ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Update: Adding proof to existing scores
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:07 am    Post subject: Update: Adding proof to existing scores Reply with quote

This has been a popular request as it's always been a pain to have to delete your current score and insert another one just to add a picture or video to the score. Doing so also incorrectly replaces the timestamp you originally obtained the score, with the time of your latest submission. This is no longer the case.

Now you can update your scores with proof by simply inserting a score with the same score as your personal best and filling in the picture/video link fields. If your score matches your personal best, then it will ignore everything else except the proof fields. So you don't need to fill in your percent, streak, comment or anything else, and those fields will not be changable after submission.

Also a notification will pop-up to indicate that a current score was updated rather than a new one being inserted if that's the case.

Hopefully this will save headaches for some of you. Enjoy.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Undead's gonna be a happy camper!

I know I am .

Rock Band Accomplishment Thread
Proud owner of over 2,500+ expert Rock Band FC's.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: erkle82
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome! This will be really convenient for the future so I won't feel like I'm wasting time if I put a score in before I upload the video/picture. Thanks a lot
cobainage1994  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Helpful Feature! Awesome work JC!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
Brockbfball1563  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, before I try anything, does this give us the ability to change our comments on songs too if we put in the same score, or will the old comment still be there.

Location: Lincoln, UK ~ Where farming epidemics always hit the front page

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm loving this addition, thanks very much JCirri

My Wiki: Open for anybody to edit, go ahead and write anything!
......................\/
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 150443735976
mightywarrior  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it legit to post a picture of the setlist where you can see * and score?
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: L1feSnatcher
Kubuh  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mightywarrior wrote:
Is it legit to post a picture of the setlist where you can see * and score?

Yes in every case except if you are posting in the song stats section for cutoffs proofs.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brockbfball1563 wrote:
So, before I try anything, does this give us the ability to change our comments on songs too if we put in the same score, or will the old comment still be there.

JCirri wrote:
If your score matches your personal best, then it will ignore everything else except the proof fields. So you don't need to fill in your percent, streak, comment or anything else, and those fields will not be changable after submission.

Also, thanks a lot for this new feature!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome. I remember suggesting this like a year ago.

Thanks JC!

EDIT: Can this be implemented on the RB side also?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for adding this feature JC!!

My Accomplishments. Read. Comment http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73741
ManOfMrE  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple things to note that I've already found:

1. If you already have a picture link and go to edit in a video, you MUST repost the picture link, too. If you do not you will only end up with a video. This is also the case vice versa for already having a video.

Brockbfball1563 wrote:

No. I suppose this is just a bug that needs to be changed. For someone reason it does not change comments, whether you have an old one or a blank field.

Last edited by ManOfMrE on Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, and finally! I realize you're a busy guy JC

On to the point about comments - What's the need to be able to edit those? The only thing I can think of is when noob #1 gets a high score, comments 'TAKE THAT CHRIS!!' or something stupid, then a month later that same score is ranked 50th...
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Comments should capture the moment of thought/expression in your mind at the time you obtained each score (or at least submitted it). Even if you have a comment that doesn't make sense a year later (I have many), it's still nice to look back on for memories sake to know what you were thinking. Changing a comment several months after you get a score doesn't really mean much, so it's intentional that you can't change comments.

As far as blank proof links, that was also intentional to allow you to remove proof links if they become invalid and you can't provide a new link. As a side effect though, as ManOfMrE mentioned, if you already have picture/video proof and only wish to edit one of them, you have to resubmit the existing proof link for any that you don't want to change.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
Comments should capture the moment of thought/expression in your mind at the time you obtained each score (or at least submitted it). Even if you have a comment that doesn't make sense a year later (I have many), it's still nice to look back on for memories sake to know what you were thinking. Changing a comment several months after you get a score doesn't really mean much, so it's intentional that you can't change comments.
Hmm, I didn't think of that, good point. *looks at my year-old comments that say things like "FC soon"*
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: