ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 Tournament Pana Il 2/18/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dullsky  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 24, 2007 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an idea similar, but i think we could do that.
Cliff  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What were you planning on doing?

I don't wanna run your tournament for you, bro, it's your thing.
Dullsky  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was was exactly as he said. I was trying to figure out a way to have a qualifying round that puts people in the correct division. I am really goin on peoples word, I just want to avoid someone that should be in the expert division from destroying everyone in the medium or hard division. But I think I can trust most people =)
Shorneh  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm..With the determining factor that I can find where this place is, I may be willing to go to see how other people have progressed through the game..[Going solely on the scores of this site is getting meh-ish].

Anyways, to rule out if you're going to have a divisional section for your tournament, just easily ask each participate which difficutly they would like to take part in. That shouldn't be that hard, and then take the overall number of each difficutly to either construct mini-brackets for each division, or just have the entire tournament the 'player's choice' division. That could help you rule out some unnecessery demolishing of people's scores and egos.

That may help, it may not..You can decide for yourself. =)
Dullsky  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as hard to find, its not since it is on a major highway. As far as you getting any real competition, you won't unless some else from score hero comes =)

Hope that helps.
s2adrenaline  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holy shit... i'm from shelbyville... i know we are supposed to hate each other and all that good stuff but i'll be there... oh and some youth alliance group is having a tournament here in shelbyville in a little bit with a $500 prize... i haven't been to pana since we just got out wal-mart but i used to date a girl from pana... trisha barror? you know her by any chance? just thought that'd be fucking weird if you did
Cliff  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're from Shelbyville? I live in Springfield... This just reminds me of The Simpsons.

Anyways, Dullsky, just make sure people are limited to one division, or Co-op and another division. Will it cost double to register for co-op and another division?
Dullsky  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

s2adrenaline wrote:
holy shit... i'm from shelbyville... i know we are supposed to hate each other and all that good stuff but i'll be there... oh and some youth alliance group is having a tournament here in shelbyville in a little bit with a $500 prize... i haven't been to pana since we just got out wal-mart but i used to date a girl from pana... trisha barror? you know her by any chance? just thought that'd be fucking weird if you did

I see to trisha like everday, and sometimes talk to her but ya.. =P wierd? maybe anyway....

I think double for co op will be ok, not like im askin for a whole lot
Things are comin along nicely, And i have been practicing =)
Cliff  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 1:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sweet. Looking forward to it.
s2adrenaline  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i thought the tournament was today lol so i went to pana and went to the gym and watched a volleyball game but it was ok cuz i met some old friend there, but anyway i just had a few idea i would throw out there

as far as having people placed in the divisions... i don't know if you can really have some kind of competition to see which division they are in. by this i mean that if someone wants to be playing against horrible people they can just act like they are bad and do terrible on a song. I think a better way would be giving people an incentive (spelling?) to play on a harder bracket... like a slightly bigger prize for expert than hard and hard bigger than medium and so on

also i was wondering if anybody you knew had a modded ps2 because i could bring mine and let everyone try out the custom songs, like the dragonforce songs and i've got all the SOAD and like crazytrain... i don't have a whole lot since i just got my modchip in the mail 3 days ago and just started working on building custom ISO files. but i just thought that'd be something that'd keep people entertained more than just playing the same song over and over again (im not meaning for the tournament part of it because that would be unfair)

i was also wondering what kind of competition you think there might be... i know i'm not that great but i was wondering if i could even compete with some of the people (i still can't beat jordan on expert :/ and i just barely manage with some songs like six and the light that blinds)
s2adrenaline  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh and another question, what gym? is jr. high or high school or elementary or... i dunno if there are anymore gyms

and i don't know if i said this or not but sometime soon in shelbyville there is a $500 tournament held by the Youth Alliance... not 100% if it's public or not but i'm pretty sure it is... i'll give more details as i find out
Dullsky  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is the Parish Hall, Right across the street from the huge Catholic church. And this is just an update.. I found out today thi I cannot give out cash prizes, SO what would be something good in place of cash? like a gift card for somewhere, or trophies ( ya i know its kinda cheesy but its cheap and easy). Any ideas would be cool.

And for competition, not heavy. Seems like im a pretty close to you as far as skill. Everything you mentioned applies to me.

And it would be awsome if you brought your ps2 down. I had no idea they existed. and like SOAD!?!? Me and a friend of mine was dreaming about this earlier.
ComaWhite  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Red Octane will provided some small prizes I believe if you contact them through beaguitarhero.com

Also, I would like to see this modded GH game, I've always wanted to see one and know how it was done
Cliff  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Red Octane is gonna sponsor it, they'll have to have their name all over everything and you announce it on a bunch of boards, but is there time for that? Tourney in 2 weeks, right?

But, yeah, it's something to think about.

p.s. DEFINATELY keep me posted on this $500 Shelbyville tournament
Dullsky  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff wrote:

p.s. DEFINATELY keep me posted on this $500 Shelbyville tournament

Same.

And not enough time for Red Octane to sponsor it, They need 1 month notice in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: