ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar hero trainer

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DearXTragedy  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 4:05 am    Post subject: Guitar hero trainer Reply with quote

who here has the guitar hero trainer?

when i first got it, i got it to open fine, but it kept saying "this applicstion has encountered an error and has to close" doesn anyone else have this problem, and know what to do? thanks

Please IM me at Kid Disaster 210 if you can help, or just respond here
random  

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

same thing happened to me yesterday...worked in the morning, then later wouldn't, gives me the same error you got. Redownloaded it, rebooted, no workie.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It does that to me too.....weird....

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It only did that too me once and I think the cause of it was the DirectX video rendering stream was jammed.

I had played an .AVI earlier and WMP crashed part-way through the clip. Some minutes later I tried to start VGSplayer but it would only sit and spin. I rebooted and it was fine after that.

I'm just guessing here but you might try reinstalling DirectX 9.0c and rebooting.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: DiscGolferPro
MLafer  

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It did this to me, too. On the page for the player it says if you have "Sonic DLA" installed it won't work, and lo and behold, that program, which I had never heard of, was in my "add/remove programs" list in control panel. I removed it, and now it works.

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried this proggy on two different computers and all I got was this error message:

Tried it on my laptop, even installed a virtual drive but no success, although the drive spins up.
My desktop has a DVD-Rom and a DVD burner but also no success.

And don`t ask me about the "Sonic DLA" thing - don`t know how I can see if it`s installed or not, or how I may change it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

animalica wrote:
I tried this proggy on two different computers and all I got was this error message:

Tried it on my laptop, even installed a virtual drive but no success, although the drive spins up.
My desktop has a DVD-Rom and a DVD burner but also no success.

And don`t ask me about the "Sonic DLA" thing - don`t know how I can see if it`s installed or not, or how I may change it.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Either your disc drive is broken, or you didn't realize that you need to insert the Guitar Hero disc (yes, your game disc) into your computer.
animalica  

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 2:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Either you haven`t read my post or you think I`m stupid.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry if that was offensive. I was just checking, because sometimes people don't always pay attention, and can miss important information. Obviously, I don't always pay attention either.

About your disc drive, someone else will have to answer.
trofl  

PostPosted: Sun May 28, 2006 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

animalica wrote:

Too bad, I'm going to

If you go Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Add/Remove Programs, you will see it listed there if you have it installed. It's part of a CD/DVD recording package and is unneccessary if you don't use it. DLA (Drive Letter Access) allows you to just drag files to the drive like a normal disk drive if you want to write stuff to it. I would guess that VGSPlayer detects the drive as a hard drive rather than a DVD drive in this case, which is why it doesn't want to work. I don't know if this what's going on in your case, but perhaps this will help anyone else that runs across this problem.

If you have Nero's burning package, there is a similar program called InCD that does this. In either case of InCD or Sonic DLA, I'm not sure exactly how to disable either of them, although if no one uses the capability and they can be uninstalled separately from the rest of the program, I would just get rid of it.

Edit to add: You can try going into My Computer, right clicking on the DVD drive, going to Properties, and seeing if there's a DLA tab listed which should let you disable/enable it from there.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: wxtrofl
Doorselfin  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am still having problems getting VGSPlayer to read my disc. I have an Australian PAL version, but that should essentially be the same as the UK PAL version, which it supports.

I have tried uninstalling InCD and fiddling around with drive properties, but nothing seems to be working.

Has anyone got any other solutions?
RandomManA  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same exact error. Nothing works. I disabled DLA, that didn't help. I uninstalled DLA, that didn't help. I've been ejecting and reinserting the disc like a crazy man, and nothing works. I'm think that because in My Computer, my DVD drive is labeled as "CD Drive (D:)" the program passes it over, even though the icon for the disc is a DVD-ROM. I can't think of what else might be causing the problem. Any suggestions? Please?

Aaron
Riz  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the FAQ on the VGS page:

VGS FAQ wrote:
The game disc is in my DVDROM drive, but it wont detect the game disc. What is wrong?
One user reported that it would not detect the disc when his DVDROM drive was set to “DLA” mode.
The PAL version required a slight tweak to work. If other region specific discs come out, they may need an update too.
If you still have trouble, email me and I will try to troubleshoot it with you.

Since you've already tried the DLA thing, I'd guess that despite you thinking that it "should be essentially the same as the UK PAL version", maybe it's not. ANZ is a different region code than UK, so that may matter. I'd mail him.

Riz.
Genga  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive only had the problem a couple times

but thats down to my DVD drive working when it wants to, i might try a virtual drive of it

but no problems for me otherwise
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: