Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Voices113's Double Strum Fix!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
outkast3r09  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:02 pm    Post subject: Where can I buy a new Micro switch Reply with quote

I need a new one because some of the flimsy metal that pushes on the motherboard broke off from strumming...is there a place i can buy a new one to solder on
volvo  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's my problem.......

on my 360 x-plorer, when I strum up, it counts as 3-5 strums in the game. Everythings fine when I downstrum.

Will doing tis fix my problem?
IWillKickU  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ outkast - www.guitarheroparts.com

@ volvo - as long as all the pieces in the strum switch are still intact, this should fix your problem.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: IWi11KickU
BioTrVlN  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HEY, how do i open up the strum button case?
Glock  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BriGuy wrote:
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by "false contact" of the metal contacts and how exactly you figured out what was "broken" inside there. The other thing I'm worried about for this mod is that electrical tape does not hold on strongly to plastic. I'm afraid those will soon fall off and gum up the works. This may be a temporary fix that can be adapted for a permanent solution, but I'm having trouble visualizing how this is supposed to help.

Would a different kind of tape be better to use then?

Also, what kind of guitar are you using, because on my 360 LP i can't figure out how to pry the tabs off of the strum thing to get the button/button case out.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Help me! I just took apart the buttons and applied the tape, but I forget how to put all the pieces back together, lol. So I'm sitting here with a button, case, spring, and clicker and I don't know what to do with them. A picture/diagram would be infinitely helpful, but a written explanation would be greatly appreciated, too.
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheThirdDay wrote:
Help me! I just took apart the buttons and applied the tape, but I forget how to put all the pieces back together, lol. So I'm sitting here with a button, case, spring, and clicker and I don't know what to do with them. A picture/diagram would be infinitely helpful, but a written explanation would be greatly appreciated, too.

To be honest, I don't know how exactly the clicker fits in (i got rid of mine), but IIRC, you put the spring in that little nub on the top of the button, carefully turn it upside-down and put the spring in the center of the black case thing (i believe there's another nub or something) and put the top back on. The top should click into place and all should be well. Again, sorry, but I forget where the clicker fits in.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
sneep  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have open my guitar and remove the button of one switch , and after close this don't have funcionable... plz help me.... the clicker is realy needed to work ?

Thanks for replys.

Sorry , Iam brazilian and don't speak a very good english.
Gotsmack  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the clicker is not needed for the switch to work. Hopefully you didn't mistake the other metal piece for the clicker . Explain what you did, and we'll try to let you know where you went wrong
sneep  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'am have open the switch and after close this not work . =/

the metal pieces are normal...
DESMO56  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i tried to do this but

i wrecked those 2 screws, like stripped completley now i cant open it, theyre to flat to use plyers, can i break the plastic theyre holding to get toi the switches?
Let's stop trolling now

No
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: DESMONDD56
LUFC  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, but I don't have access to any Electrical Tape, would surgical tape work?
LUFC  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 21, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Please Help! Reply with quote

Alrite you guys gotta help me, I made a big time mistake, I was doing this mod because my controller was double strumming and I got really annoyed with it, so I had no choice, but whilst doing it, the wires that send the signal from the clicker part to the guitar ripped Now I cant strum because there is no connection between the strum bar and the main guitar, so I need to know how do re-wire or fix this Please help!!!
xlm360  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who did this, it still works?
And I tried to open all the guitar, but the four screws that holds the last part, doesn't get out. Any sugestions?
And it's easy to do? There is too much chance that I ruin my guitar

PS: Sorry for my english, I'm brazillian and I'm not very good in english.
Hapaha  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, this thread is kind of old so I hate to bump it, but it seems to be the only really relevant thread in the first few pages of any search involving xplorer and double strum/overstrum etc., and it seems to get bumped every couple months anyway heh.

Anyway, I just thought it should be pointed out that when you do this fix, the "no-click" mod isn't really an "option," per say.

Basically, when you take the switch apart to this extent, the only way you're getting the clicker back into place is if you are some kind of superhuman freak of nature with magical fingers.

Other than that, it seems to be working great for me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: