ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
ScoreHero Staff Restructuring
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: ScoreHero Staff Restructuring Reply with quote

Many of you have noticed the new group colors the last several days. This was installed for two main reasons: first, to add distinction between the various groups on the site rather than having to lump everyone into green-colored moderators. And second, to add a new level of help to the ScoreHero staff.

As we continue to grow, so do the maintenance tasks required to keep the forums structured and useful, and to keep IRC discussions fun and interesting. Up until now, every member on the staff has had access to virtually all administrative functions on the site. This has generally worked well, but we're finding certain areas of maintenance getting neglected in favor of other (equally or more important) site-related matters. To address the concern, all current staff members will now be considered "Senior Moderators", and a new group of "Moderators" have been added. The access granted to each Moderator is unique and depends on the skills and knowledge of the individual.

To start out, three new staff have been added as moderators:
  • EWiggen has for many months been pointing out topics that should be locked or moved, and is very helpful to everyone in his replies, not to mention having helped me significantly with initializing custom song data. He now has basic mod access on all forums.

• HylianHero, as our most frequent poster, is also one of the most helpful. Not sure how many of you remember, but Armageddon's fairly recent "New to ScoreHero FAQ" sticky was built on the first guide that Hylian wrote for the community himself. He's also active in IRC and has been made an operator in the #scorehero channel.

• The last of the initial promotions is nickb611. As many as of you could likely guess, he's been given mod privileges in the Software and Custom Songs portions of the site. He's written the most comprehensive guide yet on custom songs. His dedication and helpfulness to others has been outstanding.
This structure should scale much better as we can identify areas that are lacking moderation, and focus more help specifically in those areas as needed. It should also be noted that all moderators will be in direct communication with the senior staff at all time. So while some access is limited, this is only to encourage focused attention on areas of their expertise, and we all still operate cohesively as a single team. For your reference, moderators in each forum are listed above the page where topics are shown.

Welcome to the team EWiggen, HylianHero, and nickb611!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats guys.
eyewin8  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats Ewiggen, Hylian and NickB! I was wondering when EWiggen and Hylian would get moderator status because they are really helpful around the site.

I don't know nickb very well, but that is because I never go into the Software forum, but from what I understand, he is one of the best on the custom songs scene

Shvereal proved me wrong by FCing SWTA 1a and 2d without elbow strums. He is the motherfucking shit.
Echelar  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats and welcome to the new mods

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to you all, and welcome aboard!

*likes not being the new guy anymore, the hazing around here is riDICulous! ... maybe I shouldn't have posted this ...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations EWiggen, HylianHero, and nickb611!

I like this... Senior Moderators and regular Moderators? Epic

EDIT: HOLY SHIT! I just got ninja'd by FOUR people! What the hell? Mr. Green

Last edited by Graf on Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: APeX Graf
GuitarZero132  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

About damn time those guys were made mods.

Congrats.
GuitarHailz  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haha I saw Ewiggen's name in green and I got all excited and had to check website discussion. <3 Congrats guys, all three will make great moderators!

1KJ08mq.jpg
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: PMS Hailz PSN Name: Hailey_Ivy
Armageddon  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, more people to help out! It's always fantastic to see new faces, and I welcome all of the new guys with open arms. Welcome to the team!

/me grins...

FRESH MEAT!

Congrats guys, you definitely deserve the positions.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
lukecantplay  

I saw all but Hylian's modship coming from a mile a way. He's still a better candidate than Alakaiser :P oh god please don't ban me

Congrats to all of you!
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats all of you, I'm sure you'll do fine

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!

Hail the new mods!
I know you're going to do a great job!

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: BadgerBomber
Quakmybush  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job guys, honestly, I'm afraid of Hylian >_>
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Quakmybush
GarageMetal468  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to you three!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Thread Hall of Fame All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Copyright © 2006-2024 ScoreHero, LLC
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy