SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Voices113's Double Strum Fix!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Qarx  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this work for the Wii WTar?

When I downstrum, it randomly decides to count it as two strums. Is this a good fix at all, or should I just replace the switches, as explained in... well, the Sticky isn't there, per say... the best thing I was able to find was this, which wasn't what I was looking for. I WAS looking for one that involved removing the switches inside the strumbar, and replacing them with new ones from Radio Shack....

So anyway, does it work for my problem?

credits to Absoltastic and Pieman for making such awesome banners that aren't the one I made!
My Backloggery
Want a game suggestion, or have one for the community? Click here!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger PSN Name: Qarx64 Wii Friend Code: 4109996624097110
Voices113  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Qarx wrote:
Does this work for the Wii WTar?

When I downstrum, it randomly decides to count it as two strums. Is this a good fix at all, or should I just replace the switches, as explained in... well, the Sticky isn't there, per say... the best thing I was able to find was this, which wasn't what I was looking for. I WAS looking for one that involved removing the switches inside the strumbar, and replacing them with new ones from Radio Shack....

So anyway, does it work for my problem?

No it wouldn't work, the switches from the old guitars and the ones from the WTar are diferent, about the fix you're talking about, well, you'll have to look around for it, but, yes, you should replace the switches.
GP69  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this man, my guitar seems to not be overstrumming anymore (so far...)

BTW you should include a 'how-to' on how to open the clicker button cases...I almost ruined both of mine and it was a pain in the ass to put it all back together.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Agt Falcon26
Voices113  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GP69 wrote:
Thanks for this man, my guitar seems to not be overstrumming anymore (so far...)

BTW you should include a 'how-to' on how to open the clicker button cases...I almost ruined both of mine and it was a pain in the ass to put it all back together.

I almost ruined both of mine too, what I did was getting a pair of smal crew drivers, the ones with the flat head, and stick'em between the thinguies that hold the button case together and then I got a pair of tweezers and just pulled the case, but, then again, I almost ruined them too XD
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a problem, and I believe it's kind of a different problem. When I'm not too careful with my Wii Les Paul and I downstrum too loud, the spring is kind of bitchy and makes it up-strum right after my down-strum. Conclusion: I pretty much always overstrum when I'm trying to whammy in some difficult alt-strum sections. Is your mod helpful for my problem? If not, is there any possible way of fixing this issue?

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Platinum.Skillz  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, Undead, so it's almost like a kickback issue? i.e. NOT an electrical problem?

Just want to understand your post correctly. You think that the return spring action of the downstrum is actually causing the upstrum to activate? My first suggestion would be to test that for sure. You'd need to see just how far you have to push the upstrum in for it to activate.

If it's conclusive, my suggestion would be to pop open the "little black box," as I like to call it, of the UPstrum mechanism and stretch out the spring just a little bit and replace it. Hopefully that'll make the spring slightly stiffer and will keep it from doing this any more.
GH:WT : Update coming soon...
GH: X : #2 What I've Done (GH:WT)
[ ] 5-star +90% All Owned Songs
PETA: 7/2124 - Disgrace!
GH:WT Schecter - Strum Bar Enhancement (*WIP*)
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Platinum.Skillz wrote:
Wait, Undead, so it's almost like a kickback issue? i.e. NOT an electrical problem?

Just want to understand your post correctly. You think that the return spring action of the downstrum is actually causing the upstrum to activate? My first suggestion would be to test that for sure. You'd need to see just how far you have to push the upstrum in for it to activate.

If it's conclusive, my suggestion would be to pop open the "little black box," as I like to call it, of the UPstrum mechanism and stretch out the spring just a little bit and replace it. Hopefully that'll make the spring slightly stiffer and will keep it from doing this any more.

Yes, you understand my post correctly. I had this problem with ALL the Wii Les Paul I played with (3 lol), though it never did that with the 360 Les Paul.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion, and other suggestions are welcome too.

EDIT: all my strum bars also make a very silly sound. I could make a video so you could see and hear what I'm talking about.

Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that I think of it again, wouldn't it be better to take the spring from my friend's broken guitar, which doesn't have that problem, instead of stretching my actual spring without knowing if it will actually work?

Voices113  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

UndeadFil13QC wrote:
Now that I think of it again, wouldn't it be better to take the spring from my friend's broken guitar, which doesn't have that problem, instead of stretching my actual spring without knowing if it will actually work?

Yes, yes it would
Nikki  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumping this thread to say a big THANK YOU! ^_^

My guitar started double strumming today (it's a Nyko Frontman wireless for PS2), so I searched for similar threads... this one was a savior! ^_^
SPinD0cter  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wah No pictures anymore.
Guitar Hero 80's FC's [18/30]
Guitar Hero 3 FC's [46/70]
Guitar Hero 5 FC's [73/85]
Guitar Hero Metallica FC's [28/49]
Guitar Hero Smash Hits FC's [33/48]
Rubymatt  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to bump such an old thread, but could someone please post the images that're now down in the first post?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are the pictures (I didn't include the first one because you hopefully know what tape looks like):

I haven't tried this yet, hopefully it fixes my problem. Hearing the damn overstrum sound after every 10 or so notes is starting to get on my nerves

EDIT: Voices, you're the man I did this and played a few songs and guess what, no overstrums FCs, here I come

EDIT 2: I guess I celebrated too early. This has certainly reduced the overstrums but hasn't eliminated them completely so FCs are pretty much out of question. Also, for some weird reason it now overstrums like half the time when I try to whammy

EDIT 3: I just figured out what I did wrong. I put tape also on the upstrum button even though only downstrum was double strumming. That wasn't a good idea. I removed it and played about an hour and there we go, no double strums whatsoever. Thanks again, Voices
GH3X 360 Goals:
40 FCs [X] Yay
50 FCs [X] Yay
60 FCs [ ] (58)
Untied 1st place in a song [ ] (Yeah right)
5* TTFAF [X] Hell yeah!

Last edited by Pertsams on Sat Jan 16, 2010 10:29 pm; edited 3 times in total
Rubymatt  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. Guess I'll get to work on it soon!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and its never douleling again??
sorry for bad english im hungarinan xD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: