ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New GH3 DLC available - No Doubt pack
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 8:34 pm    Post subject: Re: WHAT?!!? Reply with quote

Ra3PFEST wrote:
D00D No doubt is gay

best DLC ever would be

A7X track pack:
Second heartbeat
Strength of the World
The wicked end

Posts like these are really beggining to annoy me. "Why can't they have more of (insert favorite band) in there! These new tracks suck!" Everyone has several of their favorite songs that they'd love to see in GH, but there's no need to immediately denouce new DLC. My guess is that you weren't that old when No Doubt came out with Tragic Kingdom, which is altogether a really solid album.

I don't think Guitar Hero caters to one group...they like to broaden their scope with different genres. The makers of GH (I always get mixed up with Activision, Neversoft, and Red Octane, I can never remember who is who) are trying to gain a larger audience. Their market research may have said, "We realize that Avenged Sevenfold players are more likely to play Guitar Hero because the majority of the music in the game is closer to their style of music. However, we could increase sales by n% by adding ska to the mix."

Besides, Playing Guitar Hero is not about playing rock all the time. Read the title again...it's called Guitar Hero, not Rock Hero. It's learneing to appreciate how a guitar can be played. Not every track in the game needs to be heavy metal, and it won't kill you to play some California ska-punk

By the way Rapefest (Really? Your name is Rapefest? Grow up, man...), these comments are not entirely directed to you. Your 1st post (and I echo toymachine's sentiments) just happened to be the straw that broke the camel's back.

guitarheroman44  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2008 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sweet
jayjaybink12  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounda cool, might want to download it soon.

GOALS

5 star raining blood [#]
5 star all GH3 carreer songs [#]
5 star all songs in game []
Pass through the fire and flames [#]
MavsPride41  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shananagans4 wrote:
and people said aerosmith was bad......................this is the epetamy of shitty gh songs.

wow seriously no doubt? (middle finger at neversoft) seriously you could do so much better.

Dragonforce pack? Van Halen pack? Iron Maiden pack? Led Zeppelin pack?

cmon, jeez. i have never hated a DLC this much.

whatever the next DLC should be good hopefully

I can't stand people who make these posts. Are you seriously ignorant enough to think EVERY fucking person wants to play some badass metal shred song that has crazy solos? No, not all of GH's customers can play on Expert and FC songs. Neversoft wants to try to cater to ALL audiences, not just you.
DrofMot  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^

Also, maybe it's a bit tougher to get rights to ZOMG METALLICA songs? Considering the fact they're dicks, I wouldn't be surprised.
TenderTom  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Band gives you good songs to download...What is guitar hero doing? With few exceptions, the DLC SUCKS!! No Doubt pack? Who are they trying to appeal to?? UGH
TheTacomaster  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I'd love to defend the GH DLC, doesn't this seem a bit more Rock Band oriented? Hey Mr. is the only one that's not an easy FC, and I don't really have that much fun FCing things.

I dunno, maybe they're saving their ammo for something massive. Like the one DLC pack that'll shut everyone up.

I'd kill for a light Buckethead pack. Nothing anywhere near Jordan, stuff like Pepper's Ghost, Hills of Eternity or anything from Colma, and Scapula or Revenge of the Double Man.

Fun, simple, amazingly cool.

Probably the 5000000th person to suggest Buckethead DLC, but at least I'm not pushing for the Unbeatable DLC pack.
Nuke39  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to say this simply.

-I don't think people should whine and complain that your particular favorite band was picked. Make customs if you have that big of a problem with it.
-Neversoft, in the sea of bands, why would you choose No Doubt? A band no one remembers for having great guitar riffs? I'm not saying you should listen to every request, but try to get the general jist of what you should get out for more.

This game is becoming less and less true to it's title of "Legends of Rock." As Yahtzee said best, if this kind of stuff is considered Legendary of Rock than a grilled cheese sandwich is haute cuisine.
Kail12321  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is DLC for wii
Ra3PFEST  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well there is a lot more bands for instince,

Steve Voi
Ynwie Malmsteen
GnR
Dragonforce
Children of Bodom
Slayer
Coheed and CAmbria

those would all be good DLC
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ra3PFEST wrote:
Steve Voi

lolwhosdat?
Ra3PFEST  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
Ra3PFEST wrote:
Steve Voi

lolwhosdat?

One of the most influencial and greatest guitar players of all time
toymachine  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ra3PFEST wrote:
toymachine wrote:
Ra3PFEST wrote:
Steve Voi

lolwhosdat?

One of the most influencial and greatest guitar players of all time

Is he anything like Buckethod or Yngwie Molmsteen
Cyberwaste  

Location: Port Macquarie, the fine... planet of Australia. Chippy-chip-CHURRAH!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nuke39 wrote:
Neversoft, in the sea of bands, why would you choose No Doubt? A band no one remembers for having great guitar riffs?

You mean a band no one remembers... period? I'm exaggerating I know but really as stated, out of all the bands you could have chosen, from the floods of requests for Slayer, Avenged Sevenfold, Van Halen, Metallica (although they're douchebags as people... Still they gave us a "One" master), Buckethead, Steve Vai and other avant-garde guitarists... You chose a band that MIGHT have appealed to the masses around 97 but now no one gives a fuck about nowadays.

psxfreak101 wrote:
But seriously I hate this country when it comes to my beloved hobby of presing buttons on a controller and making shit on my TV follow my every command.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: iAmCyberwaste PSN Name: CyberwasteFX
Koolstryker  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 12:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an idea! Let's play the songs and THEN rate them. I find that works better sometimes.

Also, I'm fairly sure They're trying to get some good guitar songs in there, but here's some things to remember:

- Not all bands want they're music in this kind of game. Since when you buy the game you're free to use it as long as it doesn't make you profit. And so some people see it as pirating.

- Not everyone is insanely good and can beat things like TtFaF and One. Imagine how lame it would be if you picked up Guitar Hero 4 and couldn't beat any of the songs.

- Not every band in the world can do amazing things with there guitar. Some people are just more talented, and the others do have some amazing chords, but you can't really show those properly in guitar hero.

- This music isn't cheap. It costs a LOT of money to get the rights to these song. Especially to bands like Van Halen and Led Zeppelin. Also, since GH3 likes to pride themselves on their master tracks, the songs are about ten times more expensive.

Sorry to be the person to break it to you - yes you, sitting at your computer about to post your huge rant about how GH3 has "lolno YNGWIE OR PETRUCCI! ='(" - but just because you want it to, and you pray everyone night to whichever deity you serve, and you beg your parents, and you write to santa clause about it, the world does NOT and will NEVER, EVER, EVER, revolve around YOU, and will not ever go the way you want.

~ Koot

[ ] FC Search and Destroy
[ ] FC Madhouse
[ ] FC Crazy on You

------------------------------------

[X] FC Jordan
[X] FC TtFaF
[X] Lie on half of my completed goals...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 14 of 15

Jump to: