ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
THE RULES, or: HOW TO NOT GET BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Riz  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2007 6:43 am    Post subject: THE RULES, or: HOW TO NOT GET BANNED FROM THESE FORUMS Reply with quote

Welcome to the ScoreHero Homebrew Forum. Or as it seems to be lately, the ScoreHero Custom Songs (and associated software) Forum. Fairly shortly, we will be splitting "Software", including custom songs, off onto a separate forum, and leaving "Hardware" homebrewing here. This announcement will move to Software with that split.

Recently, there has been a flood of users to this forum who can only be described as completely moronic, lazy, illiterate (computer or otherwise), obnoxious, or all of the above. The flood of garbage being posted in here is making the forum nearly unusable. And so, henceforth, we will be implementing an IMMEDIATE NO WARNING BAN POLICY for anyone who posts any of the following or commits any of the following actions in this forum. If you do not wish to be banned, immediately, from these forums (in their entirety, not just Homebrew), then you had better read and understand what's written below.

Rule 0: DESPITE THE NAMES ON OUR "IDIOT PROOF GUIDES", THIS HOBBY IS NOT FOR IDIOTS! IF YOU ARE AN IDIOT, JUST LEAVE OUR FORUMS NOW. OTHERWISE, THE FIRST TIME YOU DEMONSTRATE THAT YOU'RE AN IDIOT, YOU WILL BE BANNED, IMMEDIATELY!

Rule 1: YOU HAD BETTER HAVE READ THIS ANNOUNCEMENT! If you didn't, don't whine that you got banned when you do one of the things below. In fact, don't bother whining at all... we don't care.

Rule 2: YOU HAD BETTER HAVE READ ALL OF THE STICKIES! YES, ALL OF THEM, EVERY SINGLE POST IN EVERY SINGLE ONE. Don't whine that there's soooo many of them, with soooo many posts. If you don't have the patience to spend a couple of hours reading them, then you don't have the patience required to make quality custom songs, or even go through the process to use those that already exist. The stickies represent literally hundreds of hours of effort on the part of the long time (and some not so long time) homebrewers here. You had better avail yourself of their knowledge. If you post a question that is answered in one of the stickies, you will be banned, immediately.

Rule 3: YOU HAD BETTER NOT POST "This is too hard, someone help me understand this. I don't get it!", OR EVEN WORSE, "Someone do this for me!" POSTS... EVER! Dozens of people have read our guides and stickies, and successfully acquired the skills to pursue this hobby. If you can't understand what's going on, and do it yourself, the problem is not with the guides. It's you. See rule 0. If your post contains anything that sounds even remotely like this, even if it also contains an otherwise valid question, you will be banned, immediately.

Rule 4: YOU HAD BETTER POST MESSAGES THAT ARE RELEVANT TO A TOPIC IN ONE OF THE STICKIES, IN THAT STICKY! If you create a new topic to ask a question or report a bug that belongs in one of the sticky threads, you will be banned, immediately. The number one offender in this regard is questions related to katamakel's Guitar Hero Explorer (GHex).

Rule 5: YOU HAD BETTER NOT POST MESSAGES THAT BELONG IN ANOTHER STICKY, IN THE WRONG STICKY! The number one offender for this is posting whiney "HELP ME" questions, or worse, song requests, in the Custom Songs Index sticky. If you are not posting a new song creation to be indexed, you better not be posting in there. If you do, you will be banned, immediately.

Rule 6: YOU HAD BETTER NOT POST "My midi doesn't work/does something I didn't expect/etc" POSTS WITHOUT POSTING THE MIDI THAT IS CAUSING THE PROBLEM! You will be banned immediately if you post one of these without a WORKING link to the midi file.

Rule 7: YOU HAD BETTER NOT POST MESSAGES ABOUT MOD CHIPS/SWAP MAGIC/HDloader/ANY MODDING RELATED MATTERS, ANYWHERE ON THESE FORUMS, IN HOMEBREW OR NOT! You will be banned immediately if you post one of these.

Rule 8: YOU HAD BETTER NOT POST OFFERS OF, OR REQUESTS FOR, ISO'S, MP3s (or audio files in ANY format) OF COPYRIGHTED MATERIAL FOR WHICH YOU DO NOT HOLD SAID COPYRIGHT, CRACKED FULL VERSIONS OF COMMERCIAL EDITING SOFTWARE, OR ANYTHING ELSE UNDER COPYRIGHT! You will be banned immediately if you post one of these.

Rule 9: YOU HAD BETTER NOT POST WRONG ANSWERS! IF YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT, SHUT UP! There is nothing worse than trying to figure out this horribly complicated stuff, and getting someone giving you bad information in the guise of "being helpful". Obviously, if no answer is currently known for the question, then discussion of possible answers is permitted, but please only post if you have knowledge to contribute and you can provide references to data or other useful proofs of your ideas. If you post answers to questions that clearly demonstrate that you have no idea what you're talking about, you will be banned, immediately.

Rule 10: YOU HAD BETTER NOT DOUBLE POST! If you post exactly the same question, even re-worded, in two or more separate places, you will be banned, immediately. If you post a stupid question, and then 20 minutes later, post again, whining that no one has replied to your question, you will be banned, immediately. In this latter case, please see rule 0. I wish I could ban you twice.

Rule 11: THIS IS A GUITAR HERO FORUM! CUSTOM SONG MESSAGES IN THIS FORUM SHOULD BE RELATED TO THE CREATION OF CUSTOM SONGS FOR GUITAR HERO! We do not want your Freetar or FoF questions. We don't even want your Freetar editor questions, even if they relate to making a Freetar chart for later conversion to GH mid format. We do not want your SNG files. Freetar has their own forums for all that stuff... use them. If your post does not pertain to the creation process for GH data files for use with GH, don't post it. You will be banned immediately if you do.

(Note, discussions related to emulation software projects such as the recently deceased Guitar Zero project, should it ever be revived, or something similar, that are being managed and created primarily by ScoreHero homebrewers, are permitted, at least for the time being. Whining and begging or even just general cheerleading for authors to release said software before they're ready to do so, are NOT permitted and if you post these types of messages, you will be banned immediately. Yes, we know you want it, yesterday. Shut up. Note also, however, that Guitar Zero is, as mentioned above, deceased. We do not provide support for it here, nor will we distribute it or allow distribution of it to be discussed here.)

Rule 12: YOU HAD BETTER NOT POST A GUITAR HERO: BAND NAME PROJECT IN SOFTWARE! These are only allowed in the Custom Songs subforum. In order to have a thread created there, you must submit a custom chart. For full info read ** Guitar Hero: (Band Name) Projects - READ HERE **

Rule 13: YOU HAD BETTER NOT SEND PMs TO OUR USERS WITH MESSAGES THAT WOULD VIOLATE THESE RULES IF YOU POSTED THEM TO THIS FORUM! We heartily encourage members who are being subjected to this particular form of stupidity to report the offending user to the staff, and they will be banned, immediately, just as if they had posted it in public.

Rule 14: OCCASIONALLY, I MAY EXERCISE SOME LENIENCY ON THESE RULES, SOLELY AT MY DISCRETION, BY EITHER DELETING YOUR OFFENDING POST, OR LINKING YOU TO THE PROPER THREAD AND LOCKING YOUR POST. DO NOT REPOST YOUR QUESTION OR COMMENT AGAIN IN EITHER OF THESE CASES (EXCEPT IN THE CASE OF LOCKS, IN THE PROPER PLACE AS INDICATED BY THE LINK IN THE LOCKED THREAD). You will be banned immediately if you do this.

Rule 15: DO NOT WHINE ABOUT THESE RULES! LET ME REPEAT IT... WE DON'T CARE! IF YOU WHINE, YOU WILL BE BANNED IMMEDIATELY!

Posts that result in a banning will be immediately deleted, including all replies. If I ban someone under Rule 0, and I think their particular brand of idiocy deserves its own rule, I may amend these rules at any time. I will notify the current members of the community in a non-sticky post if I amend the rules. New members are, of course, expected to read this announcement and the stickies.

This forum has gotten totally out of hand. Sorry to our long time regulars that it's come to this level of draconian measures... but quite frankly, we'd rather have a forum that's useful and usable for a smaller number of people, than be accommodating to everyone, and be drowning in crap. Yes, I fully realize this is going to somewhat stifle the ability of people to ask questions... they're going to be paranoid that they missed something and will get banned, and this might stifle the amount of stuff getting created here. All I can say is, if the question reflects a seriousness and shows at least some effort on the part of the poster to figure things out for themselves, they have nothing to worry about. I'm not going to be completely insane about this, but I am going to start taking a vastly heavier hand against obvious crap.

If you have any concerns about your message, or the application of these rules to it, PM me. Expect a simple Yes or No reply, as to whether you should post it, or not. DO NOT POST IT IF I REPLY NO. DO NOT REPLY TO ME ASKING ME TO JUSTIFY OR EXPLAIN MY NO. DO NOT SLIGHTLY REWORD YOUR MESSAGE AND RESEND IT TO ME ASKING ME AGAIN. You will be banned immediately if you do. DO NOT EXPECT ME TO ANSWER ANY ACTUAL QUESTION IN THE REPLY (although I may, from time to time, if I know the answer, and my time permits). I expect to not get many PMs like this... use your heads, people!

This post is locked. Nothing above is open to discussion. It has been discussed with some of the other mods and JC, and that's the policy. That is all.

Riz, the sick and tired of crap.

Rule 8 updated10/1/2011

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you may have seen, there is now a ScoreHero SH-Bot Reporting System open to users to report to Staff any posts, scores, etc that may be spam, fake, etc. This reporting system includes the Custom Songs Database. Customs can be reporting if they're breaking any rules (such as being stolen, or being a song already released, whether in-game or as DLC).

To clarify something that was not originally covered in the above-linked topic, the SH-Bot Reporting System is NOT for reporting broken links or missing files. Any problems with charts (other than being stolen, previously released, etc) is an off-site problem that can generally only be handled by the owner of the chart. Obvious exceptions with this are when the hosting website as a whole is down, when the file is down for maintenance (which happens fairly frequently), or any other similar problems.

Again, do not use SH-Bot to report broken links, missing files, or websites being unavailable, as there is nothing the ScoreHero Staff can do about these instances.

EDIT 26 DEC 2009: See this thread: http://www.scorehero.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=99749

Savefile, where many of our users over the years decided to host their charts has encountered problems over the the past year and a lot of these charts are no longer available.

The important thing to remember is that we, scorehero.com, are not affiliated with savefile, rapidshare, easyshare, megaupload, or any other web hosting service. We do not host these custom charts on our own servers. To reiterate the point originally posted, when links to charts are down, it has nothing to do with what we can control here.

1st. PM the user
2nd. See the above posted link. READ THROUGH THE THREAD FIRST.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated rule 8.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: