ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
DISTRIBUTING A GUITAR HERO ISO WILL STILL GET YOU BANNED
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CrackerRiley  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's STILL a bannable offense?! Wow, that's news to me!
jojo77711  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm assuming it probably was not a good idea to get nickb611 mad within the same week that the Villanova Wildcats lost in the Sweet 16.
psuzeppelin5  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jojo77711 wrote:
I'm assuming it probably was not a good idea to get nickb611 mad within the same week that the Villanova Wildcats lost in the Sweet 16.
KU's gonna win it all

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

though i dont visit dpad anymore... i used to be a regular and let me tell you i hate impact with a passion.... glad he got what was coming to him

Edit: just read this

Dhoyft wrote:
It sucks that yes, impact did break the rules, but I'd also have you know that he spread interest of guitar hero to numerous people on the gotfrag forums, prior to the distribution of the iso. I'd know because my homepage has been set at gotfrag.com since 2004. So you can hate him for distributing an illegal iso but he got many others into guitar hero, which is a good thing.

pssshhhh thats bs.... if by spreading interest you mean his nonsense gh posts of how he was so awesome at it and he could beat anyone anytime?... The kid was always trying to flex an epeen that he didnt have.... glad that he was caught, but to be honest i know he is sitting at home going "IM ON THE FRONTPAGE OF SCOREHERO YAY"
Syphon  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
nickb611 wrote:
ViPeR6 wrote:
Good job catching these parasites. One question though: how do you catch one? If a gh .iso is uploaded on a site, do you assume its a SH member doing it? What if user names don't match up?

Our methods can not be disclosed for obvious reasons, however I assure you they are discrete and accurate. impact didn't see it coming.

he didn't see the impact coming amirite?

I have a question though:

HYPOTHETICALLY

If someone on here sends me a custom disc through the mail (because I'm too much of a nub to make my own/own a lolmac etc) knowing that I own GH2 for PS2 (through maybe a picture of me holding it or something lame like that) is this an indictable offense if a mod found out about it?

Just curious as to if there are any exceptions to this rule in this situation.

I don't think it's the GH code, because it's fairly obvious we all own GH, but the songs burned onto the disc.

Anyways, it's retarded both ways. Filesharing isn't stealing. I don't know how people can't understand that. It's free press.
DualHazzarD  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha nice job, good thing i have no idea how to do such things.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Starpower when dicussing the art of not getting banned from SH wrote:
READ THE STICKIES!

Owning a business is hard work. If you need any tech advise, you can reach me at contact@nsgeek.net or check us out on the web at http://nsgeek.net . We specialize in Web Design and Computer Repair. Aloha!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Venge  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dont' get me wrong, I'm all for keeping the peasants in line with public executions, but didn't the last thread end with a lock that read something like "In the future, we won't be making public examples of people like this, they'll just be quietly removed"?
nickb611  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Venge wrote:
Dont' get me wrong, I'm all for keeping the peasants in line with public executions, but didn't the last thread end with a lock that read something like "In the future, we won't be making public examples of people like this, they'll just be quietly removed"?

It's been a while since we've revealed this type of penalty, and with the conception of GH3 customs, I felt it was appropriate to again remind the community of this. impact and GodSentDeath just happened to coincidently break the rules at this time.

Custom Guitar Hero
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: DrumHero89
Graf  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and sometimes people have it coming.

Good job Nick

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syphon wrote:

I don't think it's the GH code, because it's fairly obvious we all own GH, but the songs burned onto the disc.

Anyways, it's retarded both ways. Filesharing isn't stealing. I don't know how people can't understand that. It's free press.

That would be true, if in fact you are the original owner of the copyrighted material being shared. Since you are not, in most cases, this person, this act can constitute piracy of intellectual property, and is subsequently illegal. Free speech/press is used to protect the originality of ideas.

It feels like it sucks, but as soon as anyone gets published, it feels like a lifesaver to the artist. Having someone just outright steal what you have created is a slap in the face. I know this, I've had someone steal some of my work (basically read a composition of mine, then copied half of it note for note) in one class and turn it in as their own. I know this doesn't feel the same as filesharing, but in terms of copyright law, it is.

While it's flattering that anyone would like your music enough to share it, you would also like them to respect you enough to tell everyone else to go out and legally purchase the music for themselves.

/fun with copyright laws
//Glad that legal issues class has finally come in handy
vipergtsr7588  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syphon wrote:

actually there are many that don't actually own the game themselves and even more that don't own the music itself and even if they did, it is still illegal to distribute it as the makers form contracts with retailers so they can distribute it legally

filesharing is not illegal because it was intended so you can share your own content that you made, not so you can share content that others put time and effort into just so you can distribute it to whoever you want cutting them out totally

anyways its been another day; is it still a bannable offense to distribute an ISO?

im not sure

joking of course
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: TsH1rTw1tHr1fLe
Kroikey  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
So hypothetical question. Let's say someone did this and was not caught. What would be the result of this.
Loved this quote, theres at least one person on each page with a similar question, which kind of says more than the other posts put together...

If they're foolish enough to distribute their own personal custom ISO, then foolish enough to do it on another forum whilst using the same username and linking to scorehero, then foolish enough to use the same PC with the same IP address, then foolish... joking! I'm all out of foolish behaviour.

P.S. LAWL N00BS G0T PWNED!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even I go out and buy guitar hero, and I can't even afford to buy pants . Lol at Nick banning his freedom (going to jail, lol).

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
GangsterHebrew  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say someone(s) got owned. Nice job.

Woo, 9000 subscribers.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: Gangster Hebrew
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> ScoreHero Announcements All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8

Jump to: