ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New DLC - Modern Metal (Thrice, Deftones, Avenged Sevenfold)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News
View previous topic :: View next topic  
metalpizza  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bear in mind that a petition would take a while to become effective. it's likely that neversoft has to obtain rights to distribute the song and profit from it. within that context, the dlc that came out in the last month was probably planned months ago.
Pwnd  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sloqx wrote:
Pwnd wrote:
Modern Metal sucks and is clearly shown here.

QFT

... What does that mean?
RageK1T  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahaha
There is also a new DLC pack coming for free around ST Patrick's day, it has Dropkick Murphy's songs, anyone cares I'll search for the songs later on but yeah. just letting ya know in case you didn't I don't really want to read 13 pages of discution =]
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:49 pm    Post subject: Re: -----------------------NEW TOPIC------------------------ Reply with quote

ErictheGuitarMan wrote:
An unrealistic idea.

Yeah, petitions don't really work. I've seen hundred of online petitions for some cause, ranging from the legalization of marijuana to allowing dogs to poop freely in the park. Legislation quickly disregards these, and don't see petitions as a legitimate reason to do something.

And with Neversoft, they can't get the rights to every song, some are either impossible or expensive as hell. In addition, How would you propose which songs to put on the petition? There's no possible way we can agree on everything. For instance, and this may seem blasphemous within Scorehero, but I hate Stairway to Heaven. There, one song we can't ALL agree on. Even if some songs are what the majority of a group wants, it again boils down to Neversoft obtain the rights, and possibly the master track.

In addition, ScoreHero is a community with roughly 180,000 members, and I'd venture to guess about half of those are active, and even less have a copy of GHIII for XBox 360. Guitar Hero sales for the XBox 360 platform surpassed 383,000 units in it's first week alone! Imagine how many people have it now.

Plus, there really isn't a reason to complain about the songs. If you don't like the songs, you shouldn't have bought them. You have the chance to download a free trailer of the song sharts, or look it up on YouTube after a day or so and preview the charts. Be grateful that the 360 even get DLC, the PS3 is the only other console that has a chance to play the songs.

I'm done, I'm moving on to another topic [/rant]

Buzzer  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pwnd wrote:
Sloqx wrote:

QFT

... What does that mean?

quoted for truth
mikeybaby  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Must admit, I'd have prefered to see my own summer and deadbolt in here instead of these, and don't like a7x, but could've been a lot worse.

As for them being fairly easy, I'm sure scorehero comprises many users that fit into the elite with regards to guitar hero. Just look at the comments for any guitar hero vid on youtube, I've seen many vids that even I can beat and I doubt with my GH3 scores I'd hit the top 3000 here, yet people will go on saying "Holy shit, you're awesome" (so long as you can find those comments in amongst the whole "paly reel gitar" ones you'll doubtlessly find clogging it up) This all suggests to me that there's going to be a lot of people who get this pack who may find these songs difficult on expert and won't be FCing them any time soon. Gotta cater for everyone, not just ludicrously good scorehero peeps.

Example, I don't enjoy TTFAF at all, or raining blood, or jordan, or DWDTG. Why? Because I'm one of those people who rarely get to play the game so with the time I have available to touch a 360, I don't want to spend it in practice mode working on how to hit what I consider for me uncomboable/unhittable sections, or playing songs where hitting notes is a rarity. I'm sure others like me wouldn't enjoy getting a DLC pack and finding that they either just flail or fail their way through it.

Not a pack for me, but they look nicely charted and I look forward to seeing charts done as well for songs in the future.

"All I do is sit down at the [laptop] and start hitting the keys. Getting them in the right order, that's the trick... that's the trick" The immortal words of Garth Marenghi
shananagans4  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

not bad, better than No Doubt so im happy.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: shananagans4
BrianSpud33  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mikeybaby wrote:
Must admit, I'd have prefered to see my own summer and deadbolt in here instead of these...

Completely agreed.

My biggest issue with the DLC, and really GH3 in general, is not that the songs, artists, or charts (for the most part) are necessarily bad... it's that "newest/hit single at the moment" seems to outweigh "song by same artist with more interesting guitar parts" (note: more interesting does NOT mean OMGWTFIMPOSSIBLE). I mean, I completely understand the reasoning, both on the artist's part and Activision's part, but it doesn't always translate into fun songs to play.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i found a vid of almost easy
its not me
its Darkbeat2K
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DIeJxY3gbXw&feature=related
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BigBlack77 Wii Friend Code: 176220881552
RageK1T  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah thats bad recording, that kid needs to take that mic off his fucking hands, or get away from the camera, you hear more strumming and the buttons smash then the song.
InDeparture  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put Trivium in one pack and I will buy it.
shadowbane  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: dude... Reply with quote

i'm so killing myself... now i also really want x-box 360, will see if my friend will get it, love all the bands, perfect chose for a7x, thrice, i don't like their newer stuff, i'd put artist in abulance, the most awesome songs they have for that album, deftones, don't know too much but awesome anyways.
100%-FC cult of personality[ ]-5
100%-FC Cliffs of Dover[ ]-3 and had tapped both orange parts.
Dude, Don't Taze me Bro;
Now mastering co-op, try to beat any of our 1st's overall or just ps2 1st's. also its sad we got optimal for closer before anyone too. cept maby ticks lol
allergictoshelfi  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They should put in a guns n roses track pack for dlc like. they already have welcome to the jungle so they have the rights for it (paradise city, night train and yesterdays) id so get that
psychomonkey62  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

.........this is metal?
Cam101  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, I am impressed by how fast they are getting these DLC packs out! 2 packs within like 3 days. Well these sound like awsome songs and I will definetly eventually buy it. And isn't a Dropkick Murpheys pack coming out soon?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Official Guitar Hero News All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 13 of 14

Jump to: