaming it (mostly) live! Twitch.tv/usairguitar is their channel. Check it out, and wish me luck!

5/21/20

See post. Cheers!

4/7/20

At least one awesome thing came out of the US shelter-at-home policy.

Man, I got the Tech FC on this maybe two years ago. I think last month I got a 1600+ note streak out of the blue, missing just before the harmony section. Once the shelter in place order for Georgia began at some point in March due to COVID-19, I made it a point to finally nail this song. And the past week I have been playing this song religiously. Yesterday was really the day I knew the FC was immiment, as I got maybe 3 1400 note streaks, 2 1600 note streaks and one painful 1700 note streak. And this run I was as cool as a cucumber until the last section, when I became a shaking mess. But thankfully I held it together. It is DONE! FC 69/70 for GH3H, and 208/211 for the O211H! I am officially done with Guitar Hero III. For Hard, all I have left is Misirlou, Trogdor, and TTFAF. And I am perfectly content never getting them!

Since we are still in a shelter in place, I am going to once again go for War Ensemble on Bass. It probably won't happen for a while, but who knows? I've got a lot of time on my hands for the next...month, maybe?

I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy. :)

1/9/18

December did not go as planned. I was without electricity for about a week, so not only could I NOT play GH, I could barely function in society. Then I went to CT for a week to spend the holidays with family. When I did get back, my Metallica disc decided to not work anymore. So, with no way to practice War Ensemble, I resigned myself to Re-FCing most of the bass tracks in WoR. I redid all but seven of the songs, due to difficulty/time needed to practice it/not enough reward for the points. I think I'm within 2K points of first for all but 18 tracks, and within 3K for all but seven, almost all of them being the super difficult songs. I passed greenbaymackey for 5th overall, and eclipsed 20.8 million points. I'm going to stop there until GBM ups his game and decided to get a better score on TDWF. :)

But without a working Metallica disc, I'm pretty much done. I said that if the year ends without a WE FC, so be it. And I'll probably stick to that. Or I may buy it tomorrow. Who knows. But, there probably won't be a whole lot more GH updates from me anymore. It's been real, y'all. Rock on!

11/6/17

Yesterday I completed a goal I've had for the past seven years...running the New York City Marathon. After running the Hartford marathon in 2010, I've been trying to get in through the lottery system, and it wasn't until this year that I finally got in (with guaranteed entry). Days after I got in, I learned that my best friend growing up died very suddenly. In lieu of flowers, his family requested that donations be made to the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation. So, I signed up with them as part of their Team Challenge, and helped raised over $3,000 for them. I don't think I realized the enormity of the event until Friday, when I was at the convention center picking up my racing bib. Over 50,000 raced with me yesterday, from so many different countries. People from all five boroughs were cheering for complete strangers, as well as for people they knew.

It was overwhelming and exciting. I felt like my legs were going to burst at the end. By the way, they had all kinds of music blaring on the streets as I ran by, and the last band was playing War Pigs, so I threw up the horns to show my appreciation. :)

My official finish time was 4:42:06, and I'm ranked 29,580th overall. The first pic is moments after I crossed the finish line. I was hoping for 4:30, but since this is a PR for me, I'll take it. Plus, I got my name in the New York Times.

I''ll be running the Publix marathon in Atlanta in March, which will be a bit more low key. I'd love to run the London marathon, but that may be really difficult to get in. My next huge non-Guitar Hero related goal is to hike Kilimanjaro, which may happen in 2019.

War Ensemble is still being War Ensemble. I am taking the week off, but since I'm not running for the next week, I'll be working on that.

8/9/17

YES!!!

Several days ago I tried hitting the Flood with a new method, and it worked like a charm. The next day I have a 1000+ note choke. My FIRST 1000+ note choke. Then yesterday I couldn't for the life of me hit the Mosh. And I ended up getting 3-4 reverse chokes. It was just awful.

Tomorrow, my lady friend and I head out to Arizona for a mini vacation, so I was hoping to get the FC today. All afternoon I worked on it. More reverse chokes. And another 1,000 note choke, this one AFTER all the blue strumming. Oh I was peeved. I had to leave for trivia at 6:30, and at 6:25 I gave it one last shot. BOOM. NAIL IT. This is FC #68/70, and 207/O211. By the way, my last GHIII Hard FC? KoC in 2012. So, five year difference. :)

This leaves me with two songs. One on Hard and ...sigh....War Ensemble on Bass. I'll be really honest, I don't care too much if I don't get One. In fact, I'd be happy if I got an FC outside of FSA. I'd be cool with that. I'll give it a shot for the next few weeks, but come September, I'm putting all of my effort on WE. If I ever get it, it could be...nay, WILL BE...my greatest achievement.

But for now, No GH for several days. I'm unplugging and going hiking in Arizona!

7/28/17

Well. This was completely unexpected.

I had been working on Outro B recently, but never got close to hitting it. A few days ago, I hit the Outro on Slow for the first time. And earlier this evening I hit it on Slow a few more times. I kept missing on Full Speed because I kept looking down to tap a couple red notes. I realized I needed to tap without looking away from the screen. So I decide to play the song and see what happens. The FIRST TIME I decide to tap the red notes without looking away from the screen...on FULL SPEED...on a REAL FC RUN...and I hit everything. No reverse chokes, was never nervous on the last 15 notes or so. Just hit everything. It was unreal! Also 5th on the overall WoR leaderboards. Not too shabby!

So, I guess I'm done with Warriors of Rock at this point. There's really nothing left for me to do in that game. And I highly doubt I'll get a new guitar FC. Now it is only THE THREE!!

6/23/17

HO. LY. SCHNIKES.

Here's what happened: I had a bunch of work to do since Tuesday, and have barely been home. Today, my girlfriend and I were going to a show in the evening, so with about an hour to kill, I popped in WoR and figured I'd get a bit of practice. Warmed up on a couple songs, practiced the Outro solos, and then when she hopped in the shower, I tried a run. 98%, which was meh. Tried again, and got a 1300+ NS and bombed the last five sections. Not bad, again. Next run was the FC. Though as my girlfriend was getting ready, she was about to walk past the tv during the FC run in the last section, I yelled at her "DON'T CROSS." She said she was initially hurt, but then when I started shouting in amazement, she understood why. :)

I didn't think this was going to happen. Ever. But holy crap, Warriors of Rock Bass FGFC!!

Since it's the only song I have left, and because I'm seeing Metallica in two weeks, I'm popping in GH:M and working on War Ensemble. This fucker is going down :)

11/19/16

YES! The past two months working on this song were so annoying. And it wasn't the entire song either, it was just one or two measures that kept tripping me up. And I would get into ruts where I would have constant note streaks of 453, 457, and 461. It didn't sway too often often from those numbers, but it was always somewhere in there.
TWICE I got past those gallops and missed in the stuff at the end of the solo.
TWICE I got past the whole solo and missed in the chord section, specifically the part.
But the FIFTH time past the gallops, I finally get the FC. The score was on a run where the star power didn't activate immediately, so I lost about 2K points. but WHO CARES!! FC 47/47! Guitar Hero I FGFC! And 206/211!!

For now, I will play GHI through the rest of the year, seeing if I can get Crossroads on Expert. By the way, in trying to get the GR2RH FC, I did get a Fly on the Wall X FC, so that was neat! We'll see what the rest of 2016 will bring!

11/14/16

ABOUT GODDAMN TIME.

This song. It's just awful. I've been playing it religiously for the past few weeks, and ever so slowly became comfortable with each section. But man, everything that could go wrong, did. 20+ 100% w/ overstrums, 5 post solo chokes, one in the last ten notes of the song. I was at my wits end with this song.

The score is on the lower end because my star power activated a bit early. But I don't care. I FINALLY have a Texas Flood Hard FC! This is one of two left I have for the Hard FGFC on GHI (Get Ready 2 Rokk being the other), and #205/O211!

6/25/16

This was a toughy. I've been playing this last couple of weeks, and the solos gave me a lot of problems, but weren't insurmountable. At some point I tried Brock's technique after watching his video, and it worked, through I strummed the entire triplet part. Many times I missed in one part, and that part was different almost every time. But I'm glad I was finally able to knock this one out!

I'm pretty sure 80's is done. I don't see myself ever getting Round and Round or Seventeen. Those solos are really really tough. So, I will pop in GHII since it's the same engine and see if I can get more FCs there.

6/6/16

I'm sitting still flabbergasted that this happened. I was dicking around in practice mode trying all sorts of methods for Solo B. Use all the HOPOs? Only strum the blue notes? Strum everything? Nothing really worked at all. I didn't know the exact SP path either, though I think I was close. This may have been my third or fourth run of the day. But this run, I just spam-strummed everything, and hit it OUT OF NOWHERE. I'm not sure if I ever hit Solo C in a run, let alone B! This is the flukiest of fluke runs. I mean, this is the pure definition of fluke. Will never happen again :)

I guess I'll take a shot at I Wanna Rock!

2/4/16

AH! I finally go this. Over the past few days I figured out the solo, to the point where would hit it about 50% of the time. The problem was I missed before the solo almost EVERY SINGLE TIME. Only had two instances where I FCed past the solo, and promptly screwed up. Today I finally managed to be consistent on everything up to the solo, then proceed to choke on the very last measure before the end solo. Did that twice in a row. A few more tries later and I finally nail it! Hard FC #45 & #204!

Texas might actually be doable if I can ever hit the OSSOD...

1/25/16

Man, this was a long time comin'. Several years ago I tried my hand at this, and FCed the solo maybe 3 or 4 times in a real run, and every time I messed up after that, usually in the part. So I had just about given up. This month after playing GHI on expert, I decided to give this song a chance again. I figured out the above part and found consistency, so then it was a matter of getting the solo done. This is exactly how my runs went (excluding dumb restarts)

1) FC second half of solo, and rest of song
2) FC ALL solo, choke immediately afterwards (NOT THIS AGAIN)
3) -1 in first half of solo, FC second half of solo, and rest of song
4) -1 in first half of solo, FC second half of solo, and rest of song
5) FC

Finally...FINALLY...I can say I am done with this song. I think the method of warming up on expert is a good way to approach the remaining Hard songs.

11/19/15

This was annoying.

I was able to get Nose to the Grind every other time before today, but could never hit Widow-Mayka. And today, for whatever reason, I could not hit NttG. Every time I hit it, it was in practice or I missed early in the beginning, which was lame. But, first time I hit NttG in a real run today, I actually nail Widow-Mayka, having never hit it before. Never even touched it until that run! Not many Hard FCs for this song, but I'm sure people focused more on Expert.

Time to work on Raining Blood!

11/9/15

I finally got over the two burglaries that happened to me this year, and I happened to find GHIII for a dollar a month or so ago. Sorry, I don't have the money to spend on GHL, so this will have to do. I popped it in and tried getting a bunch of Hard FCs. Got the Foo Fighters pack, the hard rock pack, No Doubt pack, the Halo theme, the Slash guitar battle, the Top Gun anthem, the Dropkick Murphy pack, all pretty easy. I also got the entire Death Magnetic pack FC, and that was no pushover (Curse you glitched note in ANL). The Virtuoso pack was a lot of fun, too. And I also got the DragonForce pack FCed, and that felt great.

But this FC I felt REALLY good about. I'm not sure many people have this:

I didn't think I was going to be able to get it a week ago, but I chipped away at it and slowly I learned all of the alloying parts of the solos...man there's a lot of them. Lots of silly misses, but I finally nailed it!

I think I can get Tom Morello's Guitar Battle on Hard. And I'm gonna try One and Raining Blood. We'll see how that goes.

Favorite Achivements
- Full Series 5*
- Expert Bass Full Series FC -1 (War Ensemble)
- Easy & Medium FCs of O211
- 208/O211 Hard FCs
- All Dragonforce songs & TDWDTG 5*

Overall Stats:

Guitar Hero
Easy: 47/47 FCs
Medium: 47/47 FCs
Hard: 47/47 FCs
Expert: 33/47 FCs

Guitar Hero II
Easy: 64/64 FCs
Medium: 64/64 FCs
Hard: 62/64 FCs
Expert: 50/64 FCs

Guitar Hero: Rock the 80's
Easy: 30/30 FCs
Medium: 30/30 FCs
Hard: 30/30 FCs
Expert: 24/30 FCs

Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock (does not include DLC)
Easy: 70/70 FCs
Medium: 70/70 FCs
Hard: 69/70 FCs
Expert: 56/70 FCs

Guitar Hero: World Tour
Expert: 62/86 FCs
Expert Bass: 84/84 FCs

Guitar Hero: Metallica (includes Death Magnetic DLC)
Expert: 33/59 FCs
Expert Bass: 58/59 FCs
Easy Drums: 59/59 FCs (1st on all songs on Xbox GH:WT drums!)
Medium Drums: 59/59 FCs (1st on Xbox GH:WT drums!)
Easy Vocals: 56/56 FCs (2nd on Xbox!)
Medium Vocals: 56/56 FCs (2nd on Xbox!)

Guitar Hero: Smash Hits
Expert: 41/48 FCs
Expert Bass: 48/48 FCs

Guitar Hero: Van Halen
Expert: 33/47 FCs
Expert Bass: 44/44 FCs

Band Hero
Expert: 65/65 FCs
Expert Bass: 65/65 FCs

Guitar Hero 5
Expert: 78/85 FCs
Expert Bass: 85/85 FCs

Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock
Expert: 70/93 FCs
Expert Bass: 92/92 FCs

Last edited by skinnywhitecomic on Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:38 pm; edited 643 times in total
MetalMadness  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You gotta love beer and nachos for your winnings!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for CoD 5*

BigFish  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grats on the 5*. I just got it the other night as well. Grats on the tourney win too. I made an acc. thread but I think it died Good luck on yours.
477th on 360
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: My Name Is Fish
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumpage for some Hard FCs

DanielDunn  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work skinny.
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't hold bumps, hold no bumps back toniiii-iight!!!

greystreetave127  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome job on 55 FC's, but how are you ranked 46th with that many I only have 50 and im 27th. You might want to re-fc some songs, you could be top 20
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The songs I've FCed so far have for the most part the best possible path. I may be missing a squeeze or two in points, so I don't see going back and re-FCing them (except for leagues, etc.)

What's killing me are the songs that's aren't FCed. I've gone back and have done better on a lot of them, but I'm missing a lot of points on the "T" songs (Take This Life, The Way It Ends, and TTFAF). I'm not great at any of those, I just got 4* on TTFAF on Hard for the first time yesterday.

blakstang98  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww, damn you, I was gonna FC this tonight. Awesome job, this song has so much choke written all over it. Damn, climbing the ranks some more. Nice job, keep racing to FC Hard.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a nice fc to get, im impressed.

Andyrew <3's BA
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: andyrew1210
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andyrew wrote:
Thats a nice fc to get, im impressed.

I'm gunnin' for ya! Just delivered #57 with Pride & Joy.

blakstang98  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn, 57 GH3H FC's, thats impressive. I like that video of the BMW FC. I didn't realize you don't play on HS. It looks weird, like its in slow motion compared to HS3 that I use. Awesome job on that FC as well. Lets see some more vids!
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job man, keep going for 60, I'm sure you can. I used to think I was running out of attainable FCs too, so you might surprise yourself and end up getting more than 60.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

We're about even in skill it looks like. Good luck on hitting 60 Hard FC's.
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 1 of 45

Jump to: