ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
HellAshes Technique FAQ
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShadowDude27  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you finger Arterial Black Solo a+b? If I really tried I could get this FC, I'm just having trouble with this section.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMFG HELLASHES! SAY HI TO ME AND I'LL LEAVE YOU ALONE!

Lol, jk, I actually do have a quesiton though... for most songs (i'm going for score right now) is it a good idea to try and start with the somewhat easy stuff first, and then work up until the solos? I'm asking because I've come so close to FCing Impulse so many times... Like... I've FCed the solos, but missed -2 on the intro parts. Or I get 100% on all the other parts, but get -3 on the solo, and onwards and onwards... Which is a good idea at first? (also tapping advice on TTFAF 'You Rock' would be nice)

Five Star List on Game (GGAHT)
Pass Constant Motion without SP (Yay!)
On the subject of me getting disconnected online from the Endless Setlist 2 on Panic Attack (2nd to last song)
Griffinhollow wrote:
the Endless Setlist isn't meant for online play
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PriestRSC PSN Name: Smarthis
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jesus, I need to update more often. I hate doing these giant posts.

HellnFire666 wrote:
Do you think you could give me a fingering for the middle section of BaTH's Solo D? The little HOPO section in the middle is causing me serious trouble.

ApE wrote:
Could you give me a fingering for the ascending scales at the end of Blackest Waves of TtFaF? My method involves too much sliding for me to be consistent:

2 1 1 1 2 1 2 1 2 1 1 1 2 1 2 1 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 1 1 2 3

Also, would you suggest staying in position 2 the whole time for the part?

Thanks in advance.

I found 2 finger sliding to be easier on those zig-zags.

TehFrigz wrote:
HellAshes wrote:
Alternate strum of course. Make sure that the high notes of each part are with the down strum of your other hand. It's easier to coordinate.

Rude Mood, try learning the main riff the best you can. That's the majority of the song. Aim for SPs, and save SP for that crazy 3 note chord section that's OMGWTF worthy.

You can play customs on slower speeds if you replace the 50.vgs, the 65.vgs, and the 85.vgs files with the song you used to replace the normal vgs file.

For SSB, do you hit the higher note with 4, or 3?

For custom slower speeds, do you have to slow the song down before replacing those files, or does it do it automatically? Also, do you have to use the same offset as you did for the regular song?

I hit blue with my ring finger, and orange with my pinky. Also, you don't change ANYTHING with the song you used for the original .vgs. Use the same offset and everything.

ITapTooMuch wrote:
How do you hit the 4th SP in TTFAF? I could hit it the first 3 months of the games release when I got about 300k, and now I get 500k average and I can never hit the 4th SP.

Try sliding up to the with 1-3 fingers, then sliding back down to red afterward.

ChaosLegend wrote:
I've been trying to improve my KoC score on Hard and the main problem I have is at the outro. I usually downstrum the whole of it, which really tires my hand out. I decided to try alt-strumming but I can't seem to get the strumming down. Should I alt-strum the whole way or only parts of it?

Thanks

Try mixing down strumming and alternate strumming together. I do that on Six's verse and it makes it much easier IMO.

directshot999 wrote:
How are you supposed to hit solo C of BiM? That first crazy zigzag...

etc.

Of course, I'm no Lo7, and I can't 1 hand this, so how do I tap it? Tried all zigzag tapping methods I know of >_>.

I've never found a tapping technique that's good enough to hit this. :/ Only ways are 1232 and 2343, both anchoring every note.

pedrohero wrote:
hey HA,how do I hit those trills,in RaBl,after the slow BO trills?

The 1st post of this thread has the fingering for that.

Invader4480 wrote:
Hey HA, I had a couple of questions.

Firstly, is there any videos/pictures of the gloves you use/used to use? I've been wanting to use them but I didn't really know what kind, exactly (wool, mittens, leather, etc.)

Secondly, I wanted to know some techniques/songs I can practice trills and/or zigzags with. I'm terrible at both of them, and I've been trying to get better at them.

Thanks.

1. They are wool gloves. BTW, don't play them with real guitar, they wear off quick. :P

2. Freebird solo C has a fast zig-zag, then a slow zig-zag in it. Tonight, I'm Gunna Rock You Tonight, has slow trills that helps you practice consistency.

BapeMastaFresh wrote:
hey hellashes, I was just wondering how to hit the devil solo b, I can keep a streak on all other devil solos, but this one gives me problems. It goes:

----------

Netnabi4 wrote:
HA I also have been wondering what kind of gloves you use and wear could I get a pair? Or What material so I could know what to buy? I really do think it's a great Idea.

I don't think the type of material should matter too much. As long as it isn't TOO restricting to your hand. I had wool gloves BTW.

PriestRSC wrote:
What about 'timing', like for songs like 'take this life' or 'misirlou' where it's complicated to get the timing down, how do you take care of that? Also, on B&tH do you suggest doing the hammerons on the fast strumming solo?

and finally! What song do I do next on GH2?
My GH2 Scores

Well, I stare at the measure lines. If it's 8th, 16th, 32nd notes, I count to 4 and make sure 1 is on every beat. If it's any form of triplet, like KoC, I count to six and make sure 1 is on every beat.

For BatH, I strum swing 8ths, and try to keep my left and right hands seperated as much as possible.

jamesw wrote:
How do you do solo D of Beast and the harlot?
Not just fingering, but the timing of the strumming, because whenever I see vids of solo D FC's the hammer-ons are used and it sounds like they are creating a consistent rhythm of two strums per triplet. It's hard to explain, but watch witwix's video of him FCing the solo 5 times in a row and you will know what i mean.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CoUz6XR83r0

I strum swith 8ths. Basically, it's how I do Rude Mood as well. Check my video out of Rude Mood to hear the strumming. It's the exact same as BatH.

ShadowDude27 wrote:
How do you finger Arterial Black Solo a+b? If I really tried I could get this FC, I'm just having trouble with this section.

42121131211121314111213121121121311121312111213141112131211131414211211131112111211121113111211133114411331122113311441133114

PriestRSC wrote:
Lol, jk, I actually do have a quesiton though... for most songs (i'm going for score right now) is it a good idea to try and start with the somewhat easy stuff first, and then work up until the solos? I'm asking because I've come so close to FCing Impulse so many times... Like... I've FCed the solos, but missed -2 on the intro parts. Or I get 100% on all the other parts, but get -3 on the solo, and onwards and onwards... Which is a good idea at first? (also tapping advice on TTFAF 'You Rock' would be nice)

Well.....if you can hit everything pretty well, but miss in random spots, the only thing you can do is just continue playing the song over and over. You'll start getting more consistent with everything and soon enough the FC is yours.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
InhumanHitman123  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hai HellAshes!

Ok, for Cliffs of Dover Intro Solo B, the part where it looks kind of like the TTFAF intro backwards.....how do you do that?

Also, the part on DWDTG where the trill tranfers are on the verse/chorus that separates the two solos, the part where it's OYOYOBRBRYGYG (Or something close to that) do you tap it? If so, how?

Thanks
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: o0 Hazza95 0o
MDCLXX  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HA HOW DO I GET FC I WANT ONE
yamo5  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: DOTS Reply with quote

How Do you make those little colored dots that show patterns of a song< i will loe you if you tell me
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotkillakilla
MasterMaje  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use : Y : without the spaces, and you get

You get FC's by playing easy.

-_-

Anyways! Hai HellAshes~.

A few pages back, you said :
Quote:
Making it to the top takes practice, patience, dedication, and discipline. Wow...that was so fucking cheesy, but true. Anyways, instead of worrying about ranks on songs, compare yourself to the top scores of the game. The song you are furthest from first on normally is the song you can gather the most points from, and work from there.

Well, I practice a lot, I definitely have patience, I'm more than dedicated, and I'm disciplined to the point where I got C's in college because of GH. I guess that shows lack of discipline... >_>

Do you have any particular routine you did? Do you felt you got much better because you had more challenging customs? I mean, it feels like I've hit a wall, like I'm not improving anymore whatsoever.

I'm already a decent player, I've FC'd half of GH3, with a few top 100 scores. If you have any tips on how to improve even further, I'm all ears.

Thanks a lot. ^_^
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

InhumanHitman123 wrote:
Hai HellAshes!

Ok, for Cliffs of Dover Intro Solo B, the part where it looks kind of like the TTFAF intro backwards.....how do you do that?

Also, the part on DWDTG where the trill tranfers are on the verse/chorus that separates the two solos, the part where it's OYOYOBRBRYGYG (Or something close to that) do you tap it? If so, how?

Thanks

Some people can do it one handed, but for the people who can't get that speed down, you of course must tap it. With GHIII, you can tap the orange as fast as you want. (As long as it's faster as or as fast as the song.) Meanwhile, your left hand just frets the buttons below it like normal.

For TDWDTG:

Or

MDCLXX wrote:

NO U

MasterMaje wrote:

-_-

Anyways! Hai HellAshes~.

Quote:
Making it to the top takes practice, patience, dedication, and discipline. Wow...that was so fucking cheesy, but true. Anyways, instead of worrying about ranks on songs, compare yourself to the top scores of the game. The song you are furthest from first on normally is the song you can gather the most points from, and work from there.

Well, I practice a lot, I definitely have patience, I'm more than dedicated, and I'm disciplined to the point where I got C's in college because of GH. I guess that shows lack of discipline... >_>

Do you have any particular routine you did? Do you felt you got much better because you had more challenging customs? I mean, it feels like I've hit a wall, like I'm not improving anymore whatsoever.

I'm already a decent player, I've FC'd half of GH3, with a few top 100 scores. If you have any tips on how to improve even further, I'm all ears.

Thanks a lot. ^_^

Well I didn't play my first custom till last August, and I was already up top. Customs DEFINITELY helped my hand increase speed and dexterity, especially preb's fucked up charts. There really was no routine for me. I compared myself to top scores, and played the song I was furthest from top on, and kept playing till I got what I want.

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
PriestRSC  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
InhumanHitman123 wrote:
Hai HellAshes!

Thanks

Some people can do it one handed, but for the people who can't get that speed down, you of course must tap it. With GHIII, you can tap the orange as fast as you want. (As long as it's faster as or as fast as the song.) Meanwhile, your left hand just frets the buttons below it like normal.

For TDWDTG:

Or

MDCLXX wrote:

NO U

MasterMaje wrote:

-_-

Anyways! Hai HellAshes~.

Quote:

Thanks a lot. ^_^

Well I didn't play my first custom till last August, and I was already up top. Customs DEFINITELY helped my hand increase speed and dexterity, especially preb's fucked up charts. There really was no routine for me. I compared myself to top scores, and played the song I was furthest from top on, and kept playing till I got what I want.

Wow, I picked the WORST time to join the Scorehero community I bet, lmao. Playing for three weeks and I see ALL OVER the place people getting 50% of GH3 FCed... how the hell can I compare to that? Lmao

On the subject of me getting disconnected online from the Endless Setlist 2 on Panic Attack (2nd to last song)
Griffinhollow wrote:
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: PriestRSC PSN Name: Smarthis
TehFrigz  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, erm..last customs question..how do you find out the offsets of songs you already put into the archive? Because I had to find a good number of my offsets myself because the ones posted were wrong..
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TehFrigz wrote:
OK, erm..last customs question..how do you find out the offsets of songs you already put into the archive? Because I had to find a good number of my offsets myself because the ones posted were wrong..

Play them in FeedBack. Mess with the offset until it matches the song.

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

SkaterGamer  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at your Fingerings HA... Looks like you try to avoid using the pinky a lot, Where as I use mine all the time, i kinda stay in 1st position til an orange comes up then I shift down to position 2, then stay there in that position til I see a green come up then shift back to position 1. so I'm using my pinky a lot when I'm in position 1. Hard to see exactly how you would play a song from your explanations. I can see clearly how you would do the solo's though! what I'm asking is

How did you get accustomed to actually playing with your index finger on yellow, middle on blue, ring on orange, and still shred away, I do that and I get so confused only way I can play is to stay in position 2 and use my pinky for the parts where you wouldn't.

I seem to remember someone saying MONTHS ago about you playing with 3 fingers for a while? I don't know if there is any truth in this. I'm just looking for ways to get better myself. I've hit a bit fuckoff 12inch re-inforced concrete wall. Fc's are not coming easy at all for me anymore, i'm upto 42 FC'd on GH3 which I guess is better than the general public, but that's really not good enough for me at the moment because half of scorehero.com is doing as well as me, and I don't wanna be an average ScoreHero player lol!

If you've ever played Tom Morrello Guitar battle(DLC) for instance, there is a part that goes

Or something like that.. I slide my pinky from Blue to orange while you would slide your index from green to red... Have I caught onto a REAL bad habit that I need to fix? I still hit it fine and all but just wondering if it will affect me later on if I don't learn the fingerings the proper way.

Anyway, I hope you keep this thread going cuz It's good to know there is always help from you a post away. You doing a great job with all this aswel!
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Skatergamer0209
Tbird98  

Location: Minnesota, its to boring but I don't live to far away from Chris :D

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkaterGamer wrote:
Looking at your Fingerings HA... Looks like you try to avoid using the pinky a lot, Where as I use mine all the time, i kinda stay in 1st position til an orange comes up then I shift down to position 2, then stay there in that position til I see a green come up then shift back to position 1. so I'm using my pinky a lot when I'm in position 1. Hard to see exactly how you would play a song from your explanations. I can see clearly how you would do the solo's though! what I'm asking is

How did you get accustomed to actually playing with your index finger on yellow, middle on blue, ring on orange, and still shred away, I do that and I get so confused only way I can play is to stay in position 2 and use my pinky for the parts where you wouldn't.

I seem to remember someone saying MONTHS ago about you playing with 3 fingers for a while? I don't know if there is any truth in this. I'm just looking for ways to get better myself. I've hit a bit fuckoff 12inch re-inforced concrete wall. Fc's are not coming easy at all for me anymore, i'm upto 42 FC'd on GH3 which I guess is better than the general public, but that's really not good enough for me at the moment because half of scorehero.com is doing as well as me, and I don't wanna be an average ScoreHero player lol!

If you've ever played Tom Morrello Guitar battle(DLC) for instance, there is a part that goes

Or something like that.. I slide my pinky from Blue to orange while you would slide your index from green to red... Have I caught onto a REAL bad habit that I need to fix? I still hit it fine and all but just wondering if it will affect me later on if I don't learn the fingerings the proper way.

Anyway, I hope you keep this thread going cuz It's good to know there is always help from you a post away. You doing a great job with all this aswel!

It's more of what your comfterble with, there is no "proper" way to play sections of songs, some are easier then others, but if you find it more comfterble to play things like CoP with 1 finger go ahead :P
FC 20 songs [x] FC'd (#20) Can't Be Saved but horrible score (40k less then my highest)
5* TTL and TWIE [>] 4* on TWiE
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 090313187816
PriestRSC  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tbird98 wrote:
SkaterGamer wrote:

It's more of what your comfterble with, there is no "proper" way to play sections of songs, some are easier then others, but if you find it more comfterble to play things like CoP with 1 finger go ahead :P

Imagine TDWDTG with 1 finger... but yeah, if you're comfortable with something, it should work great... I.E. Hellashes has Jesus fingers and it allows him to do things faster to make it more comfortable for him. I have... maybe a bit faster fingers then normal and so different things are comfortable for me... oh, and I tap that one part you put on there, I just tap the blue fret. :P

Griffinhollow wrote:
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkaterGamer wrote:

Whatever floats your boat. If you have an easier time sliding with your pinky, do that. Also, I use 3 fingers more often because I'm more consistent with those fingers. I use my pinky a lot more now though.

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 19 of 21

Jump to: