Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
GH3 Wii Customs Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrGiles  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, all custom songs before now have been made to incorporate both speakers, correct?

The notes on that file could very well by alternating between the 2 speakers, and that's why only 1 is heard on the Wii version, but both of them are heard on the PC version, which has Stereo.
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrGiles wrote:
Yeah, all custom songs before now have been made to incorporate both speakers, correct?

The notes on that file could very well by alternating between the 2 speakers, and that's why only 1 is heard on the Wii version, but both of them are heard on the PC version, which has Stereo.

read my edited post before yours.

im now burning this new wav file that should have both speaker channels in the one....if that makes sence >.> so say theres left and right, this is left and left (with the sounds from right) in a mono that spreads out between left and right :|...if that makes ANY sence at all.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yeah, it makes sense.

Im gonna do that with the disc with completed charts and stuff, since I've already used 2 DVD's just for the sound.
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrGiles wrote:
Ah, yeah, it makes sense.

Im gonna do that with the disc with completed charts and stuff, since I've already used 2 DVD's just for the sound.

i recommend grabbing a dvd+rw, there a godsend for wii testing

edit: my method didnt work.....they must still be being seen as stereo somehow

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I figured it out

Here is a good example
Collective soul - heavy
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2548/leftritexo3.jpg
-just the song left and right

1. select track from top menu.
2. select "stereo to mono"

You will be left with this
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6284/renderuy7.jpg

both left and right on a 33075 mono track!

Last edited by wiithief on Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiithief wrote:
I figured it out

Here is a good example
Collective soul - heavy
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/2548/leftritexo3.jpg
-just the song left and right

1. select all
2. Click on the tracks menu
3. Select "Mix and Render"

You will be left with this
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/6284/renderuy7.jpg

both left and right on a 33075 mono track!

does the game load the song?

what version of audacity is that? (i dont have the tracks tab, i have a projects tab instead

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I plan to pick up more when I run out.

Btw, I hope you guys don't mind, I posted a topic about this on GBATemp.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=77081
wiithief  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1.3.4-Beta (unicode)

I downloaded it today.

Yes it does play. It is saved as a single mono channel. There is no attributes attached to that wave that tells it what is what. Once it renders it you cannot undo it if you close the program.
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiithief wrote:
1.3.4-Beta (unicode)

I downloaded it today.

Yes it does play. It is saved as a single mono channel. There is no attributes attached to that wave that tells it what is what. Once it renders it you cannot undo it if you close the program.

i just did it, burning to disc now too double check.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what song are you trying it with?
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bruce dickinson - broken

all im concerned about is weather it will load the song ingame, if it definately does, then its game on (for the audio)

mrgiles- if this method does work, i will need to alter my little guide and you should ammend the one on GBAtemp to suit it

edit:

it stil doesnt work after choosing the song from the setlist it goes to the loading screen and just loads forever.......which is the same thing that happend all the other different ways i tried.

edit 2: trying another method, created a new wav in goldwave set to mono - 33075

opened my mp3 and cut...copied into the wav we just made then saved. burning for a test now.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unsteadycarrot wrote:
bruce dickinson - broken

all im concerned about is weather it will load the song ingame, if it definately does, then its game on (for the audio)

mrgiles- if this method does work, i will need to alter my little guide and you should ammend the one on GBAtemp to suit it

edit:

it stil doesnt work after choosing the song from the setlist it goes to the loading screen and just loads forever.......which is the same thing that happend all the other different ways i tried.

I am not saying you did anything wrong. But I tried it twice and it works flawlessly. No cut out on the channels and sounds great. I took your idea and reused my 2 blank tracks and had no problem. Reloaded all 4 files into datedit, reloaded into trucha, signed and burned. Maybe you missed a step on accident.
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiithief wrote:
Unsteadycarrot wrote:
bruce dickinson - broken

edit:

I am not saying you did anything wrong. But I tried it twice and it works flawlessly. No cut out on the channels and sounds great. I took your idea and reused my 2 blank tracks and had no problem. Reloaded all 4 files into datedit, reloaded into trucha, signed and burned. Maybe you missed a step on accident.

maybe its something to do with the version of audacity i have?...as i just used quick mix under the projects tab.

if my other way works ill stick with it, if its another no go ill get the same audacity version you have and try it again....maybe quick mix does things a bit differently.

edit: getting that other audacity version 1.3.4-Beta (unicode) ...doing it your way again

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to crash. Its midnight here and I have work at 5:00. Hope so good stuff happens in the next couple hours. Its been a pleasure.
Unsteadycarrot  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wiithief wrote:
I have to crash. Its midnight here and I have work at 5:00. Hope so good stuff happens in the next couple hours. Its been a pleasure.

no problem, im sure ill speak to you again here tomorow .....im trying this new audacity but it keeps crashing on me when trying to export the wav

tried a similar method using goldwave but it stil causes the game to give me the never ending loading screen .

gona bugger off to bed...had enough for one day
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 10 of 17

Jump to: