ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Cross-Platform Rankings are up!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Imryel  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 6:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jesse0986 wrote:
Apologies if this has been brought up already - it's hard to do a search for "GH1 ratings 7.7 8.7 frankenstein" and come up with anything related to what I wanna mention

On the Top Scores page for GH1, all of the ratings are listed as though a 2.8x multiplier is required for a five-star, whereas on the actual rankings page for each song (simply click on a song and you'll see what I mean) the ratings are based on the 3.0x multiplier (as it always has been). For example, the Top Scores page shows Frankenstein's top score as being an 8.7-star, while on Frankenstein's own ranking page it's a 7.7-star.

Don't know if you guys meant to switch all GH1 scores to the star rating with 2.8x as the multiplier for a five-star, or if it was just a coding error somewhere and that GH1 is sticking with the 3.0x multiplier ratings. Thought I'd bring it up.

I for sure hope it was a bug. It would be silly to have the stars reflect something different than is in the game.

inimitable  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropped more than 4000 spots! Hot damn. I guess that's what I get for playing PC Expert.

But really! This is awesome. Thanks a lot for all your work.

Newest custom chart: Avantasia - The Tower (RB3 Full Band)
JCirri  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imryel wrote:
jesse0986 wrote:
Apologies if this has been brought up already - it's hard to do a search for "GH1 ratings 7.7 8.7 frankenstein" and come up with anything related to what I wanna mention

On the Top Scores page for GH1, all of the ratings are listed as though a 2.8x multiplier is required for a five-star, whereas on the actual rankings page for each song (simply click on a song and you'll see what I mean) the ratings are based on the 3.0x multiplier (as it always has been). For example, the Top Scores page shows Frankenstein's top score as being an 8.7-star, while on Frankenstein's own ranking page it's a 7.7-star.

Don't know if you guys meant to switch all GH1 scores to the star rating with 2.8x as the multiplier for a five-star, or if it was just a coding error somewhere and that GH1 is sticking with the 3.0x multiplier ratings. Thought I'd bring it up.

I for sure hope it was a bug. It would be silly to have the stars reflect something different than is in the game.

It was indeed a bug that I've just fixed.

Also for anyone concerned about incorrect combined ranks (0th or 65535th place, etc.). I've posted this in another bug reports thread:

JCirri wrote:
There was a problem with some rank updates. It calculates the correct rank, but was occasionally failing to shift ranks up for other scores. So then when another score was deleted (and ranks were properly decremented) it lowered 1st place down to 0th, and then 0th back up to 65535th on a subsequent delete when attempting to subtract 1 again.

I've fixed the rank update issue so no new incorrect ranks should be introduced. But I'll need to reinitialize combined ranks data to fix the existing problems (and there are quite a lot). I'm deciding now whether to do this live with table locking (making the site very slow), or to shutdown submissions again for a few hours. Either way, the incorrect ranks should be all fixed within a day.

Until then feel free to keep submitting your scores without worries, there will be no loss of data when I fix the ranks.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! When I submit all my new scores I can't wait to see where I stand. Nice job as always JCirri

Auriscope wrote:
In every game, chords count as one. That's why you don't see 2-3k note streaks on Before I forget.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: wleklinski23
christiano27  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is quality, shame to see me pushed from 41st on PS3 hard on GH3 to 700th odd overall though!

Great johb none-the-less!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I swear I'm going to log onto scorehero one day and it's going to like spontaneously combust because there is like so much code and information being processed at once I don't see how this website handles it... you guys are awesome for all you guys do. :_)

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Mushy2008 PSN Name: Mushy2008 Wii Friend Code: 4798547854137468 ICQ Number
Boon  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much for all those amazing features you bring to us !

My blog (in French)
Nikolai3035  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm. "Dropped" from top 200 to top like 400. Guess I'm not as good as I thought Time to get to work on some better scores then!
Kryptenx  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thought I'd report another minor bug:
http://www.scorehero.com/compare.php?sort=1&group=4&game=0&diff=4&user=top&user2=59685

When comparing against the best scores, it shows me as ahead on a few songs. Upon closer look it seems that there are typos in the database query for a few songs.
Eg: PotR pulls my correct score but pulls an incorrect score for Lo7. It's actually showing Lo7's score for Radio Song.

Looking at RYLaH, MPChedda shows up as 1st globally, but it displays MPC's score for SOSaD. Also, MPC is 3rd globally for RYLaH, not 1st. MPC does appear 1st globally for SOSaD though.

Hopefully that is enough information for you guys to work with.

Edit: it looks like it's more than just that, a bunch of songs are off. It's probably due to the fact that I don't have scores posted for every song
mrkuo  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nikolai3035 wrote:
Hm. "Dropped" from top 200 to top like 400. Guess I'm not as good as I thought Time to get to work on some better scores then!

I'm in the 400s on both gh2 and gh3 as well. In addition, I only have 1 top 100 score on each game. Red Lottery at 99 and Juke Box Hero at 100 (which doesn't really count because it's DLC). Nothing like a little humbling experience.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe there's another bug as well. I am ranked 47th for GH2 expert on PS2, but when I checked the global rankings, I was 46th. I have no 360 scores submitted, so I really don't see how it makes sense for any of the 46 players ranked above me on PS2 not to be ranked above me as well in the overall rankings.

I guess it depends on how the adjusted score system handles players who have submitted both PS2 and 360 scores. If a player has a good PS2 score and a bad 360 score on the same song, will the bad 360 score pull them down in the rankings?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everything should be good now. I just disabled submissions (and deletions) for the last 6 hours while I reinitialized everything to fix all existing problems. Submissions are now back up with data integrity issues resolved.

I have a good feeling that I've found and fixed all the major bugs with score insertions, so hopefully all will behave as expected from now on. If you reported a bug here or in bug reports, please go back and check it again. And if you notice anything else wrong, please let me know.

Barbaloot wrote:
I guess it depends on how the adjusted score system handles players who have submitted both PS2 and 360 scores. If a player has a good PS2 score and a bad 360 score on the same song, will the bad 360 score pull them down in the rankings?

Adjustments are only in the positive direction and the system automatically pulls the better of any shared adjusted scores as your "combined best" for that song. So it's not possible that having a lower (adjusted) score on a different platform could hurt your overall global rank, but it is possible that having a higher (adjusted) score can help your overall global rank. And in the "All" platforms view in your Manage (or Browse) Scores interfaces you can see exactly which platform's scores are currently contributing to the overall total (in your case, all PS2 for GH2).

Seeing as you made your post during the re-init I'm guessing the data was incomplete. Looking at it now it seems your overall rank is lower than the PS2 rank (which is to be expected).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm so freaking glad that we have geniuses running ScoreHero!

Seriously, this is brilliant.

Hooray for being a PS2 player though, it seems that if your ranks drops less there, due to the huge base. Not that my rank was all that hot before, but...

:P

Oh! Right! I have a question, and you'll have to excuse me if it's has already been asked, because I haven't read every post in this thread:

Are there plans to integrate this into the...er...dynamic stat images? Like...make new options/columns for global rank?

Matt wrote:
I'm going to pistol whip the next person who says Rick Roll'd

Best percentage in RaBl: 91% T__T
bjwdestroyer  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lisamariefan wrote:
Are there plans to integrate this into the...er...dynamic stat images? Like...make new options/columns for global rank?

There's currently a discussion of that here, started by Deimos.
Schmole  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

69th on PS2.... versus 178th overall >_<

dammit i gotta rly start working on my scores
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 8 of 9

Jump to: