ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH2 Tournament Pana Il 2/18/07
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
s2adrenaline  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for a prize... it sounds like you guys would be interested in this

get a swap magic set (about $25 or $30) and i'll throw in a few of my modded GH2 DVDs

like the one right now i have about 20 songs on... it's not perfected by any means but i'm sure anybody who likes GH enough to win this tournament would love to have all these extra songs available. And the possibilities are endless, it's not like they just have to stick to what i have that'd just be something to get them started
Cliff  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dullsky wrote:
not enough time for Red Octane to sponsor it, They need 1 month notice in advance.

Dag. Well, maybe another time. I think I'll try to start something at my school (Univ. of IL - Springfield) next year, and it'll definitely be open to the public. I'm not sure if I can do prizes, but we'll see. I'll contact Red Octane about it, as well.
ComaWhite  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is a magic swap kit? The custom DVDs sound sweet. I've been playing for a good while now, but still haven't got to check out any custom songs and I am totally n00blar about what it takes to make and play them.
s2adrenaline  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swap magic is just a DVD and CD that lets your play burnt games... it's like a modchip for people who don't want to take their ps2 apart and screw stuff up... and it comes with either a little slide card thing (i don't have that one) or the magic case which is just a top that opens up so you can change the discs without pushing the eject button
Cliff  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Dullsky, what kind of interest are you generating? How many people would you estimate?
Dullsky  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cliff wrote:
Hey Dullsky, what kind of interest are you generating? How many people would you estimate?

I am expecting at the very least 10, should have more though, We had a meeting today and here are the definates:

Time: Feb. 18th Signups 12-1pm, Start competing at 1:10pm

Place: Pana IL. Parish Hall. Coming North on 51 take a left on 4th street. Straight for 1 block, big brick building on the corner across the street from a huge church. Coming south on 51 take a right instead of a left on 4th street.

Divisions- Medium, Hard, Expert (maybe co op if you all want to.)

We will be selling food, and The prizes will be gift cards more than likely.

Admission- $5 to get in. split 50/50, half to raise money for a class trip, other half towards prizes.

Bringing your guitar and ps2 with game and everything would be nice, just in case we need a backup.

Any fine tuning needed?
s2adrenaline  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are we allowed to play with the speed mod (hyper speed) on? i just havent played the game without it on since like the day i got it

EDIT: just an idea... if both players wanted hyper speed on, then it could be on, if 1 didn't want it on then it wouldnt be on... like just have the players work it out against each other but if they can't come to a decision then play it the way the game came originally, without it on
Cliff  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2007 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good idea, S2A. I'd go for that. Personally, I dig the hyper speed. Also, Dullsky, I'll definately be bringing my guitar. The whammy bar doesn't bounce back, and it sometimes doesn't work, but you'll love the paint job.
Dullsky  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say if both agree hyper speed is cool. I also enjoy playing songs in HS
Cliff  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Groovy. But, Dullsky, do you think that with an outcome of only 10-ish people coming, you'll be able to divide them up into three separate competitions (Medium, Hard, Expert)?
Dullsky  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I may not have ahard, just medium and expert. I don't want to bump those medium people up because well, they would get murdered, and that wouldn't be too much fun, but most of the hard players can at the least try expert.
Cliff  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good. I'm going, brining the gf who may or may not play. If she does, it'll be Medium. I know of one or two others who might want to come, but they probably won't compete, so I'm thinking no. My roomie is the only one who would play, and he's going to see his girlfriend/compete at the GameStop in Quincy (evidently, they didn't do it last weekend).
s2adrenaline  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i have 2 friends who are interested... one is pretty good and the other one doesn't even own GH or GH2 but can beat most of the songs on expert just cuz he plays at friend's houses all the time

i'm downloading GH2 hackers edition repacked and i've already got like 30 custom songs on a dvd right now so that'll be like 90ish custom songs? alot of them aren't very good (sync problem) but probably 1/2 of them are really fun to play
Shorneh  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*coughs*offtopic*coughs*

S2A..I don't want to sound mean or anything, but the 'hackers repack' you're downloading comes from the hard work of everyone here at scorehero..but, the person who created it, who immedently got himself banned, stole the ideas and posted them as his own..

If you want custom songs, we -do- have an entire plethera of custom songs already created, why not just pick something out from them?

It's just my opinion, but I thought I'd help you out../offtopic

Anyways, I may be able to come to the tourny, but it's a major maybe right now..If I do, I'll bring my modded PS2 and soem of the discs I've created..So, we'll see who the 'real' guitar hero is. :-D
s2adrenaline  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i realize that its from keyboardsamerai and that everyone hates him... the last disc i made had all the bonus tracks and like 1/2 of the regular tracks changed over to SH people's work... i'm just saying that i'll have that disc plus another entire disc full of songs... just because he didn't give credit to SH people i know that it's SH people's work and it's the same as downloading all of those songs and trying to sync it up myself but this way i dont have to do all that work

EDIT: I JUST BEAT SYMPHONY X INFERNO... WOW... i know it's probably not hard at all but dont worry it made me so happy you have no idea lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: