ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
SWC's acc: Competing for Air Guitar Nat'l Championship!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
VertigoMan  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats! RaBl aint easy, but TTFAF on hard... thats just mad and one is difficult but fcable for you. I see you have skills, because you have 80s,1 and 2 in pretty damn good shape on XGuitar. I think you can get more FCs in GH3 and SH. You have -1 on XBass which means you have seen some work with Bass. My last Bass FC on X was War Ensemble too, thats pain in the ass but you have to get it dude you just have to. Im waiting that day Amazing
dramacomic  
Neversoft QA
Neversoft QA

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YAY!! Congratulations on officially getting beyond the halfway point of your 2017 goals.

War Ensemble bass, well clearly you just need a lucky run since you've had 100%

One/H - you mention possibly being content with FC outside of FSA, and that's definitely doable (more of the "drama can do it, so can you" mantra). I have no good method of playing FSA though, and I'm pretty sure it involves two handing or magic. At least it doesn't have a random strum note like expert though! Give it a shot. 2017 has plenty of weeks left for you to figure it out :D

Super pleased every time I see you making progress and can't wait until there's only 1/5 remaining (and then zero too!!). Very best of luck finishing off the final TWO!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

VertigoMan wrote:
Congrats! RaBl aint easy, but TTFAF on hard... thats just mad and one is difficult but fcable for you. I see you have skills, because you have 80s,1 and 2 in pretty damn good shape on XGuitar. I think you can get more FCs in GH3 and SH. You have -1 on XBass which means you have seen some work with Bass. My last Bass FC on X was War Ensemble too, thats pain in the ass but you have to get it dude you just have to. Im waiting that day Amazing

Thanks dude! I don't actually have the TTFAF H FC, and I doubt I ever will. My FC counts on guitar are pretty much set, and probably won't get a new one any time soon. WE is my main focus for now :)

dramacomic wrote:
YAY!! Congratulations on officially getting beyond the halfway point of your 2017 goals.

War Ensemble bass, well clearly you just need a lucky run since you've had 100%

One/H - you mention possibly being content with FC outside of FSA, and that's definitely doable (more of the "drama can do it, so can you" mantra). I have no good method of playing FSA though, and I'm pretty sure it involves two handing or magic. At least it doesn't have a random strum note like expert though! Give it a shot. 2017 has plenty of weeks left for you to figure it out :D

Super pleased every time I see you making progress and can't wait until there's only 1/5 remaining (and then zero too!!). Very best of luck finishing off the final TWO!

Well, yes and no. I did get the 100%...a while ago. With all the songs on my list, I'm basically starting from scratch and re-learning every note. Seems to be working so far :)

Here's the funny thing about One: I got home from vacation on Monday. Tuesday afternoon I was fooling around with One FSA...and hit it. So, I can actually say that I have the Tech F/c of One on Hard. Which is really cool! However, One just isn't a priority right now. WE has been plaguing me for years. It is really the last big goal of mine. If I didn't play another song on Guitar Hero after getting WE, I'd be very happy. So, I figure I'm going to put all of my eggs into one basket and work on WE until the end of the year. If I don't get it by 2018, then it was never meant to be. But as you said, plenty of weeks left in 2017. And I'm making really great progress. I hit every part in a real run at some point today outside of Solos 1A & 1B. My best so far is an FC outside of Intro A, Verse 2, and the Solos. Just need to keep playing and strengthening my strumming skills!

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Believe me, I know the pain of post-trill chokes. I think I actually choked post-blue strumming at least twice, and once in the strumming (though I never uploaded those recordings). Good job on grabbing it at last, and I wholly believe WE will fall by the end.

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

voidedalive2x wrote:
Believe me, I know the pain of post-trill chokes. I think I actually choked post-blue strumming at least twice, and once in the strumming (though I never uploaded those recordings). Good job on grabbing it at last, and I wholly believe WE will fall by the end.

I thought about you and your struggles during my FC run! It's like I've said before, sometimes that comes with the territories. Sometimes an FC happens naturally, sometimes on a fluke, and sometimes it's just aggravating. I'm glad that both of us can put this song behind us!

So, I wanted to give an update on my progress with War Ensemble. Each section by itself isn't too bad. My biggest issue is consistency and stamina, which is what I've been trying to build up the past few weeks. I try and play a couple songs to warm up my arms, usually a tougher song, followed by Dyer's Eve. DE is a great way to wake up for WE. I then try and practice the Solos and intro to get my wrists warmed up as well. I have a method for hitting the verses, though it's tough to be consistent for that long. I will say that I am improving, and I'm becoming more consistent with strumming.

My best run this year came today with a score of 411K, -5 and an overstrum in the purple wall. My personal best is 426K, so it's not far off.

Another thing I'm trying to do to break up the monotony is a Re-FC of songs. Won't spend a bunch of time on this project, but I've tried to tackle a song or two each day to get a better path. This has moved me up to 9th on the Scorehero Xbox leaderboard. I've done 16, and I'd be happy if I can redo 35-40 of them. Bushidox has also given me the goal to pass Jellu on the Bass boards. We'll see if that happens. :)

I'll try and post every other week or so updating my progress. Normally I wouldn't post too much progress on a song, but since it's literally the LAST SONG I WANT, it's kind of a big deal.

skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

October update:

Although I haven't been able to play War Ensemble as much this past month, I feel like I'm getting better. I had my best run this year (and probably within the past three years), a 421K run with a -3, FCing everything outside of Solos 1A & 1B. And I had FCed that section in practice earlier in the day. It's close to my overall best score of 426K, so I'm really liking my chances of finally getting this song by the end of the year. What I really like is my consistency. I'm really starting to lockdown on the strum speed and STAY with that speed.

I've also been playing other Metallica bass songs to re-FC and get better scores, just to break op the monotony of playing WE all the damn time. As I've said, this is not a huge priority for me, so I'm not too worried about high scores, and NO WAY can I get greenbaymackey scores. If I can at least re-FC with a star power path that is somewhat close, I'm fine with it. And in doing so, it looks like I will pass Jellu for 9th overall on bushidox's on-disk total board on his next update.

Let's see what the next few weeks bring!

voidedalive2x  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woohoo! It's almost here!

GH accomps: FFWF, DE, Battery HDrums FCs! HDrums 46/49!!
RB accomps: RB3 MDrums FGFC! RB3 MOMBFGFC!
Old Youtube, New Youtube | I do Twitch, now!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: vVv_Voided
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I completed a goal I've had for the past seven years...running the New York City Marathon. After running the Hartford marathon in 2010, I've been trying to get in through the lottery system, and it wasn't until this year that I finally got in (with guaranteed entry). Days after I got in, I learned that my best friend growing up died very suddenly. In lieu of flowers, his family requested that donation be made to the Crohn's & Colitis Foundation. So, I signed up with them as part of their Team Challenge, and helped raised over $3,000 for them. I don't think I realized the enormity of the event until Friday, when I was at the convention center picking up my racing bib. Over 50,000 raced with me yesterday, from so many different countries. People from all five boroughs were cheering for complete strangers, as well as for people they knew.

It was overwhelming and exciting. I felt like my legs were going to burst at the end. By the way, they had all kinds of music blaring on the streets as I ran by, and the last band was playing War Pigs, so I threw up the horns to show my appreciation.

My official finish time was 4:42:06, and I'm ranked 29,580th overall. The first pic is moments after I crossed the finish line. I was hoping for 4:30, but since this is a PR for me, I'll take it. Plus, I got my name in the New York Times.

I''ll be running the Publix marathon in Atlanta in March, which will be a bit more low key. I'd love to run the London marathon, but that may be really difficult to get in. My next huge non-Guitar Hero related goal is to hike Kilimanjaro, which may happen in 2019.

War Ensemble is still being War Ensemble. I am taking the week off, but since I'm not running for the next week, I'll be working on that.

Last edited by skinnywhitecomic on Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:56 am; edited 1 time in total
bushidox  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2017 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very huge congrats on the NYC marathon. Cool fact, the female winner was the first time a US woman has won in my lifetime (1977 was the last). It is always great to achieve your goals, no matter how distant they may seem when you start out. Decent time for a marathon. If I recall that is about 10:30 a mile or so? Very impressive stuff from an ex runner.
The Unofficial Score Hero GH Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1638203#1638203
The Unofficial Score Hero RB Guitar leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703852#703852
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass GH leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=107740
The Unofficial Score Hero Bass RB leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://rockband.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=703842#703842
The Unofficial Cross Platform FGFC leaderboard for X/H/M/E: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=108548
conlan22  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats an awesome accomplishment! Finishing any marathons impressive let alone the NYC. I barely survived the half-marathons Ive done I cant even imagine doing a full. I hope your last couple FCs come soon for you!
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bushidox wrote:
A very huge congrats on the NYC marathon. Cool fact, the female winner was the first time a US woman has won in my lifetime (1977 was the last). It is always great to achieve your goals, no matter how distant they may seem when you start out. Decent time for a marathon. If I recall that is about 10:30 a mile or so? Very impressive stuff from an ex runner.

It works out to about 10:45/mile. My goal was 4:30, and even though I didn't make it, I still ran a PB. I'm now training for the Publix Marathon in Atlanta this March.

conlan22 wrote:
Thats an awesome accomplishment! Finishing any marathons impressive let alone the NYC. I barely survived the half-marathons Ive done I cant even imagine doing a full. I hope your last couple FCs come soon for you!

Thanks man! Here's the deal...if you can do a half, you can a full. Just gotta put your mind to it!

So, it's (almost) December. I'm making my last stand for War Ensemble. All of my chips are going into this one. Every free moment I have will be spent working on this song. This last week, I had an FC run outside of Solo A. -4, but the second best score I've gotten on that song. And my arm is getting stronger. I FCed through the first string of yellow notes five times today before I got exhausted. I will continue to work on this throughout the month, and I VOW to FC War Ensemble in 2017, if it's the last thing I do!

skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

December did not go as planned. I was without electricity for about a week, so not only could I NOT play GH, I could barely function in society. Then I went to CT for a week to spend the holidays with family. When I did get back, my Metallica disc decided to not work anymore. So, with no way to practice War Ensemble, I resigned myself to Re-FCing most of the bass tracks in WoR. I redid all but seven of the songs, due to difficulty/time needed to practice it/not enough reward for the points. I think I'm within 2K points of first for all but 18 tracks, and within 3K for all but seven, almost all of them being the super difficult songs. I passed greenbaymackey for 5th overall, and eclipsed 20.8 million points. I'm going to stop there until GBM ups his game and decides to get a better score on TDWF.

But without a working Metallica disc, I'm pretty much done. I said that if the year ends without a WE FC, so be it. And I'll probably stick to that. Or I may buy it tomorrow. Who knows. But, there probably won't be a whole lot more GH updates from me anymore. It's been real, y'all. Rock on!

Voidedlefty  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey, considering how your December went, I think you can give yourself a mulligan for one month of WE somewhere down the line. Doesn't have to be now, but I think you can do it.

Gratz on the reduxes, though!

GH Accomplishments
RB Accomplishments

FC count: 9
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you will probably end up trying it for fun and FC it randomly. Having a goal and not completing it hurts and leaving something unfinished is hard for anyone. You'll go back at it, pretty sure !

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2020 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUMPS! Imprisoning me! All that I see! Absolute awesome!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 42, 43, 44, 45  Next
Page 43 of 45

Jump to: