ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Thirsty's Accs. - Impulse, P&J, BS Expert FC's with Video's!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for my 200th Hard FC! YES WE CAN!!!

C&P from OP:

YES! I did it! Hard FC #200/211! I got my 54th Hard FC on GH2, with the song YES WE CAN!!! I have a video that is uploading. It should be done in about 2 hours.

So this is a pretty big occasion in my Guitar Hero career. I'm joining the ranks of some pretty amazing guys. So I'd like to shout out to 3 people.

eddaket - Mad props for the Hard FSFC, so impressive. You helped me a few times, so you get a mention.

ortiz1193 - My first rival, starting out on GH3H, we pushed each other back and forth, first to 19 mil, and beyond. The push is still continuing though, to 20 mil. You were really the first person who ever gave me drive to strive for FC's. I really owe it all to you.

Chubbly457 - The Hard MASTER, Chubz. I befriended you as we fought for top places in GH3H Wii, while I waited for ortiz to catch up (which he certainly did). You really inspired me to go for some of the tougher FC's, and for a while I always wanted to get even with you.

Afterwards, I practiced the Six solo for a bit, and I FC'd it 4 or 5 times. I did a real run and FC'd it my very first try for FC #201!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wait, what? YWC? Wow..... Awesome job on the 200 FCs!

And congrats on FCing Six! It's really hard, even on Hard, since the solo is unchanged .... how anybody can FC that is still beyond me.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats on 200! and even more on 201!!! thats ridiculous. after doing that i would bet you can get 210 with no trouble at all and probably 85 in WT without even blinking.

GO FOR IT!
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SpoonMan wrote:
congrats on 200! and even more on 201!!! thats ridiculous. after doing that i would bet you can get 210 with no trouble at all and probably 85 in WT without even blinking.

GO FOR IT!

Thanks! It feels good.

210? Hell. No. That would mean getting either Trogdor or TTFAF. I don't have PAL, and there's no way I could get TTFAF. I think I could definitely get 207 or 208 though. I still have Freya, Laid to Rest, and Jessica as easy ones. I also have BatH, Free Bird, FoP and TLTB as somewhat difficult but still doable ones. As for WT, I don't think I could get 85 that easily, maybe 75 or 80 in a week or two, but SHA, Satch and HFT would all take a while.
SpoonMan  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

trogdor H is ridiculous, but if you really want to devote the time to it you can just suicide run it since the rest of the song is so simple. NTSC trogdor FCs exist they're just rarer.

i remember someone in irc (cant for the life of me remember who) was talking about some weird thing where you can actually strum once and hit two notes during that solo, which could be the way around the strum limit if it actually works reliably.
All Guitar-Only Games
WINNING.
ortiz1193  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats man! 200 Hard FCs is insane. You can get up to 208 for sure. I also enjoy the shoutout . If I could learn to fucking squeeze I'd be a lot more helpful on the whole 20 mil thing. FCing some stuff might help me too. >_> I have too many games to play to grind out FCs though. :/
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got two more GH2 Hard FC's. I got Beast and the Harlot on video, and Fall of Pangea. Both together took about 1 hour.

And also, I tried extra hard to make the BatH video beautiful, so please watch it.
LemonMeringue  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes we can? GROSSS.

Nice job on the GH2 stuff, I just did that recently so it is still fresh in my mind lol, FoP was really annoying (especially the 2nd activation for me)

Good luck with 209 or so FCs, sick job on the GH1H FC, I'll be hopefully trying to match you on that later this year at some point

nanos gigantium humeris insidentes
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Lemeng Meringue
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LemonMeringue wrote:
Yes we can? GROSSS.

Nice job on the GH2 stuff, I just did that recently so it is still fresh in my mind lol, FoP was really annoying (especially the 2nd activation for me)

Good luck with 209 or so FCs, sick job on the GH1H FC, I'll be hopefully trying to match you on that later this year at some point

Thanks man. FoP wasn't too bad, cause I'm not really going for score (like that one thread you made in GH Misc...). GH1 isn't really as hard as people say it is in my mind. The engine is definitely tighter, and takes some getting use to, but in terms of actual chart difficulty, it's nothing compared to the stuff that's in 2 and 3. For someone of your skill level, TF will probably be the only thing that gives you trouble. It will still take some grinding though. There are just so many tricky spots and hitting them all in one run is so hard. As a future tip, I highly recommend using the HOPO's on the trill.
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for Freya FC which happened yesterday, and Free Bird FC today.

Also, if you haven't yet, I highly recommend watching my BatH Hard FC Video. I sing a cappella during parts of it, and it's very entertaining.

Here it is!
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2009 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for my 60th GH2H FC, The Light that Blinds.

Do y'all think I should go for the Misirlou FC after I get Jessica and Laid to Rest?
ThirstyMonkey  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for 62/64 GH2H FC's and 208/211 FC's across the first four games. I will try for a bit to get Misirlou, but it's crazy hard. Does anyone have any tips?

And please, can somebody comment? I'm proud of my Hard FC's...
Stona  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't really know why that I've always missed your thread before, but nice job on all of the H FCs! 208/211 is very impressive. I am pretty surprised that Jessica and Laid to Rest were so late for you in GH2. Maybe you just didn't like playing them very much? Good luck on Misirlou, I'm in the same boat as you on the guitar breaks, I have never been able to keep combo on either consistently.
ThunderAlex  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThirstyMonkey wrote:
Bump for 62/64 GH2H FC's and 208/211 FC's across the first four games. I will try for a bit to get Misirlou, but it's crazy hard. Does anyone have any tips?

And please, can somebody comment? I'm proud of my Hard FC's...

Nice job on the GH2H 62.... wait.. wait... this doesn't seem right... uhm...

AWESOME FC, GREAT JOB ON THE GH2H 62/64 FCs!!!

Also, sorry to disappoint you, but I have absolutely no advice I could give you for Misirlou....

One more thing: I have no idea why nobody comments in your thread. You definitely deserve more attention for getting 208/211 hard FCs, I mean, you're missing 3 fucking songs, how awesome is that!? I guess people don't care about other peoples acc. that much anymore ...

Also, if you want attention, pay attention to others. It really works.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
Adventurejimbob  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey dude, great job on all of the Hard FC's (glad to see that there is another person who doesn't always play on Expert here). By the way, you probably picked YWC for #200 due to its sheer ear-shattering awfulness. I've finally figured out the meaning of life... I mean, that song. "Yes We Can (or Yes, It Can Be Done)!" or "Si se puede..." is the motto of the United Farm Workers (in Mexico). Although I don't understand why the guitar on it sucks quite yet, I understand the "whistle solo" is the signal to work, and the repetition of those two phrases ("Yes we can!, and Si se puede") represent the workers' tireless commitment to getting the job done. "Tierra y libertad" means land and liberty, the two things the United Farm Workers are committed to. Yes, the song sucks musically, but at least the lyrics (which seemed to be as awful as the instruments) have some meaning to them.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 12 of 13

Jump to: